Date (Baekhyun Version)

Cold Hearted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stayed at home alone, because Yuri went out to do something. Jessica came over and we watched TV. I tried being as unromantic as possible, but she snuggled up to my chest. I almost hugged her as a reflex, like I had done so many times with Nicole. I had never really seen Jessica in normal clothing, but she was wearing casual jeans, sneakers, and a yellow t-shirt. I liked seeing her so casual because she looked the most beautiful this way.

"Jess, would it be wrong to ask why you like me?" I asked curiously. She looked up at me and smiled.

"I don't know. You're cute and funny and the sweetest guy I've ever met," she said. God damn it. Nicole was right. I was too nice to her. "What do you like about me? I mean, I know you don't love me yet, but just asking."

I took a moment to answer. "I like it when you're dressed like this, not all fancy but still pretty," I said vaguely. I had more to say, though. And your smile, and when you act cute, and you're the nicest and funniest girl ever...

"Is that all?" she asked with a pout. I smiled at her and brushed some hair away from her eyes.

"I like that you come to see me whenever you can," I replied, hoping that this would be enough. Her pout remained on her face as she turned back to the television. I felt bad for some reason, so I finally put my arm around her.

"I know you still like Nicole," she stated.

"You're a great girl, too, though."

"No, I'm not. I'm just a girl, not a great one," she said silently. I pulled her up next to me and looked into her scared eyes, planting my hands on her shoulders.

"Listen to me, Jessica Jung. Don't hate yourself just because I'm not in love with you," I told her. She scrambled from my grip and went back to her usual position: against my chest.

"What's the point of this? I know you won't like me," she muttered to herself.

"Yah, Jessica, don't talk like that. I have a deal. If I don't like you by the end of the night, we can call this fake dating thing off and we both leave. If I do.... I won't have to worry about Nicole anymore," I offered. She looked up at me and smiled happily.

"Okay. I can do that."

I hated my latest words. I didn't want to hurt Jessica, but what will I tell Nicole if I do like Jessica? I couldn't believe that I had actually said that.

We basically watched a random romantic thing until we got hungry. "I want ice cream. Do you want ice cream, too?" I asked. She got off of me and nodded.

"Can we have some ice cream, oppa?" Jessica whined. I smiled and went into the kitchen, getting a gallon of vanilla ice cream and two spoons. Who needs bowls?

"I have succeeded my mission!" I announced, coming back into the living room and holding up the ice cream. Jessica gave me a curious look and giggled.

"Well, obviously. It was right in the freezer, so of course you succeeded," she said with a giggle.

"Maybe I had to fight killer monkeys on the way. You don't know my secret mission," I said, holding it close to me like it was a sacred object. She laughed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter