Friend-zoned

Cold Hearted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I miss you. I love you. Come back. I couldn't get those stupid, needy words out of my head. Jessica had left a few hours before and I was left with the horrible task of telling Nicole. We'd fight, she'd cry, I'd be the idiot who starts yelling at her like that ed-up Brent. I'd eventually cry when I was finally alone, and then we'd never look at each other again.

"Hi, Nicole," I greeted her with a nervous smile when I saw her walk in the door. She frowned at me.

"I have to tell you something, oppa..." she started, but being the idiot I was, I decided that what I had to tell her was more important.

"I love Jessica. I'm such a moron! I'm so sorry!" I apologized. She smiled, her eyes lit up, and she hugged me.

"I'm so happy for you, oppa! She's a wonderful girl, and I'm sure you'll be very happy together!" she congratulated me. I hugged her back and smiled, despite the fact that I was confused as hell.

"Silly, you say that like we were never in love," I told her. She pulled away from me and I could see the tears in her eyes even though she was smiling.

"I was going to tell you the same thing, oppa," she whimpered happily, wiping her eyes. I gave her such a strange look....

"Wait, so are you coming out or something...?" I asked confusedly with an awkward smile. She backed away and hit me playfully.

"No! I was going to tell you that I love Chanyeol," she said with a giggle. "Pabo-ya, I wouldn't have dated you if I were a lesbian."

Her words, "I love Chanyeol." They felt like daggers against my heart. Why would she tell me that? Of course, why wouldn't she? I had just told her the good news about Jessica and me. But it literally hurt to hear those words. I thought I would be okay with this. I thought Jessica would take me away from this pain. I thought wrong, like always.

I hid the my tears away. "I'm so happy for you! I can't believe you didn't tell me any sooner, Nicole-sshi!" I said excitedly. She was crying, but her tears were of joy. Like mine should've been, and I wanted them to be, but it hurt like someone was whipping me in hopes that it would fix my broken heart.

"Baekkie, I just found out tonight. But I'm glad you're so nice to me about it. I was afraid you'd be mad," she said. I hugged her again, begging for her heart to return to me. But I knew it wouldn't, so all I could do was watch the girl whose heart I had captured give that love to someone else. It made me so sad, which meant that I wanted both Nicole and Jessica to myself. I was too selfish for my own good.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter