Nice To Meet You-Melanie's POV

Brothers: New Journey's End (SEQUEL)

"I could really use a drink," GD mumbled.

"I hear you," Electra said, turning to Minzy. "You got anything strong in this house?" Minzy glared at her.

"No," She hissed, standing up and walking out of the living room. After we found out that Changsuk was Seungri's father, the two went to talk outside in the backyard patio. Luna had already went back to bed. I was sitting on the couch with GD and Taeyang while Electra sat on the love chair. Taeyang sighed.

"Electra ease up on the girl, will you?" He suggested. "It can't be easy dealing with all this at her age." Electra rolled her eyes.

"Please, when I was seventeen I was already a veteran when it came to fighting drones and Dark Celestrians. Finding out your parents had lives before you were born is nothing," she said. I shook my head.

"They live different lives here, Electra. Their town is small and didn't really have to worry about Alexander like Celeste did," I told her.

"Yeah well maybe if they were on their toes our city would probably still be here and- oh, it!" She snapped, looking down.

"No," GD said. "What were you going to say?" We watched as Electra sniffed, looking up at Oinkers with misty eyes.

"Then maybe Reimy would still be alive," She said, letting a tear escape. Taeyang went to go sit next to her. The front door opened and we all turned our heads to see a woman walk in the room. She looked at me and stopped.

"Melanie," she sighed. The saddness I felt for Reimy a moment befoe quickly turned into anger. I was staring into the eyes of the woman who abandoned my family. I was looking at my mother.

"Soojin," I greeted. That looked like it hurt her, but she quickly hid the emotion from her face.

"Do you mind if we step out and talk?" she asked. I looked at GD then back at her.

"Sure," I told her. I got up and followed her outside. We walked down this little path in silence, neither of us knowing what to say.

"Are you seeing that boy?" she asked, talking about GD. I nodded my head and she smiled. "He's cute." Again, I nodded. She clearly didn't know he was the son of the man she was madly in love with. I guess our interest in men was something we had in common...unfortunately. "Well I'm sure you have a lot of questions for me."

"Not really," I told her.

"Do you hate me?" she asked.

"I hate what you did," I corrected.

"I'm so sorry Melanie-"

"Oh don't apologize to me, I'm fine. I hate what you did because of what you put my dad through," I told her. "He was in love with you." Soojin stood quiet.

"How is he?" she asked. I looked right in her eyes.

"He's dead. Killed by a Dark Celestrian," I told her. It didn't seem to phase her.

"I'm sorry-"

"No you're not!" I shouted.

"Melanie!" she screamed back. "Whether you believe it or not I cared about Charlie. I left because I felt stuck-"

"Oh I'm sorry we were such a horrible trap you just had to escape!"

"That's not what I meant, Melanie."

"Oh yeah? Well if we weren't such a burden, the least you could've done was write and tell us you moved on with your life, so he could too." My father wasted so many years of his life waiting for this women, years he could've enjoyed. I was not going to let her stand here and act like she was the one who got the short end of the stick.

"Melanie," she said, shaking her head. "You know Charlie would've died if I did something like that."

"You don't know anything about him!!!" I was inches away from her face now, my entire body heating up so fast that I could've sworn I had the ability to create fire. "You wanna know why I know he wouldn't been perfectly fine? Because he had me. Stop flattering yourself, we've gotten through way worse for twenty long years! All he needed was closure, which you denied him." I started walking back to the house but turned back to look at her. "Oh, and thank you for your hospitality. I promise that as soon as we talk to the Council we'll leave."

"You don't have to-"

"Goodnight, Soojin."