A Great Loss-Melanie's POV

Brothers: New Journey's End (SEQUEL)

The feeling of salt water rushing up my body all the way up to my cheeks is what finally caused me to open my eyes. I felt like I was a stranger in my own body, which was terribly exhausted and sore. I was lying down on my stomach on the sandy beach. I was completely soaked and as I started to lift myself up I started coughing because my throat felt so dry. I roll myself over and sit down to look at the scene in front of me. I can see the smoke from the sinking ship in the distant ocean, no signs of ice to be seen. What's worse are the bodies floating face down in the water, reminding me that not eveyone made it out safe. I hear someone else coughing and I look to see Electra laying down not too far away.

"Electra!" I make my way towards her and she gets up on her feet.

"I'm fine," She replies, looking up at me. "Thanks to you."

"Me?" I ask.

"When the ship went down you materialized the two of us so we wouldn't drown," Electra explained. Now that she mentions it I do have a faint memory of grabbing her before the water hit us. Electra glances at the water, noticing the bodies. ", I wonder who made it?"

"We should go look for survivors," I suggest. "We're probably all scattered across the coast."

"Then we better get moving," Electra mumbled. She looks around herself until she spots her bag, but sighs when she picks it up and discovers that it's been ripped open and the contents that were once inside are gone. She tosses it away and pulls out the knife she keeps stored by her ankle before we start walking.

"Do you think we'll run into trouble?" I ask.

"I think there's a very big chance we might," she answers, her eyes suddenly getting wide. "Look!" I turned my head to see Jordan passed out on the sand. Next to him was a giant polar bear, who I assumed was Jayden, curled up as well. We ran up to them and they awoke by the sound of our movements.

"What happened?" Jordan asked, rubbing his head. Jayden shifted back into his human form. He looked...different. Sure, he looked tired but so did the rest of us. He didn't seem like his happy-go-lucky self, which was a personality trait I though he would never lose.

"River brought down the ship," Electra explained.

"Melanie!" We all turned towards GD'S voice, watching as he lead a large group of people towards us. It was shocking to see that many survivors, it was a miracle. When Seungri and GD reached us they pulled me and Electra into a hug. I pulled away to kiss GD on the cheek, noticing that it was wet.

"What's wrong?" I asked. GD let out a sigh, rubbing my shoulders as he looked down.

"Taeyang's missing," He reveals. "Seungri can't find him anywhere. We thinkg he might've...went down with the ship." A gasp escapes my lips before pulling him into another hug. I hold him for a moment hearing him sniff away the tears before feeling him pull away. "We need to get moving. Noah broke his leg and these survivors need shelter." I wanted to protest. Taeyang was his brother, my friend. We couldn't just leave without confirming he's gone. But we had to. The survivors of Rubera were our responsibility and we had to get them to safety.

"How did you manage to save all of them when the ship went down?" Electra asked.

"We had nothing to do with it," Seungri replied. "It was actually Dee." We all turned to look at the tall skinny girl taking care of Noah with Minzy.

"Yeah she was able to bring all of them to shore," GD explained. "After they made it, Bom hid them with her plants." I glanced over to see Bom comforting an elderly woman. I walked up to her to see that the woman was crying hysterically.

"Why would he do this? His own father!" she cried. Bom looked up at me.

"Her grandson turned into a Dark Celestrian," she revealed. "He killed his father and then left with Alexander's army." More tragic news. I couldn't imagine the thoughts going through someone's head to lead them to kill their own family. I help Bom with the woman as we all slowly make our way back to the village, my mind going back to Taeyang. I pray that someway, somehow, he made it. I pray he's alive.