A New Home-Melanie's POV

Brothers: New Journey's End (SEQUEL)

If it weren't for the facts that Celeste was destroyed, we were running from Alexander's forces, Electra was still in some kind of coma, AND GD was missing his hand, there'd be no way in hell that I would come back to this place. It felt like years since the last and only time I've been here, but in reality I came here with Seungri earlier this month. It had been around the time Electra had gotten arrested, who was the only other person who he would talk to when it came to not knowing his parents' identity. This lead him to the decision to become some Celestrian private investigator and find out where my mother was, who left Celeste shortly after I was born. The grand reunion...wasn't so grand. We arrived, met her new daughter, then left before I even came face to face with her. But like I said, we had no other options. Now we were driving along the empty road to the town of Astral, where my mother lived. Since Astral is a small town of Celestrians, we decided to land the zone plane in a hidden area and hijack a couple of cars. With me was Taeyang, who was driving, GD, Bom, and Luna while Jordan drove the other car with Jayden, Seungri, and Electra.

"How long have you known that your mother lived here?" GD asked.

"Not that long," I told him. Looking at his face, I could tell he was trying to figure out how to ask something.

"Was...was Charlie still alive?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Even if he was I wouldn't tell him," I said. "If he knew she moved on, he'd be crushed." GD nodded, looking up ahead.

"Is this it?" In response to his question, I looked out the window, noticing the hidden trail behind the willow trees. When I nodded, Taeyang parked somewhere hidden. Jordan followed and we all got out of the cars. Jayden suddenly transformed into a bear, I was about to ask why when he got on all fours and Seungri gently laid Electra on him. I lead the group through the trees until we came up to the isolated house, the town not too far behind. I looked at GD, sighed, and knocked on the door. Once again the same girl, my half-sister I guess, answered and once again she had the same annoyed look.

"You again?" She snapped, looking at the group behind me. "And who are they?"

"We need to speak to your mother," I told her. Suddenly someone came up behind her.

"Who is it, dear?" It was a man. He seemed to be the girl's father.

"These people want to see mom," She replied. He looked at us.

"Do you all know my wife?" He asked. I sighed, getting frustrated.

"Well she carried me in her belly for nine months, but I haven't seen her since so you tell me." I felt GD's hand on my shoulder. The girl's eyes grew.

"What is she talking about?" She demanded, looking at her father. He didn't seem too surprised.

"You must be Melanie," He assumed. I nodded while he looked at the group. "What brings you here? I doubt you'd bring this many people for a family reunion."

"Celeste is gone," GD announced, stepping in front of the door. "Alexander and his forces discovered the city's location and took it down in one night." The man and the girl gasped.

"That's impossible!" He cried. Seungri scoffed.

"Would I be taking care of my unconcious girlfriend and would my brother be missing an arm if it was impossible?" He snapped. The man stared at Seungri, as if he recognized him, before shaking his head.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. Please come in," He said, holding the door open for us. We all piled in and he closed the door, Seungri took Electra and laid her on the couch as Jayden turned back to normal. "My name is Changsuk Gong and this is my daughter Minzy." Minzy raised her hand weakly in a greeting, her eyes never leaving me.

"I'm GD," GD announced, motioning towards the group. "This is Bom, Jayden, Jordan, and my brother Taeyang and Seungri." He pointed at Electra. "That's out friend Electra. She's-"

"In a coma induced by her powers," Changsuk finished.

"How did you know?" Seungri asked.

"I have the ability to feel another Celestrians powers. I know all of your abilities as well," He explained.

"Can you wake her up?" Seungri asked. Changsuk shook his head.

"She used a lot of energy before she went under. She'll need the same amount to wake up, which none of you can provide I'm afraid." You looked around the house.

"So where's Soojin?" I asked.

"She's part of the Council here," he replied. "She's at a meeting right now. We can go see her if you'd like." I shook my head.

"It's been a rough couple of days," I told him. "Can we stay here?" Changsuk nodded his head.

"Yes, of course!" He said. "We have two guest rooms that you're welcome to share."

"Thank you," I told him, glancing at GD.

"You and Bom can take Electra and Luna to one of the rooms," He said. He turned to the Kwon twins. "You two can have the other room. My brothers and I will just stay in the living room." The twins nodded and went to their rooms. Bom and I grabbed Electra and went to ours. After we laid her on the bed we put a bunch of blankets on the ground to sleep. Luna fell asleep between us.

"I can't believe we got out," Bom mumbled, as soon as Luna fell asleep. I stared at the ceiling, both of us knwoing I felt the same way. We still needed to figure out how to help GD, but for now, exhaustion took over.