The Long Term Effect-Melanie's POV

Brothers: New Journey's End (SEQUEL)

It took most of the day to return from the ship wreck with thr survivors. It would have been longer, but Electra was able to find a zone plane it a deserted Celestrian town that was in good enough condition to take everyone. It was good for us, but I can't help but think that it belonged to another Celestrian town that had been wiped out by Alexander and his army. How many more of us were left? Are we fighting a war that we've already lost? These thoughts and others like it continue to swarm your head as you wait for everyone to board the plane. Now that Taeyang was gone, it already feels like the family we were just building back is empty again. Once everyone was boarded, Electra took off and the zone plane zipped through the air to our home in seconds. Electra landed the plane a few miles away from the town and joined us as we walked the rest. Everyone was silent along the way, even GD. He kept his eyes on the ground, not even acknowledging me when I grabbed his hand. It's ok though, I know what it's like to lose someone from your family who you love very much. I can't imagine how I was when my father died, still GD was patient and never left my side. Now it was time I return the favor and be there for him.

"There's mom," Minzy points out. I look to see our mother waiting at the town's borders with the head of the council, Albert. The worry on their faces seem to disappear as relief replaces it. They walk out to meet us, our mother pulling us into a hug.

"Thank goodness you're alright," She breathes. Feeling awkward I nod my head and pull away. Minzy returns the hug, only to pull away with a confused expression on her face.

"Where's dad?" she asks.

"He's at the house, I didn't know how soon you would all return so I told him to go rest," Soojin explains. Albert approaches us, scanning the crowd.

"Are these the only survivors?" He asks.

"Afraid so," GD answers. "We went through hell getting them here." Albert nods his head.

"And it won't be in vain," He says, turning to the survivors. "The council and I have talked amongst the townspeople, you will all have a roof under your heads for as long as you choose to stay here." He lead the survivors into the town, so the rest of us headed to our place. When we entered the house, I glanced the the Kwon twins who seemed to be arguing.

"Jayden, just tell me what's wrong?" Jordan demanded. Jayden, who's usually smiling, just shrugged his shoulders.

"Nothing, I'm just tired," He says. "I'm going to bed." Jayden dismissed his brother with his hand as he slumped to his room. Soojin looked around at each of us.

"Where's Taeyang?" she asks. GD flinched, his hand tightenning around mine for a split second before looking at her with a serious expression.

"My brother's-"

"A SON OF A !" Seungri cried out. We all turned to him as he started running towards the direction we just came from. We all glanced at each other before GD took off running after Seungri. The rest of us followed, our legs movings us until we all spotted what was up ahead: Taeyang, alive and well.

"He's alive!" Dee announced. Seungri and GD had theirs arms wrapped around the other male, who was squeezing them just as much. When they finally pulled away they revealed a smiling Taeyang. It felt so good seeing him there with his brothers, knowing that our family wasn't broken after all. Taeyang spotted us and waved, which we all returned. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Changsuk coming from his house and turned to greet him.

"Missed all the action," I teased. He didn't initially respond. Instead his eyes showed worry as he scanned everyone's faces.

"Where is she?" He asks. I arched my eyebrow then looked back at Soojin and Minzy. They were in clear sight, so who was he talking about.

"Who?" I ask. By this time the others had noticed the change in the atmosphere and glanced our way.

"Delilah," He answers. "The Dark Celestrian, where is she?" GD walked up to us.

"She isn't here," he tells him. "She took off along with the rest of Alexander's army after River brought down our ship." Changsuk's worried expression didn't change as he shook his head.

"No, I can feel her power's energy," He explains. "It's powerful." My mind traced back to when I faced off against Delilah and Farrah back on the ship. Delilah didn't really put up a good fight in my opinion. I was able to knock her down until Farrah came along, and even then Electra took care of both of them just fine. She did get Jayden with that dark blue dust though.

"Wait," I whisper, looking at Jordan. After Delilah got her dust on Jayden, she whispered something to him, something that clearly upset him because he was on the verge of crying and hasn't been the same since. Jordan catches my glance and his eyes grow as if we just communicated through eye contact.

"Jayden!" He yells, quickly running back to the house. I'm right on his tail. It takes the others a moment to realize what's happening but they're also running. Could it be that whatever spell Delilah has on Jayden is still in effect? What could she have possibly told him to do? Jordan leaps up the porch and through the front door, dashing into the living before quickly busting open the door to his and his brother's room. I'm right behind him and I see the entire horrific scene as well.

"Oh my god," I gasp, covering my mouth.

"NO!!!!!" Jordan screams, quickly in tears as he falls to his knees. Jayden's body continues to hang from the blanket sheet tied around his neck up to the ceiling, his lifeless eyes staring into nothing in particular. GD and Electra are the next two to show up to the scene, both gasping as well. GD quickly runs outside to stop everyone else as I try to comfort Jordan, who quickly buries his head into my sleeve and continues to cry. Electra walks into the room and grabs the sheet of paper that was in Jayden's hand.

"She made me do this," she reads aloud. "I can't control what I'm about to do and I'm sorry for the pain I will cause. Please don't be to mad at me, Jordan. I love you, Jayden." Hearing this, Jordan sobs louder into my shoulder and I can't even stop the tears from falling down my cheeks. Deliliah controlled him, and told him to kill himself. Just when we thought we had our whole family together, we lose one of the nicest spirit I've ever met in my entire life.