The New Council-Melanie's POV

Brothers: New Journey's End (SEQUEL)

I was sitting in the living room with Electra, GD, Taeyang, and Seungri when the new recruits walked through the door. Jayden and Dee look exhausted so I assumed that they were finally done set up.

"All the security lines are up?" I asked. Minzy nodded her head, before chugging on her water bottle.

"Yeah, it's so hot out there," she noted, wiping the sweat off her forehead with her wrist. 

"So what's that going to do now?" Jordan asked.

"Let me show you," Electra answered, pulling out a suitcase. Inside were several chain bracelets. "Meet Daesung's new invention. He was working on these before Celeste got attacked."

"What are they?" Taeyang asked, inching closer to get a better look.

"Sensor bracelets," She said. "Before Daesung had to always monitor his computer for drone activity but now he made these bracelets so that they'll all beep at the same time. He designed them so that the bracelets that are closest will have a mapped route to the drone activity, but this town is a lot smaller than Celeste so we'll probably all end up getting a map."

"Is that a smart decision?" Bom asked. "Having everyone go after drones and leave the town by itself?"

"No it is not, Bom!" Electra said, smiling at the girl. "But fear not, these bracelets can also be used as walkie talkies, so if drone activity happens, GD will decide who's going after them."

"Sounds good," I said, shaking my head. "Actually, that's perfect. We have a legitimate system working here now."

"Yes," GD said. "I'll have everyone taking shifts watching the entrance of the town. Bom, would you mind taking the first one?"

"Not at all," she said, taking one of the bracelets and walking out the door. Soojin came in soon after, watching as Electra and GD handed everyone bracelets.

"Wow this reminds me of the good old days," she said.

"What do you want?" I asked, not in a y way, I was geniunely wondering if she needed something.

"The town's council would like to see you, Jiyoung," she said, looking at GD. "If you're not doing anything I can take you there?"

"Sure," he replied. "Can Electra and Melanie come as well?"

"Yes, that won't be a problem," she said. Electra got up and GD grabbed my hand as we followed my mother out of the house. We walked up a trail leading up to a round hut in the middle of the town. I couldn't help but feel worried. Back in Celeste, the only Council member that actually supported any type of plan TOP had was Mirium, who was one of many who tragically died in Celeste. With the security poles set up and Daesung's new bracelets, everything finally felt like it was in our control again and the last thing we needed were another group of old men in robes telling us what to do. We stepped into the hut and walked up to a round table with five people sitting there, four men, one woman. Soojin sat at the end of the table, I almost forgot she was also a council member. Compared to Celeste, this council was very small.

"Hello," The old man in the middle greeted. "You must be GD."

"Yes," GD said, releasing my hand. "I've come with my friends to seek shelter after our home was destroyed." The man nodded his head.

"So I've heard," he said, glancing at Soojin. "Is this all you seek?"

"Yes sir," GD replied.

"Then tell me, why is it that you have set some type of perimeter around our town?" He asked. I let out a sigh. Here we go.

"To keep this town protected," Electra replied.

"What makes you think you can protect our town?" Another man asked. Electra and I looked at each other, not knowing what to say.

"Because we're willing give our lives to save this town from Alexander and his forces," GD answered. "We've lost too many friends, sir. Whether if they were killed or were separated from us, the fact is there is only one person to blame for it all and we're prepared to stop him."

"I see," the man said, frowning as he scratched his chin. Then, suddenly, he smiled. "Then it is an honor to have warriors of Celeste guard our town."

"You're serious?" Electra asked, not believeing what she heard.

"The truth is our town has lost all communications from every other Celestrial town in the world. We feared that our demise was coming soon and the only adult Celestrians here are Soojin and her husband. Most of us are humans whose ancestors helped Celeste herself hide from the humans that wanted to hurt her because they knew that it was wrong. And we do as well," He said. "You have the counil's full approval in all your plans and actions now and in the future, GD. May Celeste watch over you and your friends."