Behind the Mist-Melanie's POV

Brothers: New Journey's End (SEQUEL)

Even though the information Dmitri told us before he died was confusing, it confirmed that Alexander was up to something, which was never a good thing. We decided to push the issue to the back of our heads for later, right now we needed to find Luna. The three of us were making our way into the city when GD stopped.

"Mel, is there anyway you can reach her?" he asked. I shook my head.

"Our communication is a one way bridge. Only she can contact me," You tell him. He sighs, his eyes showing he was trying to come up with a plan.

"We should split up," Taeyang spoke up. "We can cover more ground if I go a seperate way."

"Are you sure?" GD asked. "Who knows how many of Alexander's soldiers are still walking around."

"I'll be fine," Taeyang assured him. He lifted his hand towards a nearby street light, the light out of it until it was covered in shadows. "I'll shut off all ligh around me. Unless they can see in complete darkness, they can't see me."

"Ok," GD told him. "But come back to the plane in an hour. Seungri is still hurt and I don't like the idea of him being by himself." Taeyang nodded, taking off in the other direction. I walked up to GD slipping my hand in his.

"He'll be fine," I tell him as I see the look of worry on his face. "He's the least reckless out of the three of you." GD's lips hinted at a smile, but I could tell he was still worried.

"I just feel horrible," He confessed. "I feel like he's blaming himself about Reimy." I nodded, finally understanding. Reimy meant a lot to Taeyang, his death was harder on him than anyone else. Their relationship was in a tough spot just before he was killed, which I felt made matters worse.

"Whether they were together or not, Reimy loved that boy," I told him. "And if he needs to be reassured that I'll talk to him later."

"Ok," He says with a smile. "Let's get moving." We leave together, still hand in hand. The sun was starting to rise. The light showing the full damage of our beloved home.There was rubble everywhere, fire, and the occasional body or two. It made me sick to my stomach. As we kept walking, we heard voices in the distance. They sounded too casual to be a citizen from Celeste, so GD and I quickly bent down and crept up to the source. We were right. The voices belonged to two women. One had chocolate brown skin and a shaved head, while the other had a more olive tone and had red hair. As soon as it registered what they were in my mind, I turned to GD.

"They're Dark Celestrian," I whispered. He nodded, pointing at something in the distance. I followed his fingers, my eyes landing on three other people on their knees with their hands tied around their back. The first one was Brett, son of Larry, the High Council Leader. Larry died after he tried to kill Electra and betrayed the city. Our good friend Mirium mentioned Brett managed to escape, guess he didn't get too far. Next to him was the friend that was with him when he tried to kill me, the one who could block out powers. The final person ws Bom, a good friend of TOP's.

"I must say, Delilah," The dark skinned girl said. "You're pretty good at capturing Celestrians."

"Thanks, Farrah," The red head replied. "The one in the middle made it difficult by blocking out my powers, which is why he's uncounscious."

"Do you want to take him out first?" Farrah asked.

"Sure," Deliliah said, walking over to Brett's passed out friend. Her hand reached over him, her fingers rubbing together as a glittery dust sprinkled onto him. Smoke hissed out of his body as the dust burned his flesh away. Brett started crying and Bom looked away as most of the boy's head was now fleshy bone. Farrah looked at Brett.

"You're next, pretty boy."

"No, wait!" He cried, eyes wide. "I'll join you. I'll kill her and join you!" He said, pointing at Bom. Farrah pretended to consider this before laughing and extending the claws from her fingers. She vicously swiped at Brett's throat, flesh and blood ripping off as he fell back, dying soon after.

"No one likes a traitor," Farrah mumbled. She joined Delilah as the two walked up to Bom. "What about her?" she asked. Suddenly two vines lashed out, wrapping around their necks and yanking them backwards. They cried out in pain, both getting up with anger in their eyes.

"I forgot the can control plants!" Delilah yelled. Farrah growled, showing the fangs that formed. The vines surronded Bom, protecting her. I tapped GD's shoulder.

"We need to help her!" I cried, noticing a weak mist surronding the the entire area.

"Ok," GD said. He breathed out, his breath suddenly visible. "Are you cold?" he asked. I nodded, wrapping my arms around my body.

"I'm freezing!" I told him. We looked around us, noticing how the fog has gotten thicker. Bom's plants froze and fell to the ground. Farrah smiled, returning to normal.

"Well look who it is," She said, talking to a dark shadow in the mist. "What honor do we have for you to grace us with your presence, River?" The shadow stepped out, revealing a guy no older than than myself. His skin was unnaturally pale, almost like a tint of blue. I couldn't tell the color of his eyes because it seemed they were frost over. He wore the armor of a soldier.

"Alexander gave you two the order of executing Celestrians," He said, his voice sounding so...even. As if a computer was talking.

"What do you think we're doing?" Delilah asked. He glanced at Bom on her knees.

"Failing," He said. Farrah scoffed.

"Well you kill her then!" She told him, making him a path. I looked up at GD, who nodded his head. We had to save her. Quickly a pink flame lit up in his palm as he rushed the trio. I was right on his tail, quickly surprising Farrah and knocking her over. GD charged at the boy who's facial expression showed nothing. He blinked, reaching out and grabbing GD's flame hand. I smiled, thinking the strange boy made a mistake and would surely get burned, but gasped as ice began to spread throughout GD's hand, reaching halfway up his forearm. GD gasped at the unbearable coldness that consumed his right arm.

"Your attemt at rescue is pathetic," The male told him. "And useless." Then, with a flick of his hand, snapped off GD's hand from the rest of his arm. GD screamed in pain and collapsed on his knees. I cried out as well and tried to run to him, but felt dust fly into my face. Before I knew my body went limp and collapsed as well. Delilah stood over me.

"Paralyzing dust," she revealed. "Works great, huh?" I ignored her, my eyes traveling to GD. I glanced at the boy of ice, Dmitri's voice in my head.

The ice will bring death.