The Next Strike-Melanie's POV

Brothers: New Journey's End (SEQUEL)

It's was early morning and Changsuk and my mother had invited everyone to their house for some breakfast. The whole team showed up, including Dee and Noah despite them living with their own families. I, along with Taeyang and GD, noticed how excited Seungri was about going over. During the meal him and Changsuk spent most of the time conversating to themselves, only taking small breaks from their topics of discussion to eat or address their women. My mother didn't seem to mind and neither did Electra, who made a point to comment how she enjoyed not being the center of Seungri's attention. We were all finished with our meals and the two men were still talking. I guess they were both happy to be in each other's lives again.

"Don't get too comfy, rookies," Electra warned. "In about an hour we're leaving to the fields to train." Jayden, Noah, and Dee groaned, which caused everyone to laugh again.

"I hope Electra isn't working you guys too hard," GD commented, taking a sip from his juice.

"It's nothing they can't handle," She said. "They're picking things up pretty quickly. Especially Minzy."

"Really?" My mom asked, looking proud at her other child. Minzy smiled and looked across the table at Changsuk.

"Yeah, dad, you should see me out there!" she said.

"That's great, honey," He said, not taking his eyes off of Seungri as the latter continued to tell his story. I was the only one who saw the flash of hurt in her eyes. I wanted to say something, but someone started banging on the door. With a confused face my mother got up and answered it, stepping back in shock as the old man in charge for the council rushed in.

"Albert, what's wrong?" She asked. The old man couldn't speak at first, he was still trying to catch his breath. GD and I stood up to walk up to him and he turned to us.

"You must save them!" He chokes out.

"Who?" GD asks.

"The people of Rubera!" He answers.

"That's a Celestrian city," Electra explains. "They're on an island on what used to be Hawaii. Did Alexander find them?" The old man nodded his head.

"Wait, how do you know?" Taeyang asked. "I though we had no contact with any of the surviving towns."

"There is a strong telepath in Rubera's council. He was dying, so his message was weak but he said that the Council has fallen and Alexander's forces are taking over the city," Albert explained. He turned to GD once more. "They need you." GD nodded, turning to the team.

"Let's move." Everyone at once rushed up and quickly followed his orders. My mother grabbed Luna and pulled her into the other room, probably to distract her with her powers. We all ran out of the house, following Electra to the zone plane. She said she knew where to fly so she became pilot. When everyone was settled, she pressed the button and in a matter of two seconds we were under gunfire.

"!" She yelled, grabbing the controls. "The drones are locked onto us!" My body jumpled around as the plane started to rock out of place. Electra continued to curse as she tried to grab back control. Suddenly a small explosion happened on the right wing and she turned to GD. "We're going down!" GD quickly turned to me.


"Melanie!" He yelled, his look giving me the signal. I stood up and outstretched my arms.

"Everyone grab on!" I screamed. Soon I felt everyone's arm grab a part of my body and materialized through the plane just as it crashed into the beachy sands of Rubera. As soon as I solidified myself, Electra pulled out her gun at started firing at the drones nearby. Seungri and Jordan quickly joined her, the latter turning his arm into an assault riffle. The entire city was on fire, sending me flashbacks of what happened when Celeste was attacked. People living in the city were quickly running in our direction, assuming we could provide them protection. I turned to GD.

"We need a way out of here!" I yelled. His eyes searched the island.

"There!" He pointed towards a large ship resting at one of the harbors. He turned to Electra. "Can you get us out in that?"

"It'll be rough, but I can do it!" She yelled back, switching from her gun to large electric bolts.

"Ok," GD said, turning to Jordan and Dee. "You two need to the citizens onto that ship!" The two nodded before Jordan turned into a golden retriever. 

"Everyone follow me to the ship!" Dee yelled to the people approaching. Behind them were human soldiers working for Alexander. Taeyang, Noah and Minzy were the first to engage them while Bom created a protective barrier of large vines between the soldiers and the citizens. GD's fireballs were shooting out of his hands and hitting the soldiers until one somehow sliced one away with what looked like a sword.

"Well, well, well," said the solider. "If it isn't the survivors of Celeste, coming to save the day." He looked older than the soldiers behind him, more mature. My eyes lowered down to see that the 'sword' that blocked GD's fire was sticking out of his arm.

"Higgins," Electra hissed.

"Ah, Electra darling, so good to see you," He said. "It'll bring Alexander so much joy when I return with your head on my spiked bones."

"I'd like to see you try!" Electra hurled herself at the man, tackling him onto the ground. The human soldiers were starting to retreat, mainly due to the powerful blasts coming from GD, Minzy, and Jordan. Taeyang and Bom were watching the perimeter and Seungri, Noah, and I continued to shoot the soldiers down. Electra punched Higgins in the face before jumping back to avoid his sharpened bone. The man spat out the blood in his mouth and smiled.

"It seems I need to bring a stronger soldier," He says, backing away. "I'll give you a head start to run as fast as you can." He finally turned away and took off in a jog, the remaining soldiers leaving with him. We all noticed a big change in Electra, who suddenly turned around and was rushing to the boat. Seungri ran up to her.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Getting the hell out of here," she replied, looking back at the rest of us. "Which is what we should all be doing!" Everyone looked at each other. This wasn't normal of Electra, to run. What would she be afraid of?

"Why?" Jordan asked. "We had them running away!" Electra stopped and let out a frustrated sigh.

"Did you not here that man?" She asked. "We need to get the out of here!"

"But why?" Seungri asked. Again she sighed.

"Because they weren't running away because of us," she explained. "They're running away because they don't want to get in River's way!" I forgot all about that guy, the perfect assassin of ice. Suddenly the fear that was in Electra traveled to Taeyang, GD, me, and Bom, the four people who have witnesses what the male could do. I turned around to the destroyed city of Rubera and gasped. Peeking over the corners of the city, slowly making it's way to the beach, was a thick, misty fog. I've never ran away from something so fast. So...terrified.