Another Ambush-Melanie's POV

Brothers: New Journey's End (SEQUEL)

I heard a creaking sound as I slept and when I extended my arms I felt no one sleeping next to me. I opened my eyes to see GD standing up and looking out the window into the night sky. He looked puzzled so I sat up as well.

"Babe, it's late," I say, hoping that was enough to bring him back to bed.

"Taeyang's gone," He reveals. This gets me to share the same puzzled look as him.

"What do you mean gone?" I ask..

"He left," He explains. "He's been doing this for awhile now. He'll leave in the middle of the night, then come back.in the morning." I look out the window as well. Taeyang has always been closed up about his feelings, even when he was with Reimy.

"I'm sure he has his reasons," I say. Taeyang knows what he's doing, even if he doesn't necessarily shares his ideas with the rest of the group. I'm sure than whenever he's ready to tell us what's been going on, he will.

"You're right," He says, bringing me into his arms. He kisses the top of my head, but halfway through the action I can tell something's wrong. I look up to see panic in his eyes so I look out the window and gasp. There were so many zone planes entering the atmosphere, zone planes we both knew were filled with drones and soldiers alike. Alexander had found us...we were surronded. The same feeling that filled my chest when Celese had fallen returned, only much worse.

"We need to move!" GD told me. We ran out of the room, waking up Electra, Seungri, Jordan, Bom, and Daesung. We all suited up and ran outside the cabin, just as the helicopters showed up and started firing down their bullets at the town. Screams from the towns people erupted, causing us to take out our weapons and fire at the helicopters. Jordan transformed his arm into a rocket launcher, taking out two helicopters in one hit.

"We got soldiers!" Electra announces, sending of wave of electricity at the approaching group. They buckle down to their knees and GD turns to look at Bom.

"Do it!" He orders, getting into position. Bom nods her head and rushes the soldiers. Suddenly vines from in the ground lash out and wrap themselves tight around the soldiers. With nowhere the run, the soldiers just squirm in place as GD lights them all on fire. Drones are starting to show up but a flash appears before tow off them explode. Noah shows up in front of us, wires in his hand.

"What do you need?" He asks.

"Get the Council members," GD says. Noah nods his head and run in a flash into the council building.

"Melanie!" I whip around to see my mom running towards us with Luna.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"Changsuk and Minzy are getting overrunned," she says. "I don't think she can take them all!"

"I'll go!" Seungri says, taking off in the direction she came. A loud noise is heard throughout the sky and we all look up to see a giant zone plane, in it is Colonel Higgins, Farrah, Delilah...and Alexander. None of us have seen him since we fought him at his castle after he kidnapped Luna. His proper demeanor is terrifying, but not as much as the small ball of light in his hands. He throws it into the council's building.

"Look out!" Daesung yells. Everyone ducks as the entire building explodes, Noah and the council members inside completely annihilated. GD slowly gets up and turns to the others.

"Electra," GD says. "Get Luna out of here. Take Daesung and Soojin with you."

"You got it," she says, leaving with the other three.

"Jordan, Bom, I need you to keep Farrah, and Delilah distracted. Think you can do that?"

"We'll try," Bom says. Jordan turns his arms into two blades.

"That will pay for killing my brother," he hisses, walking away with Bom. GD looks at me.

"Go get Seungri and Minzy," He tells me. "I need you three to take out Higgins."

"What about you?"

"I'm going after Alexander," he says. I want to protest, but GD's the strongest one here, if he can't take him then it's useless to continue fighting this war. I grab him by his collar and pull him into a kiss.

"Come back to me," I tell him when we pull apart.

"Always." I watch as he leaves, then run the other way to find Seungri and Minzy. As I'm running, I notice ice every now and then, before I see large amounts of it next to destroyed houses. River's here. I turn a corner and gasp as I spot Dee's body on the ground with a giant ice spear sticking out of her chest. She must've tried to fight River off but wasn't strong enough. I hold back the tears, another friend gone. My legs continue to run until you spot Seungri and Minzy. Minzy is slouched over as Seungri stares at her in horror. I slowly jog up to them but Seungri turns around and stops me.

"Melanie don't!" He screams. I don't know what he's talking about at first, but when I look closer I see blood in Minzy's hands...and her father's corpse lying at her feet.

"What happened?" I ask in horror.

"River ambushed us, he almost got me when Changsuk saved me, but when he did Minzy almost died," He said. Just then Minzy looked up, her eyes full of hatred when she laid them on us.

"Ever since you two showed up, my parents act like I don't exist! Like I'm not their daughter anymore!" She spits. "So I decided to give them what they wanted." I watch in horror as a dark shadow starts to engulf Minzy.

"We need to go!" I shout, pulling Seungri up from the ground before running away from Minzy. It's too late to save the girl, she already commited the crime. She was turning into a Dark Celestrian.