Drones-Melanie's POV

Brothers: New Journey's End (SEQUEL)

"So they just gave you their blessing? Just like that?" Seungri asked. We had just gotten back from out meeting with the Council. Electra looked at Seungri and rolled her eyes.

"Quit acting like you didn't hear the entire conversation with your super ears," She said. Seungri's grin proved that her accusation wasn't wrong, which didn't surprise me. Thanks to his heightened sense, Seungri became quite the gossiper back at the house in Celeste. He knew about GD and I secretly dating, he knew about Taeyang and Reimy breaking up, he was even the first one to find out about Daesung and Helen having again.

"Anyways," GD said, looking at Soojin and Changsuk. "Tomorrow we're going to try a find a place to stay at."

"Are you sure?" Changsuk asked. "We have no problem with all of you staying here."

"Which we appreciate greatly," GD said. "But this tiny house can get really crowded. I think it''ll work best if we stay at our own place."

"Of course," Soojin said, smiling at him. "I can understand why you'd want your privacy." Her eyes glanced towards me for a brief moment. Really? Did she honestly think GD was just doing this so he could have his own room to have with me whenever he wants? Why can't he just want his new team to feel comfortable in their new environment? Not that the first suggestion could be wrong though...it had been awhile. My thoughts were interrupted by a soft beeping which seemed to start a chain reaction or more and more beepings.

"Well would you look at that," Electra said. She lifted up her bracelet, which showed there was drone activity. I looked down to see that my very own was beeping as well.

"How far?" GD asked. Electra pulled out her laptop and started typing fast on the keyboard.

"Nothing close enough for us to worry," She answered. "But the drones should still be handled though."

"Ok," GD said. "I'll take Melanie and my brothers-"

"Nope!" Electra interrupted. GD arched his eyebrow as he cast her a glance. "Take the newbies with you. They need to know what it's like to deal with these things."

"They don't have any training," GD argued. 

"This is the best training they can get," she responded.

"That's what you guys said when my brothers and I did our first mission and we almost died," He pointed out. It was true, it was my first mission too. We were just supposed to take out a few drones but we ran into Anastaysia, Dmitri, and Ken. If it weren't for the others showing up at the last minute, we would have for sure been killed. Electra let out a sigh.

"Fine take Melanie with you," she said. "If you two can't help the newbies then you might as well get killed." GD shook his head, but he was still smiling.

"Are you sure Celeste healed you?" he asked. "I feel like there's still Dark Celestrian blood in you."

"Ha ha," Electra said, not amused. Still smiling, GD took my hand and we walked out of the door. He brought the bracelet towards his mouth.

"Alright guys I need Bom, Dee, Noah, Minzy, and the twins to report to these coordinates right away to engage these drones," He said. We hadn't even made it to the the car when he was getting a reply from Noah.

"I'm here," he said. "Should I attack them?" 

"," GD mumbled. "I forgot the kid had speed."

"Better tell him to hide and wait for us," I said, getting in the passenger seat. Bom, Dee, and Jayden appeared and got in the car as well. Minzy and Jordan were on patrol so they would have taken the other car. GD started driving out of the town and was about to reply to Noah when he got another message from the boy.

"I'm in trouble!" His voice yelled. "They're after me!" GD's eyes grew as he pressed his foot on the gas pedal.

"Hang on, Noah!" He told him. "We'll get there!"

"We have to save him!" Dee cried. I turned around to soothe her as GD contacted the others.

"Jordan did you get Noah's message?" He asked.

"Yeah, we just got here!" Jordan yelled. "There's three wolf drones!" Wolf drones were Alexander's new upgrade on his drones, machines programmed to take out Celestrians. The wolf drones were a lot more faster and could definitely be more deadly. We finally drove up on the coordinates to see Jordan and Minzy taking on the wolves as a passed out Noah laid next to them. Before GD even parked I materialized through the door and ran towards Noah. I grabbed him, just as Jordan turned his arm into a giant ax and swung it at the nearest wolf drone. The machine dodged it but by that time the others were now in the fight as well. I grabbed Noah and passed him to Bom.

"Get him out of here," I told her. She nodded and carried the boy back to the car. I turned around to se that Dee hadn't moved from her spot. "Dee we need you!"

"I can't!" She cried, tears falling down to her cheeks as she shook her head and stepped back. I had no time to deal with her so I let her run back to the car to help GD, who was taking on a drone by himself. I grabbed a rock and tossed it at the machine, watching as it hit it's metal head. It turned and tried to attack, but I materialized through it just as GD destroyed it with his flames. We heard a loud noise, followed by the sound of metal crushing and looked to see that Minzy had got one with one of her shock waves. GD ran up to it and finished the job, turning that drone into nothing but scrap metal. There was one left and it was battling Jayden, who turned into a jaguar, as Jordan tried to sneak up behind with his ax. The drone got the upper hand and slammed Jayden into the ground.

"I got him!" Minzy yelled, getting ready to clap her hands. I realized she wasn't aiming and reached out for her.

"Minzy no!" Too late. The shock wave was launched, missing the drone and making an impact on Jordan, who was launched in the air before falling to the ground.

"Jordan!" Jayden yelled, already back in his human form as he rushed to his brother's side. The drone took the oportunity to retreat, taking off in the opposite direction. I was about to go after it when GD grabbed my hand.

"Let it," He said. I nodded and rushed with him to help Jordan. He sat up, clinging to his chest and coughing.

"Jordan, I'm so sorry!" Minzy said, running up to him as well.

"It's not your fault," GD said. "I shouldn't have let you all do this without proper training." I frowned and grabbed his hand. This was no one's fault, it was just really bad luck and lack of communication.

"Let's just get them out, ok?" I suggested. GD nodded and we helped Jordan back to the car before GD drove us all back to town.