Harsh Discoveries-Taeyang's POV.

Brothers: New Journey's End (SEQUEL)

As soon as Taeyang learned about what happened to River's family, he knew what he had to do. Like the night's before he waited until everyone was asleep, mainly Seungri who shut off his senses so he could sleep peacefully. When he was positive the boy was knocked out cold he would slip away and out of the house, making his way to the zone plane. A couple of nights a week he would make these trips to go see River. Ever since that night they had he's been visiting the other boy. He recognized River's route and would show up. His kiss somehow made the ice controlling him vanish momentarily. When it did, the two would either hook up again or just talk. River wasn't Reimy, but Taeyang did eventually grow to care for him. In the end he just felt bad knowing that this ice was somehow controlling him and now that he knew what happened to his family, he wanted to do something. It wasn't long before he made it to River's location. As soon as he got out of the plane he snuck up on the boy and kissed his lips, the ice disappearing instantly.

"Taeyang," He whispered. Taeyang smiled.

"No time to talk," He said. "Come on." He grabbed the other's hand and lead him to the zone plane. The trip was quick, he took them to where they first had , to the ghost town.

"Why'd you bring me here?" River asked.

"Because," Taeyang answered, turning of the plane's engine. "This is the town you were born and raised in."

"Really?" River asked, walking out of the zone plane and looking at the old buildings. "Is that why you found me here?"

"Yeah," he says. "I think something must have triggered your memory and brought you here." He stopped walking, making sure River did the same. In the lawn beside them were the rusted remains of a house. "This is where you lived." River looked at where his house once stood and walked over to it. Taeyang followed him, watching him as he walked through what would be the door and to a certain spot in the area. "Do you remember anything?"

"I think this was my room," River answered. "But besides that, no. What happened?" Taeyang looked down for a moment. He wasn't sure how much information he could tell River, since he was still technically the enemy.

"I don't know," He said, deciding to not only keep Luna's identity safe, but also hide the truth about what happened to his family. "It was probably an invasion."

"Invasion," River repeated, his face going blank. Taeyang recognized this look. During their time together Taeyang would accidently sometimes trigger a memory of RIver's while he was being controlled by the ice by saying a word. It was strange how he remembered too, he would just repeat the conversation leading up to the word that triggered the memory.

"What is it?" He asks. Then River went into his memory:

 

"The town was found sir, I'll have my troops ready to attack by sunrise."

"That's great news, Higgins, but I do wish to join you."

"Sir?"

"I have a strange feeling they're keeping that girl hidden in that town and I want her in my hands."

"We can send River after her?"

"No, I want the honor."

"Of course, sir. It would be a priveledge to have you join us in the invasion."

 

River gasped as the memory ended, his face showing panic as he turned to Taeyang. "Taeyang they found you!"

"What are you talking about?" He asked.

"Your town," River explained. "They found you're town and they're attacking tonight!" His eyes widedened as he realized how much danger his friends and family were in. He needed to leave. River seemed to pick up on this. "Just go, I'll figure my own way out." Taeyang nodded, cupping the boy's face to peck his lips momentarily before running to the zone plane. He had to hurry up. Sunrise started two hours ago.