War, Family, and Paris-Melanie's POV

Brothers: New Journey's End (SEQUEL)

I stared at the television screen as I laid across GD on the couch. He played with my hair as he watched as well. Nothing out of the ordinary seemed to be happening today, so everyone was pretty much having a day off. Across from us was Jordan, who had fallen asleep, and Bom. I snuggled my face deeper into GD's chest, inhaling his scent and all he did was laugh.

"That tickles," He says.

"I forgot you're tickilish," I teased, smiling at him. We went back to watching the screen when Daesung burst outs his room and quickly grabs his coat, Electra isn't too far behind him.

"Slow down, Dae!" She yells. "What's the rush?"

"The sooner we find that aritifact the better," He answers. Jordan wakes up from his nap as the rest of us get on our feet.

"What's going on?" GD asks. Electra shrugs her shoulders.

"Dae says he needs to find something," she says.

"An artifact," Daesung corrects, looking at GD. "I believe it used to belong to Celeste when she was alive, and that it will help Luna connect with he past life."

"Ok," GD said. "Where is it?"

"In the ancient city of Paris," He explains. I arch my eyebrow. Paris used to be one of the most famous cities pre-Alexandrian era, which also made it one of the first cities to fall during his reign. Most of the world's capitols supported Celeste and her kind, which was something Alexander could never forgive when he launched his attack.

"Alright," GD said, turning to Jordan and Bom. "You two can come with me and Electra. Melanie, I need you to stay here to tell the others we're gone."

"Of course," I say. It didn't bug me that I wasn't going. GD had mentioned earlier how he wanted to involve the new memebers more with the missions and Bom and Jordan were more than capable. They all took off after that and I went back to the living room to watch tv.

 

GD and the others didn't come back until later that night. Taeyang showed up with Luna and I told him what happened. We were about to get ready to look for them ourselves when we heard the zone plane enter the atmosphere. When they finally entered the room, Electra and Bom were helping Jordan limp into his room.

"What happened?" Taeyang asked.

"Drones," Electra answered. "We're fine though, we'll just be in the back to look at his foot." Daesung came in next with a small box in his hand, GD right behind him.

"Are you sure this is going to work?" GD asks.

"I'm ninety-seven percent positive," Daesung answers, walking towards Luna. "Luna, I think this belongs to you, will you wear it?" He opens the box and in the middle of it is a small ring with a pink diamond in the middle. Luna's face quickly lights up as he hand grabs it to place on her ring finger. As soon as the ring is properly in place, the entire room is into a vortex. I looked all around me as we were all surronded by a city in flames. At first I thought it was Celeste, but upon further inspection I realized it was Celeste's home town. People were running and screaming everywhere as these older version drones attacked everything in sight.

"This is when Alexander first created the drones," GD announced. "When he first took power." We all turned around to see Celeste running away from drones with River. She quickly turned around and blasted them away. When the machines were just scrap metal she turned to her friend.

"Are you ok?" she asked. River didn't look ok though. He seemed frantic and on the verge of tears. 

"Celeste, my family!" He screamed, tugging on her hand. "We have to find my family before Higgins goes after them!"

"Ok!" she says, running off with him. We all followed them, Taeyang the closest to them. We followed them to house just around the corner, and it was completely in flames.

"NO!!!!!!" River screamed, attempting to run towards the house but Celeste stopped him.

"River, it's too dangerous!" she shouts. There's in the front lawn and River gasps as he breaks away from Celeste to run to the severly injured woman.

"Mom!" He yells. "No, no, no, stay awake! Mom!" He keeps trying to shake the woman awake but it's clear she's gone. Celeste is next to him and pulls him into her shoulder, where he starts crying uncontrollably, his house burning next to him. I glance up at Taeyang, noticing how there's tears in his eyes. The memory is starting to phase away, just as a young Higgins appears.

"Celeste run!" River yells pushing her away. The last thing we all see is Higgins forming a blade out of the bone of his forearm and swiping it at River before we're all back in the living room. Electra runs back in as soon as we return.

"What happened?" she demands.

"He slaughtered them," Taeyang mumbles. "Alexander slaughtered River's entire family."

"Yet he still tried to portect her from Higgins," Daesung says.

"So why is he with Alexander now?" Melanie asks. Why was Celeste's best friend working with her murderer and with the murderer of his entire family?