ACES Info Page

ACES | SM Entertainment New Girl Group | Disbanded May 26, 2015

ACES (band)

 
 
ACES
Nine-Muses-image-nine-muses-36261450-184
One of ACES promoting trakcs 'Gone Not Around Any Longer' 
Background information
Also known as Aces
Origin SeoulSouth Korea
Genres K-popdance-pop
Years active 2014-2015
Labels SM Entertainment
 
Associated Acts SM TOWN, EXO,
 
 
Members Joo
Jiwon
 
Past members Makayla (Deceased)
Belle

ACES (Korean: 에이스, sometimes stylized as Aces) is a South Korean girl group under SM Entertainment. The group debuted in 2014 with the song "Domino Game" from the EP album, Spotlight. ACES name comes from all the members already in the entertainment industry and will soon conquer the KPOP world. 

History

2014: Debut stalled, official debut, Belle dating rumors, comeback, Joo on WGM, Makayla's upcoming surgery, Makayla's accident and passing, Belle leaving

SM Entertainment announced of ACES back in March and have kept uploading constant videos on their official internet accounts. ACES were supposed to debut in April, but was stalled due to MV problems and then the Seowl ferry incident as well. 

After quite some time, SM Entertainment announced of ACES debut to be set on May 15th. The girls official debuted on 'M! Countdown' with their EP album Spotlight, and the title track 'Domino Game'. Promotions were cut short after the Kris incident happened. 

After promotions for 'Domino Game' were cut, news spread of Belle and Tasty member Daeryong were dating, as spotted together for a date. SM Entertainment and Woollim Entertainment both confirm that the couple have been together for two years. 

In early June, SM Entertainment announced of ACES comeback in late June. At the same time, Joo would be on We Got Married with actor Lee Jong Suk. ACES made their comeback with their second EP album titled Loving U (with the title track being the same name).

ACES made great success with 'Loving U', as winning the triple crown with the song. But soon after, maknae Makayla received tragic news about her health. 

Makayla went on 'Immortal Songs 2' and SM Entertainment said she was complaining about breathing problems and many other things. The company found out she had vocal cord paralysis and was to undergo reinnervation surgery to fix the problem as soon as possible. That meant to return to China and not to be able to perform for the rest of promotions for 'Loving U' and unable to perform at all for SMTown Live World Tour IV. With that, ACES canceled the rest of their promotions of 'Loving U' to be with Makayla before she returned to China. So Makayla is inactive member for now.

On September 30th, SM Entertainment announced that Makayla had passed away eariler that day due to a car accident.

On October 12th, member Belle left a strange message which many people thought she would be leaving. On October 15th SM Entertainment confirmed that Belle was leaving ACES and that she would be transferring over to Woollim Entertainment to contiune on whatever she wants to do in the future. SM Entertainment did not reveal if ACES would disband or if new members will be added.

2015: Jiwon's interview, comeback, SMTOWN in Taiwan, 1st full album, disbandment

An interview that Jiwon did with 'K-Wave'  was very interesting on many different accounts. ACES is currently not promoting as a group but doing indivual activites.  Jiwon said herself a comeback for ACES is not anytime soon. She also metioned that Makayla, who passed away would have had a solo debut, as solo debuted are happening within SM Entertainment alone. She mentioned that Makayla would have debuted as a solo artist this year after f(x)'s Amber finished her solo promotions.

On February 25th, SM Entertainment annouced ACES would make a comeback as a duo in the middle of the year. It was also told that Joo and Jiwon would be writing and composing most of the songs within the album.

Joo and Jiwon performed as duo for the first time at 'SMTOWN: LIVE WORLD TOUR' in Taiwan and performed a track titled 'Crying' featuring f(x)'s Krystal and Red Velvet's Irene. This track would be in ACE's first full album. They also performed Trouble Maker's 'Now' with Super Junior's Eunhyuk and Donghae, SHINee's Taemin, and EXO's Kai.

Teasers for their comeback was released on April 24th, then on the 27th the tracklist was revealed and to be a full album titled 'Memories' and featuring many of the SM Entertainment artists. Joo and Jiwon pre-released and performed one of their tracks on 'Immortal Songs 2' and even won that weeks episode. The full episode was released on May 6th and they had their comeback stage on May 9th. They won with 'Gone Not Around Any Longer' on May 15th. They later acheived a all-kill with the same song. They also performed 'Crying', a track featuring Red Velvet's Irene and f(x)'s Krystal.

Sadly on May 26th, SM Entertainment said ACES will disband after one year together due to lack of members (after Makayla passed away and Belle left the group). But SM Entertainment and Joo & Jiwon said they left SM Entertainment without dispute and left it on good terms.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Members

Stage name Full name Date of birth+Positions
Romanized Hangul Romanized Hangul
- - - - -
Joo 파이팅 Han Jooyeon 한 파이팅 연 February 18, 1992 (age 23) *Backup Dancer
Main Dancer and Face Of Group
Jiwon 지 원​ Song Jiwon 송 지 원 December 26, 1992 (age 22) *Actress
Main Rapper and Second Face Of Group
- - - - -
         

-

Former Members

Stage name Full name Date of birth+Positions
Romanized Hangul Romanized Hangul
Makayla 마카 Xiao Fei Yi 샤오 페이 이순신마카  November 24, 1997 (age 16) *Model
Main Vocalist & Maknae
Belle
미인
Annabelle Shin 신 애나벨 September 8, 1989 (age 25) *Teacher
Leader, Triple Threat, Visual
-- --- --- -- --
- - - - -
- - - - -
- - - - -
- - - - -
- - - - -
- - - - -
* Makayla is deceased and was annouced on September 30, 2014 that she passed away eariler that day
* Belle left a few weeks after Makayla's death and transferred over to Woollim Entertainment
 

Discography (Korea)

 

Studio albums
  • Memories (2015)
EPs
  • Spotlight (2014)
  • Loving U (2014)
  • -
Singles albums
  • -
  • -
Digital singles
  • Friends (2014) [Belle, Joo, Jiwon]
  • -
  • -
  • -

Discography (Japan)

 

Studio albums
  • -
EPs
  • -
  • -
Singles albums
  • -
  • -
Digital singles
  • -
  • -
  • -

sa