Chapter 11: Recording And First Meeting

ACES | SM Entertainment New Girl Group | Disbanded May 26, 2015

Makayla returned from school in China, and that's when the girls were preparing for their July comeback. The girls were in the recording studio together and practicing the songs. 

"Ahh Makayla you have a solo!" Joo squealed happily as she looked through the music. Makayla looked shocked as she looked through the songs, "Whoa.." she then looked at Aces vocal teacher and recorder, "Your giving me a solo?" the vocal teacher nodded as she turned to the girls on the couch, "I talked to Lee Soo Man about it and he seemed fine with it. Duble Sidekick wrote it and actually mentioned for Aces main vocal to sing it." Makayla smiled wide and looked at her solo.

Their vocal teacher then looked at the music, "How about Belle go first for recording?" Belle nodded as she walked out of the room and into a room with a microphone. Belle pulled out the song which would be the girls music video song.

The girls of course went in order of birthday on who records songs. Belle, Joo, Jiwon, and then Makayla. Every ones parts went by a little faster than Makayla, since she had a solo, and since she is the main vocal. What seemed like the whole day the girls finished recording their new album. Their vocal teacher was giving them advice on how to make their voices better, "Also girls your dance choreographer told me you girls will start learning the moves first thing tomorrow. That's it from me." the girls bowed and walked outside the recording studio.

"Man it seems we didn't have a break did we? With finishing promotion time for 'Domino Game' and all." said Jiwon. Belle was leading the way out, "But its something we have to do in order to keep our fans coming back for more.. if that makes sense." Joo sighed, "And learning choreo tomorrow just when we finished recording the songs. Then we have two weeks to learn it." she put her head down. Makayla looked at her unnies and smiled to herself. 

When the girls got into the fan they greeted Manager J, and she greeted back. Manager J smiled, "Well I heard you girls don't have much time to learn choreo." all the girls nodded. Manager J smiled, "Well you girls will do great and work hard tomorrow." Belle smiled, "Thanks Jieun unnie. We should get home so we can eat and rest up." 

Manager J nodded, "Of course but I have something for Joo today." all the girls looked with interest. Joo pointed to herself, "What's there for me J unnie?" Manager J gave her an envelope. Belle looked from her seat in the back to try and see Joo open the envelope. Makayla being in the middle in the back seat leaned over to see Joo opened it. Makayla tapped Joo's shoulder excitedly, "Unnie its WGM!!"

That caught Jiwon's interest right away as she leaned over to read the paper, even Belle turned in her seat as the car drove.

"Hello Joo of ACES, we are here to inform and congratulate you on becoming part of the WGM family.
Your husband will be kept a secret till you get to your destination(which will not be said either). We hope
you enjoy your married life with your husband and congrats yet again."

Makayla clapped, "Congrats unnie!" Belle nodded, "Yes congrats."

Joo smiled and blushed, "Thank you. J unnie do you know where to go?" Manager J nodded, "Yes I do but I can't say where your being dropped off." Joo pouted. Jiwon smiled, "It makes it exciting though." the girls talked and talked till they arrive at the location.

Manager J suddenly stopped their car in front of the KBS building, she smiled, "Okay this is your stop Joo."

Joo pointed to herself, "Really? I'm going by myself?" Manager J nodded. Jiwon patted her friend's shoulder, "You'll do fine Joo. Fighting." Makayla and Belle shouted fighting as well, as Joo got out of the car. Manager J smiled, "Your husband's manager will drop you off at the dorm later okay? Joo nodded as the car drove off.

Joo walked into the KBS building, not knowing what to expect. A camera followed her as she walked inside and put her things down. Joo looked around to try and find her "husband". She couldn't think of anybody around her so she sat down and went on her phone. But what she didn't know is that someone was approaching her from behind. 

The person tapped her shoulders and Joo looked behind her. She got up right away and bowed, "Hello." it was Lee Jong Suk. Lee Jong Suk bowed back, "Hello Joo." the couple didn't know what to do after that. The MCs of the show complained how they are so awkward. Joo got her things, "I heard your manager is supposed to drop me off at my dorm later on tonight?" Lee Jong Suk nodded, "Yup. Here let me help you." he helped carried some of her things. Joo hid her blush as they walked to his car.


Interview: Lee Jong Suk

Q. What did you think of Joo?

Lee Jong Suk sat up straight, "She's pretty. And she looked gentle and shy when we first met."

Interview with Joo

​Q. What did you think of Lee Jong Suk?

Joo looked up for a moment and smiled, "I thought he was handsome." she covered her blushed face and nodded.


It was a little awkward in the car ride to a BBQ restaurant. Lee Jong Suk turns his body, "I heard your group is doing a comeback in July and filming the MV soon." Joo turned her body to and nodded, "We recorded our new mini album today and planning to practice the dance moves starting tomorrow and master it within two weeks." 

Lee Jong Suk eyes turned wide, "Really? Two weeks? Isn't that to short amount of time?" 

Joo shook her head, "No its not to short. I mean its more pressure, but we have to learn it fast because Jiwon can't miss her acting since she has the lead role, Makayla is still in school so we have to come back for that, and we have a tight schedule afterwards." Lee Jong Suk nodded, "Whoa and I thought I had a hard schedule with just acting." they kept talking and had a good time at the BBQ restaurant. 

Lee Jong Suk's manager stopped in front of Aces dorm. Joo bowed to his manager and bowed to Lee Jong Suk, "I had a great time today." Lee Jong Suk nodded, "Me to. So I'll see you in two weeks?" Joo nodded. He waved goodbye and the car drove away.