Chapter 15: Injured Maknae?

ACES | SM Entertainment New Girl Group | Disbanded May 26, 2015

Promotions were coming to an end for the girls of ACES and maknae Makayla was preparing for another stage on 'Immortal Songs 2'. The unnies; Belle, Jiwon, and Joo; along with Jong Suk were going to visit Makayla before the show officially started.

Belle was driving everyone there and of course they got there safe and sound. 

Jiwon looked at the 'Immortal Songs 2' building with a smile, "Its been how long since we came back here for Makayla's first performance?" 

Joo came with Jong Suk right behind her, "A month? Two maybe?" Jiwon nodded, "Its been that long huh?" 

Belle came right by Jiwon, "Time flies. I mean we just debuted in May but, it feels like yesterday doesn't it?"  the other two girls nodded. Jong Suk looked shocked, "Its been almost two months since you debuted already?" Joo nodded, "Fast huh oppa?" Jong Suk nodded. 

They all made their way inside the building to meet up with Manager J and Makayla. Joo looked down at the flowers she had, "I hope Makayla likes these flowers me and oppa picked out today."

"I'm sure she will Joo." said Jiwon. Belle agreed with Jiwon, "Besides I wouldn't see why a girl wouldn't like flowers, especially Makayla." they kept looking for Makayla or Manager J for the longest time, but couldn't find either of them. 

Then Moon Hee-Joon himself came up to them, "You must be members of Aces correct? And hello Lee Jong Suk." Jong Suk bowed. Belle came and bowed, "Yes we are. I'm the leader of Aces Belle." 

Hee-Joon bowed, "Your manager told me to inform you girls that Makayla is in the hospital right now." everyone had wide eyes and dropped mouths. Jiwon asked first, "Wait why?" Joo nodded, "Why is our maknae in the hospital?" 

Belle calmed the girls down first before turning to Hee-Joon, "Is it something serious?" 

Hee-Joon shrugged, "I don't know. The only thing we knew is that she was complaining about having a hard time breathing, she was coughing, and she didn't eat all day, from what I've heard."

Joo gulped, "When did they leave for the hospital?" 

Hee-Joon, "About a hour ago. your manager was call me or one of you as soon as they got results from the hospital about what's wrong." the girls nodded. Jong Suk bowed to Hee-Joon, "Thank you hyung for telling us." Hee-Joon bowed a little less lower and left them. 

*******************

The girls and Jong Suk waited backstage for hours as singer after singer did a practice stage before the real thing. Manager J hasn't contacted either Hee-Joon or any of them. 

Just then when it felt like years past by, Manager J called Belle's phone. Belle of course picked it up and answered, "Hello? Jieun unnie?" 

The others gathered around Belle to try and listen to the conversation. Belle sighed and looked depressed as she was ending the call, "Alright J unnie. Thank you for updating us." she put her phone down. 

Jiwon went right by Belle's knees, "So what did J unnie say Belle unnie?" Joo nodded and went closer to Belle, "Is our maknae okay?" 

Belle sighed and looked at all of them, "Makayla has vocal cord paralysis." that made the whole room freeze. Belle went on, "The doctor checked and Makayla has inflammation in her vocal cords. Manager J said she'll still perform on 'Immortal Songs 2' but, what happens after that will need to be discussed." the members and Jong Suk gave a sad look but agreed to that. 

********************

Makayla tired to greet her unnies with a smile and to tell she was okay and it wasn't to bad, but they weren't convinced so easily and tried to get Makayla not to perform today. But the stubborn maknae said she would anyway, but Makayla managed to finish her performance smoothly as well as the rest of the recording. She didn't win but, she was proud of her performance, despite being in pain afterwards.