EXO: CHANYEOL

Rambles & Drabbles
Knowing

The gentle brush of breath caused my eyes to flutter open and I was met with sharp deep brown eyes.

His breath formed my name again, a caress of sorts which allowed me to open my mouth in return, “yes, Chanyeol?”

“Will you sing it to me again? Please?”

I gulped, but obliged. Rising from the wooden floor of the empty classroom into a sitting position, I glanced at the man. The man who remained lying on the cold surface, his open features taking on a childish hue.

I sighed and began singing for him. As my voice surrounded every surface of the place, his eyes fluttered shut and a small smile graced his lips.

He always acted so surprised when he found out how many talents I held. He always questioned if there was anything I couldn’t do, and made it his job to ask me to do random things, just to see if I could do them.

I hadn’t disappointed him yet.

There’s beauty in release. There’s no one left to please, but you and me,” I sang, still staring at the handsome man who I once believed held my heart.

For an inkling of a second, I wanted to lean back down, rest my head on his chest, ear to his body, and sing along to the beat of his heart, but that was not allowed. So instead, I closed my eyes and continued on with the lullaby, hoping to lull him to unconsciousness so that I could leave.

Chanyeol never allowed me to take the easy route.

I sang until there was no more of the song to reveal, and once the last word left my lips and echoed off the walls, he wrapped his fingers around my wrist and squeezed it gently, “you have an amazing voice.”

I rolled my eyes, “it’s alright. Nowhere as good as that Kyungsoo fellas.”

“You two would complement each other well. Junmyeon could play for you guys,” a slight smile appeared on his face. “It would be brilliant.”

Brilliant.

That was something Suho was, not I. But I could admit, that if he were involved, I would shine a bit brighter, if only for a moment.

“You’re sleep talking,” I dismissed. I gently pulled myself out of his grasp and lifted myself up onto my feet. “I’ll see you later.”

“I’ll think of something else for you to do. Tap dancing maybe?” His joked. His smile widened when he saw my eyes widen with horror. “Definitely tap dancing.”

I left the room, left Chanyeol in there, and walked to the place Suho had asked me to be at nearly fifteen minutes ago.

 

“Look who decided to finally grace us with her presence,” Suho’s friend, Baekhyun, practically yelled as I slid into the booth within the small cafeteria.

“What took you so long?” Suho asked from across me, his voice quiet as he searched me to see if I were alright.

“Just talking to Professor Park for a brief moment. He wants us to take his jam session class. I told him I’d ask you first.”

Suho’s eyebrow rose, but his eyes darkened. He knew all about Chanyeol of course, and probably pieced together that the two of us didn’t mention anything school related.

Baekhyun, on the other hand, was extremely clueless, “what kind of class is that? It sounds like a royal headache.”

I nodded in agreement, “hence my reluctance, Oppa.”

He smirked at me and the boy beside me, Sehun, threw a chip at my head.

“Ow,” I muttered, rubbing the salt off my head.

“Don’t call him that,” he grumbled, staring at his food. “It makes him cocky.”

“I don’t think he needs to be called ‘oppa’ to become cocky,” my roommate and best girlfriend, Yina, slid in beside me. She locked eyes with Baekhyun and continued, “He was born that way.”

The table became an uproar as everyone started talking at once.


I'm writing a Kai fanfic, yet I went off on a tangent and wrote this. I realized it was irrelevent to the plot, but I really like it, so here ya go