EXO: CHANYEOL

Rambles & Drabbles

Smells

If there is one thing you find difficult in your relationship with your fiancé, Park Chanyeol, it’s the fact you can’t hide anything from him. He can sniff the truth out better than any hound, which makes sense with him being a werewolf.

That being said, it never stops you from trying.

Chanyeol knows something is amiss the moment he spots you scurrying out of your shared bedroom. The door slamming so hard it causes him to wince as you hurry to greet him with a nervous smile on your face.

Yes. Nerves. They vibrate anxiously around your small frame, reeking of slight fear and apprehension.

He narrows his eyes suspiciously and the action causes your smile to stretch further, thus causing his suspicion to do the same.

“Baby!” You begin in a sickly-sweet voice. “You’re home early.”

“Yeah….” Chanyeol scans your body while sniffing the air, but doesn’t register anything too out of the ordinary. At the very least, nothing to cause worry. “The rain started coming down harder than forecasted, so we decided to cut the run short.”

You take in his damp hair and the water droplets still sliding off his leather jacket. “I bet you’re hungry.”

“Are you alright?” He asks as he trails you to the kitchen where you had set up lunch. You nod affirmatively, not trusting your voice as you sit across from him at your tiny wooden dining table. You merely watch him as he digs in greedily. The shift burns a lot of calories, leaving werewolves starved afterwards. You’re thankful you planned such an enormous meal, it will sweeten him up a bit.

“So….” You begin off handedly. His chewing slows down as he peeks up at you from under his brows, head still facing down towards his plate. “I’ve been thinking….”

There’s a brief silence as he swallows his food before sitting upright, giving you his undivided attention. “You have, huh?”

“I want a pet,” you let out in a rush. His eyebrows fly up to his hairline in surprise. That isn’t what he had been expecting your confession to be.

“But you have me,” he replies instantly, pouting childishly. This causes you to laugh breathlessly, bringing down your nerves considerably.

“I do and I love you, but you’re gone a lot. Also, I wasn’t really thinking about a dog….”

Something then catches his attention. He knew there was something wrong with the air, but it isn’t until the topic of conversation arises that he realizes just why. He grins knowingly, nodding his head as if he heard a good joke. “Seems to me you already got one.”

Your eyes widen in alarm before you curse under your breath. “Damn your super nose!”

He laughs as you bounce out of your seat, sprinting to the bedroom before coming back with a gangly grey cat in your arms.

The cat is just as wet as Chanyeol’s hair and seems a bit annoyed, although rather content in your arms.

“He followed me home this morning!” You exclaim excitedly. “It started raining and I just couldn’t leave him there!” You frown down at the cat, although your eyes shine with adoration.

Chanyeol’s first instinct is to decline. A cat? He never pictured himself with one, especially since he is a werewolf, but watching you interact with the small creature melts his heart. He has such an extreme soft spot for you and can never bring himself to say no.

He sighs before giving in. “Fine. We can keep him.”

You cheer before running over to him for an embrace. He stands to meet you in the middle, but as you near the cat startles, flying out of your arms with a loud yelp before dashing out of the room with his fur straight up, scratching you in the process.

“What was that for?” Chanyeol asks, disappointment lacing his voice. He loves animals and getting rejected by one hurts.

“Well,” you begin, chuckling as you go to comfort your fiancé. “You smell like a wet dog.”

“That certainly won’t do,” he says as he kisses the top of your head, a smirk growing as an idea pops in his mind. “Do you want to help me get rid of the smell?”

©layzhang-s.tumblr