EXO: BAEKHYUN

Rambles & Drabbles

Nostalgia

"Hey, look, Soomin! The first flower of spring!" Baelhyun said excitedly, running to yank the yellow plant away from its home on the ground to stare at it with wonder.

I rolled my eyes and laughed at the boy, “that’s not a flower, Baeks, that’s a weed.”

Baekhyun stared at me with shock and then back at the dandelion in his grasp, “but...but it’s so pretty.”

I simply shrugged, watching him intently as he pondered over what to do. Finally he shrugged and marched over to where I was leaning on a tree. He leaned in close, too close, and slid the plant over my ear, tucking my hair back so that he could see the stark contrast of the yellow against my skin.

“It’s beautiful,” he murmured, his dark eyes scanning my face. I gulped as he smiled faintly, still a little too close for comfort. “Regardless of what others my think. It’s still beautiful.”

“Soomin! Soo-min!” My best friend Ana coos, trying to bring me back into the present.

I blink and look up at her and she laughs, “Daydreaming again, huh?”

I sigh and sink deeper into the grass. It was the beginning of spring, and the two of us decided after our last class ended to head over to the fields and enjoy the rejuvenating air. “I can’t help it. This time of year always makes me so nostalgic.”

She nods understandably and faces ahead of herself, watching the tall grass bend in the cool breeze and studying the horizon, where the green of the grass met the blue of the sky.

This weather always reminds me of him—my best friend and current superstar, Byun Baekhyun. For the past couple years, Baekhyun was living the life as a celebrity, being in one of the biggest bands of the decade, EXO. Since his debut, I haven’t seen much of him, but he’s always a part of me.