EXO: KAI

Rambles & Drabbles

Eggs

It is unfortunate, really, how much of a failure you are.

Make those two failures, because your boyfriend is just as at fault as you.

All you can think about is the fact that you had one job. One. It was a very simple task, hence why you were given it in the first place and yet….

You stand on the edge of the porch leading to the massive backyard of your cousin’s home, watching your impending doom unfold as at least seven kids under the age of nine search around the yard for eggs you should have hid four hours ago, but got caught up (in all that was your fire hot boyfriend, Kim Jongin, so you can’t really be blamed) and managed to forget. 

You gnawed on your bottom lip as you scan the group of parents beside you, also enjoying the show the kids are putting on.

What have you done?

Your phone rings and you pick it up without glancing at the I.D., knowing exactly who it is.

“So?” You ask, cutting straight to the point.

He sighs. “The store ran out of Easter eggs.”

“What?” You shout, gaining the attention of the adults. You bow apologetically, taking your call further away so that no one could overhear. “Jongin, you can’t be serious.”

“I’m sorry, Honey. I’ve checked five different stores and they’re all empty. For some odd reason, none of them even have real ones!”

You pinch the bridge of your nose stressfully.

“How’s it looking over on your end?” He asks. You check behind you to see that some of the parents are starting to grow suspicious, a couple of them even going out to help the poor things in their quest to find the colorful eggs.

“Not very good. I probably have five minutes before questions start getting asked.” You sigh, slumping into a chair. “I’m too sober for this.”

“Fear not,” Jongin begins and you can hear his grin. “I just pulled up. Sneak through the house while everyone is distracted.”

“You’re my hero,” you praise. Wasting no more time, you run through the house, snatching a hidden unopened bottle of vodka on your way out.

Jongin is idling in the driveway and you stealthy slip in, the both of you taking off with a screech.

“I can’t believe we ruined Easter,” you say after driving in a shameful silence.

He shrugs. “It’s a great metaphor of life, don’t you think? Aren’t we all just wandering around? Searching for eggs that don’t exist?”

You nod. “That’s deep, Babe.”

He grins. “I know. Also, I hope you’re sharing that vodka, cause once your cousin calls and bans us from all further holidays, we’re going to need all the liquor we can get.”

“I’ll drink to that,” you say, popping the top and taking a huge swig straight from the bottle.

©kaibility.tumblr