EXO: XIUMIN

Rambles & Drabbles

Plus One

You woke up in an unfamiliar bed early that morning. Glancing around, the last twenty-four hours replayed in your head, catching you up to where you were now. With a yawn, you peeked over the edge of the bed, spotting a bundle of blankets on the floor, a soft buzz of snores came from within them.

You threw a pillow at the pile, the noise pausing instantly as your best friend, Kim Minseok, poked his head out.

“It’s the big day,” you informed, watching him as he slowly sat up and sighed.

“Okay,” was his reply. He got up and headed straight to the shower of your shared hotel room.

You tried not to stare at his shirtless back as he left.

~*~

It was the day of Minseok’s cousin and life rival, Kim Junmyeon’s wedding. As much as he loved Junmyeon, he could admit how his marriage was a low blow for him. It was another thing Junmyeon won, another thing that made him better in the rest of the family’s eyes and the last thing Minseok needed was to arrive dateless.

Thus, brings in you.

You had been his best friend for over ten years now. Nobody knew him better and there was no one else he’d rather have pretend to be his girlfriend.

You declined his offer immediately, but he was such a persistent person. It took an entire week of coaxing, begging, and bribing you with free food before you finally gave in on one condition.

You were showered, finishing your hair and makeup when you spotted Minseok standing behind you in the vanity mirror, gazing at you with a strange expression. Yesterday went well in his eyes, everyone you met believed the two of you were in love; you just had to continue the act for one more day. It was a lot harder than you thought it would be, but also scarily easy. 

He cleared his throat after locking eyes with you and then straightened his shoulders. “So, I know how our deal works. But, I saw this and thought it would look perfect on you.”

He held up a beautiful shimmering emerald gown, it was ostentatious and expensive and you hated it.

“I’m not wearing a dress,” you declined. “That was the deal. I’d pretend to be your girlfriend as long as I didn’t have to wear one.”

You were a tomboy through and through. You hated anything frilly—skirts and dresses included—hell, you only wore sports bras! Minseok knew this, knew your dislike for certain garments, and yet….

“Please,” he asked, pouting with sparkling wide eyes. You wanted to look away before you fell for it, but his gaze had you trapped. “For me.”

~*~

The material of the dress left you itchy as you stumbled into the hotel room much, much later that night with Minseok at your heels. The wedding was beautiful and amazing and left you yearning for the man beside you in a way you thought you could ignore, but proved difficult this entire trip.

Let’s just say, it wasn’t hard to pretend to be in love with him when you have been for the past six years.

What was hard about it all was having himpretend. He made it feel so real, made you question whether or not he genuinely felt the same way. It had been eating away at you since you arrived at the hotel when he held your hand tightly. Consuming you with the way he would hold you firmly against himself whenever you were in the presence of his family. 

The weekend was everything you ever fantasized about, but that was just it.

It was only a fantasy.

This thought pushed you into drinking way more champagne than planned, and you were decidedly trashed. Intoxicated beyond repair.

Luckily, Minseok was the same. The two of you staggering back to your room so that you could change and go to bed.

You stood in the middle of the suite, watching Minseok as he wobbled along to the bathroom, taking off his shoes, jacket, and tie on the way. You pouted with disappointment. That suit looked stellar on him, made him look like a million bucks.

Made him look y.

With him gone, you took the time to try to get the restricting fabric off of you, but couldn’t reach the zipper.

“Need help?” Minseok asked, causing you to freeze. You met his gaze from across the room. He had the sleeves of his shirt folded up, exposing his toned arms, his hair was still slicked back, making his facial features appear sharper in the most tantalizing way. Did he have any idea what he did to you?

“Do you?” He asked and you blinked. Had you said that out loud? He took a step towards you, as deliberate as a cat on the hunt. “Have any idea what you do to me?”

“Minseok….” You couldn’t quite comprehend what he was saying. The room was spinning and you felt dizzy.

His hands were suddenly on you, on your hips holding you steady and your world finally stilled, him anchoring you in place. 

“You look so beautiful in that dress,” he murmured, eyes hungrily taking in your frame. “I know how much you didn’t want to wear it, but I’m glad you did. Some of the guests there were more focused on your beauty than the bride’s.”

“Is that why you made me wear it?” You questioned, the urge to run your hands over his firm chest was strong. “To outshine the bride? To have one more victory over Junmyeon?”

“No,” he breathed, moving his head lower until your noses brushed. “I did it to make everyone else jealous, because you were at my side, and not theirs.”

“And why would you want to do that?” You asked, holding your breath from anticipation.

“Isn’t it obvious?” He replied. His hands lowering a little more, fingertips teasing your body, leaving small sparks of fire in their wake. “We make a great pair, don’t we?”

You nodded, unable to speak at this point. The tension in the air was thick, the want between the both of you so strong you could nearly smell it.

So maybe he did feel the same way.

“Now,” he growled. He was going to be in charge now, and you were willing to be his sub for the rest of the night. “Do you want this dress off or not?”

“I do,” you nearly whimpered.

He smirked and you gulped as he played with the zipper of your dress, yanking it down a little bit. “Then tell me you need me.”

©leetaeyong.tumblr