EXO: BAEKHYUN

Rambles & Drabbles

Nightmare

You slowly awoke to find yourself in complete darkness. A hand was on your shoulder, gently shaking you out of your slumber.

You turned around to face the culprit, still half asleep as your eyes struggled to adjust to the lack of light so that you could see him clearly. Once you found the shadows of his eyes, you sobered instantly, sleep leaving you as quickly as it came. 

“Baekhyun?” You murmured with concern, voice still scratchy from sleep. “What is it? What’s wrong?”

“I had a bad dream again,” he admitted. The signs were still lingering on his face. A sheen of sweat reflected off his forehead from the moon peeking though the window and fear swam in his out of focused pupils as he relived the false memory.

His words made your heart drop. Baekhyun had been really stressed the past few weeks. He had been taking on more work than ever before and the pressure was weighing him down when he tried to get what little rest he could, creating horribly vivid incarnations of his biggest fears.

His worst fear being you leaving him.

“What was it this time?” You asked, both of you speaking in a low whisper.

He took a deep shaky breath, closing his eyes. “The same as last. You couldn’t stand me anymore. Didn’t want to be with me. And the hate in your eyes when you looked at me….” He shook his head. “No matter how much I begged, you were done with me.”

“You know I could never do that right?” You questioned. “You know that I love you so much that it’s almost painful, right? I can’t even humor the thought of leaving you.”

“But what if I get too busy for you?” He asked forlornly. 

You cupped his face. “Then I’ll wait. Because you are worth the wait, Love.” You leaned forward, kissing him reassuringly. The need to prove your unfailing love was strong, pushing the rest of the drowsiness you had been feeling away and allowing you to submerge your senses fully into all that was Baekhyun.

The kiss grew more urgent as he fell onto his back, pulling you over him and shoving his tongue into your mouth, caressing your own with it. You pulled away before the pair of you got too carried away, attempting to regain your breath.

“No,” he protested with a gasp. “I don’t want you to stop.”

“Stop what?” You asked in a teasing tone. You couldn’t help it with the way he was growing restless beneath you; it didn’t take away from the seriousness of the situation. “Kissing you or loving you?”

He swallowed thickly as he got lost in your eyes, his own revealing the depth of his affection.

Once he did speak again, his voice was deep and raspy. “Both.”

Satisfied with his answer, you rewarded him by leaning in again, proceeding to show him the extent of your love.

©hyunniebaeked.tumblr