EXO: KYUNGSOO

Rambles & Drabbles

Predicament

How did you get yourself into this predicament? Why were you so damn selfish?

The hatred you felt towards yourself was heavy, weighing down on your shoulders like boulders. You sat on top of the bed, tears steadily streaming down your face as he knelt in front of you, eyes wide in earnest as he took in your broken form.

“What can I do?” You practically begged between heavy gasps. “I don’t know what to do.”

“Tell me you need me,” he suggested. His voice was as low and deep as ever, though strained with the effort to keep his emotions at bay. He needed to stay strong for the both of you. “Tell me to stay.”

You both watched each other carefully, you fighting to spit out the words he so desperately wanted to hear. He wanted to be yours officially and yours alone, tired of this toxic game you both had been playing for months now. The toll it was taking on the two of you had led to this moment and all the pain being felt in this room could vanish with just a couple simple words. Yet, if felt as if you were cursed, as if you were forbidden to reciprocate any true affection towards the man, for the words stuck in your throat. You groaned with frustration. 

“Kyungsoo… you know I can’t.” A fresh batch of tears burned at your throat as his face fell slightly. He was quick to mask his disappointment as you glanced at the one thing stopping you from making Kyungsoo the happiest man alive—the tan line on the base of your left ring finger.

He swallowed loud enough for you to hear and placed his hands on your thighs, needing to touch you, to have any form of contact to remind him that you were real. “Then nothing can be done.”

His words sounded final and cut a chord in you and you were sobbing again. He must have known how this was destroying you also, that you never intended to let things get so out of hand.

He must have because next thing you knew, his broad figure wrapped around you, as comforting and secure as your favorite blanket. Your head fell naturally onto his chest, the angles sliding into place with his as perfect as a puzzle piece. You stayed in this position for an immeasurable amount of time, mourning for your relationship in his arms, too overcome with loss to feel his own tears fall onto the crown of your head.

©kyungso.tumblr