EXO: BAEKHYUN

Rambles & Drabbles

Baby

You were in the kitchen preparing dinner for you and your love when the front door squeaked open. You heard familiar feet shuffle around until one made contact with a chair or something, causing him to curse under his breath.

“Are you alright?” You called from your current position in front of the stove. He was silent for a beat before stuttering an, ‘I’m okay’.

“Are you sure?” You asked. He hesitated again before making his way towards you. Feeling this, you turned your head to see him leaning against the entrance, head lowered as he absentmindedly played with a magnet on the fridge. “What’s the matter, Baekhyun?”

Your boyfriend glanced up at the sound of his name and guilt was written all over his face. Concern flooded you and you quickly rushed towards him, cupping his cheeks. “What? What is it?”

He shook his head. “You’re gonna hate me.”

“I could never hate you, Baekhyun,” you assured, rubbing your thumbs over his cheeks.

“You promise?”

“I promise.”

“Okay so…I might of… there is a high possibility that….”

“Baekhyun,” you barked.

“I lost our baby!” He spit out in a rush.

You blinked blankly before your hands slid off his face. He snatched your wrists, holding the tips of your fingers against his jaw.

“You…you lost our baby?” You repeated, not fully comprehending the situation.

“I, well, I had today off, as you know, and decided to take him out for a ride. I went downtown to shop for a bit, but I forgot to wear a mask and a crowd of girls found me and started chasing after me! I lost him while I was running for my life! Once I ditched the girls, I circled back but he wasn’t where I left him! I know it probably won’t make you feel any better, but I just want you to know that I spent the last two hours trying to find his whereabouts and nothing! Honey, I’m so sorry!”

You were so lost in thought it sounded like he was speaking underwater. Your precious baby, Mongryong, was a 1969 cherry red Corvette that you had acquired from your grandfather after he passed. You spend the past year and a half fixing it up and running because he had neglected it to rust. And yes, you named it after Baekhyun’s dog because it was tiny and full of energy just like the cute animal. Baekhyun was slightly more obsessed with the vehicle than you, taking it out for joyrides constantly, and you didn’t mind because he had a hand at fixing it as well. That car belonged to the both of you and it was missing.

Now wasn’t the time to cry. You had to be strong. Baekhyun was freaking out, his eyes watering as he recounted the past few hours and you felt sorry for shutting down on him.

“It’ll be alright,” you said, stopping his monologue. “I know it was an accident. We can call the tow companies around the area you were again and if all else fails, it’s just a car.”

“It’s not just a car, Love.” He sniffed. “It’s a classic sports car that was handed down to you from your grandfather who practically raised you. Not to mention all the time and effort you put to get it to run again. I feel like .”

“Don’t,” you ordered. “Nothing is more important to me than your health. I’m just glad you’re okay.”

“You sure?” He asked, lifting one of your hands to place a tender kiss on it.

“I’m sure. Now let’s eat, foods getting cold. Tomorrow we can search for our baby.”

“Thank you,” you said vehemently, pulling you into a hug and kissing your forehead.

©byunvoyage.tumblr