EXO: CHEN

Rambles & Drabbles

Punches

You are caught by surprise when you enter your home to see Kim Jongdae sitting in a recliner shroud in darkness. He doesn’t even flinch when you flick on the living room light, doesn’t seem to register the drastic change as he sits on the edge of the chair, hands dangling from his lap, staring unseeingly before him.

A gasp leaves you as you notice the bruises on his face, one of his eyes are beginning to swell shut and blood spills from his nose, dripping off his chin.

He turns at the sound, finally being brought back to reality, although he blinks up at you blankly and it appears as if he doesn’t even know who you are.

“You’re bleeding all over my carpet,” is all you are able to muster though your shock, sarcasm the easiest defense mechanism.

He huffs a laugh at that, and your stomach drops at the sound. He isn’t acting like his usual upbeat self and it makes you nervous.

“I ran into Sehun earlier,” he informs, voice gruff with irritation. You gulp at the confession, beginning to piece things together.

“Oh?” You say, slowly making your way over to sit across from him.

“He wasn’t too happy to see me,” he continues, taking a deep breath before leaning back against the chair and closing his eyes.

“Did he do that to your face?” You ask in a whisper, wanting so badly to caress his wounds.

“What do you think?” He snaps and you frown at his tone. “I find his presence triggering, I’m sure you know, and might have said some things about you he didn’t seem to like so much, leading him to punch me in the face. We started fighting until we were dragged apart by our friends, getting kicked out of the bar in the process.” He rubs his forehead. “I thought you ended things with him.”

“I was!” You defend yourself quickly. He scoffs as a reply, rolling his eyes. “I swear, Jongdae, I was! But it’s not that simple! It never is with him!”

“No!” He counters. “It never is with you! Is this what you wanted all along? Hm? For us to literally fight over you? Do you get pleasure watching us grow more resentful towards each other? A sick satisfaction seeing me like this knowing that it’s because of him!?”

“I don’t!” You screech. “I didn’t mean for things to get this complicated! Neither one of you were meant to be serious, Jongdae! We were all friends and we all agreed to keep things as casual as possible!”

“But you knew from the beginning that it would end up this way!” He shouts, pinning you to your seat from his voice alone. His face is a deep red from anguish and you can see the veins in his neck and temples throb from fury. “You’ve now ruined three great relationships because you couldn’t decide which one of us you preferred ing more!”

His words are like punches, leaving you sobbing. For a moment all that can be heard is your wails and his ragged breathing, but after some time, you both calm down, too exhausted too continue falling apart.

“The worst part,” he beings in a broken whisper. “Is that I still want you. ! I’ll fight for you until the end because I’m that crazy in love with you.”

You sniff, eyes swimming as you take in the pure adoration that shines from his eyes. “Do you really mean that?” You ask, in awe that despite everything you have dragged him through, he is still willing to endure more if it means having you in the end.

He nods before his eyes darken and a strange sadistic expression shifts his features briefly.

“I don’t know how much more Sehun can take though,” he muses. “He’s more sensitive then me, as you know, more caring in that sense. It’s his fragility that leads me to wonder….” His voice is deep with mischief and the smirk dancing on his lips makes your heart race with dreaded anticipation. He locks eyes with you, trapping you with his now dark stare and you realize that regardless of his affections, he still wants to watch you suffer. Still wants you to be just as damaged and hurt as he is. And with a rise of his eyebrow, he breaks your heart. 

“Does he know about the baby?”

©chengf.tumblr