EXO: SUHO

Rambles & Drabbles

Early Christmas Present

The holidays were in full swing and you were super excited this year because your fiancé was actually going to be spending Christmas with you! It’s a rarity given his hectic schedule, but you both missed each other and hadn’t spent this holiday together for a couple years.

“Baby?”

“In the living room!” You informed. Your fiancé, Kim Junmyeon, made his way over to you, a beautifully decorated box in hand.

“What is this?” You asked, filled with excitement. 

“I wanted to give you a gift a little early because I missed you so much,” he said, biting his lip bashfully.

“Aw,” you gushed, rushing to grab the box. For some reason, when you went to lay it on your lap, Junmyeon wouldn’t let go of it, holding it in place in his hands. “Babe….”

“Just open the box and peek in,” he said, voice tinged with nerves.

You blinked up at him questioningly, but did as he asked. As soon as you saw what he got you, you screamed, throwing the lid at him.

“What is that?” You yelled, fumbling back on the couch to get some space between you and the monster.

“I….” He seemed lost, obviously not expecting you to react like that.

“Is that your ?” You covered your face, trying to get the image of his body part sitting at the bottom of the box out of your head.

“Well…yes.”

Why?”

He was visibly confused, trying to save the situation although he didn’t really know how. “It was Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s idea! They said they’ve done it to their girlfriends for their birthdays and it was always a success!”

“You took advice from those two?” You screeched.

“Chanyeol’s been with his girlfriend for two years! I just assumed….” His voice was mute.

“Wait, wait,” you said, holding up your hands to make him stop. “Is that a in a box? Like from the SNL skit?”

“That’s a thing?” He asked, scratching the back of his head.

“Just look it up. The boys were playing with you, I don’t know what possessed you to take them seriously.” With that you got up and hid out in your bedroom. Why in the hell would he do that? Who did he think you were? Your mind was reeling, but at the same time, you found the entire thing hilarious.

You wouldn’t tell him that though.

It only took him a few minutes to tip toe into the room, box still dangling from his crotch.

“So I watched the music video,” he said, a pout on his lips. “You’re right. I shouldn’t have listened to Chanyeol and Baekhyun.”

You just hummed in reply, eyes glued to the Christmas movie you were watching. He sighed and fell onto the bed beside you throwing you those puppy eyes he had down to an art. “It’s Christmas, don’t be mad at me.”

You finally gave your attention to him. “I’m not mad at you. Just shocked. I never imagined you would do something like…that.”

“So, you forgive me?”

“Absolutely.” You rubbed his arm comfortingly. “Now, please put your away.” 

“Oh.” He glanced down at the box sitting comfortably on his lap. “Right.”

He got up to go to the bathroom but you called his name, stopping him in his tracks.

“Try giving me that gift tomorrow,” you said seductively. “I’m sure I’ll like it then.”

The smile that grew on his face was enough of a present for you.

©sjunmyeon