EXO: XIUMIN

Rambles & Drabbles

Babies

The holidays are always a pretty hectic time for you. The tail end of the year is always spent with your larger family. The thing is, that large family is full of just as large personalities, and as much as you love those that share your blood, you always found yourself utterly drained from the interactions.

Christmas will be celebrated at your grandmother’s house. This year is special to you because your boyfriend of two years, Kim Minseok, is finally going to accompany you to the dinner. He’s always so busy with his job, so it is nice to actually be able to have him all to yourself for the holidays for once.

At least, that’s what you had hoped for.

As most parties go, you are separated from Minseok as soon as you cross the threshold. The men drag him away while you’re ushered to the opposite side of the house with the ladies.

You don’t mind too much. It’s a great opportunity for Minseok to get to know your family. Your aunts and female cousins seem to take a quick liking to your boyfriend, giving him their stamp of approval. Opinions don’t matter to you much, but all the same, you feel relief from their positivity. 

The night continues on and you reunite with your boyfriend when you spot him on the couch. You lift an eyebrow once you notice your newborn cousin laying against his chest. He lifts his head from the child, catching your eye immediately and throwing you a shy grin from getting caught.

You head over and plop beside him. The questioning look on your face doesn’t go unnoticed.

“Your cousin had to run to the car to grab some bottles, so he asked me to watch him for a moment,” he explains. You chuckle, shaking your head as he glances back down at the tiny human with an awestruck smile blooming on his face. “He fell asleep instantly.”

The sight of your boyfriend holding a sleeping baby is, without a doubt, the cutest thing you have ever seen. You can’t help but grin affectionately at your him, your heart melting from his curious eyes.

“I thought you didn’t like children,” you question.

He shrugs. “They’re so cute when they’re asleep.”

As soon as he says this, the baby burps and throws up. Minseok is quick enough to hold the child at arm’s length, so not to get any of the liquid on his shirt, but his pants don’t escape the attack.

He frowns, handing the now crying baby to you. “I just ironed these pants.”

You laugh before placing a quick kiss to his downturned lips, causing them to turn around. “Are they still cute?”

The comment brings the frown back and he gets up to clean the vomit off his pants, rolling his eyes at your boisterous chortles that seem to follow him to the kitchen.

©gummyminseok.tumblr