EXO: SEHUN

Rambles & Drabbles

Acceptance 

You and Sehun had been dating for three months and everything was perfect. You hadn’t known each other for very long before you started dating—probably five months or so—but the moment you first locked eyes with him you knew he was the only one you wanted to be with for the rest of your life.

Everything with him was natural. He was beautiful, caring, and kind of nerdy, but in an endearing way. He made you smile and feel important and valid. He viewed life in such a way that made you think anything was possible.

You were undoubtedly falling in love with him.

That day started off like any other. He had been mentioning for days that he had something important to share and you could tell it was, being how reluctant he appeared about the whole ordeal. His news seemed to be burdening him and it made you nervous. Was he going to break up with you? Was there somebody else? Was he moving across the country? You pondered over all the possibilities until it gave you a migraine. 

Yet, nothing prepared you for what he did confess.

You played nonchalant, saying it was fine and you were all right, even though it was obvious to the both of you how unsettled you were. You asked to go home immediately after, claiming to not feel so good and ignored the pout that sprouted from his lips, ignored the way his eyes dimmed with disappointment.

All you knew was that you needed some space, some time to wrap your head around the bombshell your boyfriend had dropped.

So you did the only thing you could think to do.

You avoided him.

For two days you kept your distance, swallowing down the guilt that grew when he stood still in shock at you ignoring his calls in the hall of your school. You felt like an , leaving him hanging like that, but what else were you suppose to do? Everything was different. He was different and it made you anxious.

On the third day of this game, you found yourself in the neighborhood park, swinging limply from a swing, staring up at the few stars you could see within the city. The moon wasn’t full, but she was close, exposing her belly with the promise of rebirth.

You shivered.

“Cold?” You spun your head around to the direction you heard the voice, fear jolting your adrenaline. Noticing it’s Sehun, the fear fades only faintly.

Shock takes over. Although you hadn’t heard anyone approaching, he stood only a couple feet away. His dark eyes wandered your face as if he hadn’t seen it in years, his own stoic. He was known for keeping his feelings to himself unless he felt comfortable enough around the person. You felt guilty because earlier that week you were considered one of those people.

You only swallowed as a reply to his question, watching him intently as he made his way over to the swing beside you. Silence filled the air and it wasn’t a comfortable one. You were planning an escape, but was stuck to your seat from the longing that punctured your heart from his close proximity.

Despite everything, you missed him like crazy.

“Are you going to talk to me?” He asked, voice hard and bitter. “Or are you too scared?”

You bit your lip, wondering how to reply. Yes, you were scared and you had no intentions of talking to him ever again. But, you knew how unfair that was to him. He deserved to know the truth, to know how you were feeling inside.

“I’m sorry,” you finally uttered, clutching onto the chains holding you up so tightly your knuckles turned white.

He scoffed. “Sorry for what? Abandoning me after I told you my biggest secret? Sorry for treating me like a pariah? I trusted you. I thought what we had was real enough to withstand this. I thought you would be different then the others, but I guess not.”

His words were biting, but deserving. You knew that. Yet, they also pissed you off, putting you on the defensive.

“How else am I supposed to react to the fact that my boyfriend is a werewolf?”

Saying the word out loud caused you both to pause, your shivering practically doubling. 

Sehun took in your shaking frame before he was on his feet, running obnormally fast to his house. You watched him, flabbergasted that he would just leave after that, but he’s returning before you can blink, an object in his hands.

Once in front of you, he held it out as an offering. “Here, take my blanket.”

You stared at it for a moment before hesitantly grabbing it, wrapping it around you shoulders gratefully.

He rejoined you, staring up at the moon almost dotingly.

“What happens?” You asked carefully. “When the moon is full.”

Head still tilted upwards, he lulled it to the side and you nearly gasp. His eyes were black and glittery, almost alien and although it frightened you, it made him appear even more beautiful. 

“We shift,” he answered.

“We?”

“My brothers. My pack mates.” He returned his gaze back to the moon. “We go deep into the forest and shift to our animal form, enjoying the gift Mother Moon has bestowed upon us.”

“Do you see it as a gift?” You questioned, curiosity getting the best of you.

He shrugged. “Most of the time I do.”

“I really am sorry.” You try again. “I just didn’t really know how to wrap my head around it. I mean, werewolves are a thing of fiction. They aren’t real.”

“Yet, here I am,” he said, shrugging again.

“Exactly. So you have to understand how this news would make me react.”

He shook his head angrily, a humorless smile on his lips.

“But!” You start quickly before you lose him for good. “But, I’m warming up to the idea. I’m coming to terms with it. If you’re a werewolf, then you’re a werewolf. You can teach me everything about who you are, because I want to know. Every facet that is you, I want to know. I still want to be a part of your life, even if you only want to be friends now.”

“I can never be just your friend,” Sehun admitted adamantly, giving you his undivided attention. “If you’re willing to accept me for who I am, then I am yours.”

He got up and stood in front of you, your breath caught at the sight of the moonlight glowing behind him like a pure aura.

“Okay,” was all you were able to whisper before his lips were on yours.

©dyomino.tumblr