EXO: BAEKHYUN

Rambles & Drabbles

Guys With Kids

“God, he is so hot.” Your best friend, Julie, sighs as you both watch said man throw the toddler he had been hanging out with up into the air, the pair laughing joyously as he catches her.

“Control yourself, Drooly,” you say.

“How can I when Adonis is in front of us with a child? My baby fever has never been higher.”

The two of you are at the mall, sitting in the little kid area to rest your feet after hours of shopping. You came to relax, but that flew out of the window the moment you are met with the most beautiful man you have ever seen, running around with a little girl, melting your heart.

He holds the toddler on his waist and you swear his eyes flicker over to you for a millisecond. Your breath catches in your throat as you shift away embarrassingly.

This lasts for about five more minutes.

He plays with the cute girl as both you and your friend watch, throwing you looks every now and again.

Julie doesn’t seem to notice; too caught up in her own thirst, and you wonder if maybe you’re imagining the secret glances.

That is until he begins playing hide-and-seek. Covering his eyes, he begins to count as the girl—who you have guessed to be around five years old—runs as fast as her stumpy legs can carry her.

“Five!” His voice rings out. He scans the small play area from over his fingertips before a smirk graces his lips and he saunters over to where Julie and you are seated. “Hey.”

You both stare at him uncomprehendingly before Julie realizes he’s speaking to you. She nudges your arm roughly; shaking you out of the spell his sparkly dark eyes had you put under. “H—hi.”

“I’m Byun Baekhyun,” he introduces. “I couldn’t help but notice you watching me practically the entire time I’ve been here.”

“Um….” Your cheeks flame red from further embarrassment, but it dims at his low chuckles.

“Well, you know,” Julie purrs, gaining Baekhyun’s attention. “The ladies love a guy whose good with kids.”

“Is that so?” He asks, focus cutting back to you. It was as if Julie didn’t really exist and that gave you butterflies. “Do you?”

“I mean,” you start shyly. “I guess.”

His grin spreads as he digs his hands deep into the pockets of his sweats. “You’re cute.”

His statement leaves you flustered.

“And as much as I’m enjoying this conversation, I have a little girl to find. You wouldn’t happen to know where she is, would you?”

There is a plastic couch on the far end of the fenced off area and behind it you can make out the top of a head. “She’s hiding behind the sofa.”

He turns back to confirm with an ‘ah’ before facing you again. “After I find her, I’ll come back to get your name, and hopefully your number.”

Before you can answer, he’s jogging off in quest to find the girl.

“Unbelievable,” Julie whispers in disbelief. “You better hit that. For the both of us.”

©exo-sentialism.tumblr