Visit from grandma

I'm a nobody

Pacing up and down by the entrance, Sehun tried to keep himself calm. For the past hour now, family members had been arriving to meet their sons and went of to have a look around the school. Baekhyun's dad was one of the first few to arrive, Baekhyun was so excited that as soon as his dad was in the school, he grabbed him by the arm, shouting a 'See ya!' to Sehun as he left.

Now, Sehun was standing at the entrace, waiting for his grandmother to come whilst everyone else passed by him. 

'What's taking her so long?' he thought and, out of nerves, began biting his nails. Every once in a while he would pause and look towards the entrance to see if he could see his grandmother walking towards the school. On, what had to be, the thirtieth time of doing so, he finally saw the familiar figure walk into the school and paused whilst she scanned the place for her grandson. When her eyes finally landed on him, she smiled and Sehun quickly walked over to her before pulling her into a hug. 

"Oh, you've grown so much since I last saw you" she said happily, pulling Sehun away from her so she could get a good look 
"Either that or you've gotten shorter" Sehun replied, earning himself a light hit on the arm whilst his grandmother laughed before sighing 
"You look so much more like your mother everyday" she muttered and stood back to get a proper look at him before Sehun took her hand and led her to the hall for some food. 

"I think you'll actually like this years food, it's much better than the rubbish we had to eat last time" he said and began chatting with his grandmother about anything and everything they could catch up on. It was then that Luhan came walking through with his mum, giving her a tour as his eyes landed on Sehun and he frowned. He had never seen the boy so happy before. 

~

"They didn't have strawberry cupcakes, so I got us chocolate instead" Sehun said, sitting across from his grandmother and tucked into his cupcake 
"You've put on weight since the last time I saw you" his grandmother said and Sehun nodded 
"Baekhyun's been making sure I eat... even if it's just a tiny bit. He's basically the younger and male version of you" he replied, laughing whilst his grandmother smiled. 

"Where is Baekhyun?" she asked 
"Giving his dad a tour around the school, his dad was actually able to get time away from work this year" Sehun replied and his grandmother nodded before she to began eating. 

Growing up, his grandmother was always there for him. She was the one who bought him up. She was the one who taught him to swim and how to ride a bike. She was motherly figure he didn't have because of the death of his mum. She was sometimes the fatherly figure in his life because his dad had decided that work was more important than his child. Sehun's grandmother was his best friend and if it wasn't for her, Sehun would have probably given up a long time ago. 

"How are your sessions coming along?" his grandmother asked  
"I don't see why I got to them. Everyone seems to think there's something wrong with me, but I don't see it" Sehun replied whilst his grandmother sighed. She wouldn't tell Sehun this because she knew he would get angry, but she was also one of those people. She could see that there was something wrong with her grandson and it killed her to admit it. To begin with, even she tried to deny it but in the end she figured there was no use in denying it. 

"I spoke to your dad the other day" she said and watched to see if Sehun would react, but of course he didn't 
"He told me that he was actually planning on coming with me this year but-"
"Let me guess.... got called out to a conference in Japan? Stuck in overtime at work to earn more money to pay for my sessions? Just made up some random excuse so he didn't have to come see me?" Sehun interrupted and picked at his cupcake whilst his grandmother sighed. 

"And this" came a voice, making Sehun look up to see Baekhyun drag his dad over 
"Is Sehun and his grandmother" he said happily as his dad waved before Baekhyun dragged him of to somewhere else. Never before had Sehun seen the boy so excited like this, it was like Christmas had come early for the boy! 

"He's like an excited little bunny" Sehun's grandmother said, making Sehun smile 
"He's never like that unless he's been hyped up on sugar. Most of the time he's grouchy because we have to get up early for breakfast" he replied before mentally groaning when a teacher came over to speak to his grandmother about his performance in recent lessons. 

~

He hated saying goodbye to his grandmother. That meant that it would be a while before he would be able to see her again. What? It's not as if he could go home and see her all the time. She lived on the other side of Seoul and taxi's and buses were quite expensive! Hugging her goodbye, she told him to stay safe, do well in school and that she would see him when he came back for the holidays where a big batch of gingerbread men would be waiting for him. And with that, she had to leave, or she was going to miss her bus!

Now? Sehun found himself sat on the school roof, legs dangling over the edge and looking out at the sunset in front of him. This evening was nice and all Sehun had with him was a gentle autumn breeze and the distant sounds of the bustling Seoul traffic... sounds really cheesy doesn't it? 

"Why is it whenever I'm up here you always seem to find me?" Sehun asked as Luhan walked up 
"Well you're pretty obvious... with your legs over the edge" Luhan replied, staying perfectly planted in the middle. Truth be told, he was terrified of heights and standing on top of the school roof only cemented his fear. He was only up there because he was worried that it would be similar to what happened the last time he was up on the roof. 

"Don't worry, I'm not going to jump or anything" Sehun said, turning to face Luhan who bit his lip 
"Why are you angry with me?" he asked 
"Why is it that whenever I ask you something, you either glare at me or ask me why I think that?" to which Sehun raised an eyebrow. 

"Like I said, if you don't know, then I shouldn't really tell you" he replied 
"That makes no sense!" Luhan exclaimed, slowly starting to get moody now and Sehun was enjoying it. 

"Please just tell me!" Luhan said and Sehun stared at him before getting up and walking towards him 
"Think of it this way, if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be in those stupid counselling sessions and have everyone worry over me when there is nothing wrong with me" he said and walked inside, leaving Luhan there. What the hell did he mean by that? 

~

Walking inside, all Sehun wanted to do now was go back to his room, have a shower and have an early night. He just wanted a good nights sleep and for no one to bother him until the morning. Rounding the corner, he saw a large group of students in a circle laughing and jeering at the person in the middle. Sehun just rolle his eyes and turned to walk away, leave the idiots to play with their toy. 

"Leave me alone!" someone shouted and Sehun paused, he recognised that voice. Turning back around, he walked forward and his eyes widened when he saw Baekhyun in the middle of the circle.


Dun Dun Dunnnnn... 

This will carry on next chapter!!

Also, I've made myself sick *bleugh* it's pancake day today... I think I ate too many of them... so much sugar... D: 

Until the next chapter!!