Fear

I'm a nobody

This, this was impossible. As much as he hated the guy this couldn't be happening. His dad was meant to be this all powerful man, the guy who had the answers, the guy who- as Sehun saw him when he was younger- was indestructable. If he was meant to be all of these things then why the hell was his dad lying in a hospital bed?

"Sehun?" his grandmother called out but Sehun was unable to answer her, he couldn't even look at her because his attention was purely focused on the man lying in bed in front of him. 

"Sehun dear speak to me" 
"Wha... h-how, how did this happen?" he asked as his grandmother sighed 
"When I first found out people were telling me it was an accident at work, then I had people telling me he was involved in a car crash... I just don't know right now" she explained. 

"But, he'll alright won't he?". 

Sehun's dad was meant to be a man who would never end up like this. He was his dad, aren't dad's in general meant to be strong and never find themselves getting injured? It just seemed impossible that Sehun was stood in a hospital at this moment in time outside of the room his dad was currently lying in. 

Take away the bandages and the machines that were hooked up to him, he would look like an ordinary person who was peacefully asleep. Sehun didn't like this, this couldn't be happening to his dad. 

"He'll be fine sweety, he'll be fine" his grandmother said gently, running her hand through his hair as a doctor came out and greeted the two of them 
"We've done all we can for now. If anything should arise, of course we'll let you know straight away" he said.

"Can we go visit him?" Sehun's grandmother asked 
"Of course, but visiting time will be short so it will have to be quick" the doctor replied and bowed to the two of them before making his way down the hall. 

"Come on" his grandmother muttered, taking Sehun's hand to lead him into the room only to have him pull out of her grip 
"Se-"
"I can't go in there" Sehun cut in straight away. 

"But Sehun he's your father" his grandmother said. Why didn't Sehun want to come visit his dad? He was lying in a hospital bed and with the way the two left things at Christmas, the most Sehun could do right now was visit him as he laid in that hospital bed!

"I don't want to go in... not yet. I-I'll just wait out here until you come back" he replied, taking a seat as his grandmother sighed and went in to visit Sehun's dad without Sehun himself. 

~

Hospitals aren't really a great place to be. Whilst they are excellent in treating people and saving their lives, they are also a place of death. A place where a lot of deaths tend to happen. Sehun didn't want to particularly spend his afternoon in the hospital. It's not that he didn't want to be there and visit his dad, it wasn't the fact that every so often a nurse would walk by and shoot some glances into the room. 

Slowly, very slowly, the fear began to set in over Sehun. As much as he didn't particularly like his dad, he didn't want him to die. After hearing that his dad was in hospital this was the first thought that crossed his mind. His dad couldn't die, though his injuries weren't serious enough to do so the paranoia had already set in. 

If his dad died, he no longer had any parents left. Sure he would have his grandmother there to help him, but he wasn't ready to be an orphan just yet! 

"Sehun" snapping Sehun out of his thoughts as he looked up and saw his grandmother standing there 
"Please, go in and see him" and very slowly, Sehun lifted himself up from his seat and slowly walked over to the room his dad was in, shooting his grandmother a glance before he slowly entered the room.

Standing beside the bed, Sehun didn't really know what to do. He opened his mouth to say something but closed it just as quick. Normally in dramas if a character is in hospital they have vistors hold their hands or their cheeks right? Sehun couldn't do that. He just stood there staring at his dad. For once his dad looked so vulnerable, the wrinkles that were usually lining his face were gone, he looked so much younger than he usually was.

What was Sehun suppose to do now? 

It wasn't as if his dad would be able to hear him if he said anything, feel anything. Sehun just felt so useless

The one thing Sehun didn't like about the room was the constant beeping coming from the machine attached to his dad. He kept finding himself looking at, worrying that it would flatline. It was there Sehun decided he had enough and ran out of the room. The panic was beginning to set in. 

"Sehun?" 
"C-can I go back to school now?" Sehun asked as he slowly began to shake and his heart rate escalate. 

"Of course, let me call you a taxi" his grandmother replied but Sehun shook his head 
"I-I can walk back" 
"What, don't be so silly Sehun it's pouring with rain out there!" his grandmother exclaimed yet again Sehun only shook his head.

"I'll be fine! I-I just need to get out of here" he said. Sensing his grandmother's hesitation, she was not going to be of use anytime soon. He had to get out of the hospital and he had to get out now.

So he turned around and ran. Ignoring the cries from his grandmother and stares from others he ran out of the hospital, into the rain and didn't stop until he got back to the school.


You're going to love the next chapter... a teeny tiny bit I think... 

Until then....