Envious

I'm a nobody

"You were right" Baekhyun began, walking out of the restaurant holding his stomach 
"This place does have great food" he finished whilst Sehun nodded and the two of them walked back to school. 

For the past hour they had been sat in the restaurant and Sehun almost felt... normal... he was happy and laughing more than he would have done previously. He was actually having fun! A rarity if Sehun said so himself!

"I spoke to dad the other day" Baekhyun began and Sehun nodded 
"He said he was able to get time off of work for Christmas this year. Which means I'll only have to spend a few days with my grandparents and then the rest with him" he finished and Sehun smiled, nodding his head before he frowned at what Baekhyun had just told him.

"Wait, your dad didn't spend Christmas with you last year?" he asked and Baekhyun shook his head 
"When you work in a dead end job like his, there is no Christmas for you. He even had to work through New Year as well" he replied and sighed 
"But... at least he's getting money to help us out. He may not like the job but he's earning a lot more money than he was when I was younger" he added and Sehun stared at him in amazement. He never knew this about Baekhyun and his dad. He seriously needed to catch up on things. 

"You really look up to your dad don't you?" he asked and Baekhyun quickly nodded in agreement 
"Of course! After mum left he was basically by himself before we moved up here to be with my grandparents. We were basically poor when we arrived and now he's working his of. Hopefully he'll get to quit the job and go for something a bit more flexible in the new year" he said and Sehun smiled. 

"At least you have a relationship with your dad" he muttered as the two of them turned the corner and were soon met with the familiar gates of the school. There were a few students scattered outside, but they didn't stay out for long. Autumn was leaving and winter was fast approaching. The nights were getting colder and daytime was shorter. 

~

Walking into the school, the two of them both sighed in relief when they felt the warmth of the school come rushing towards them. Walking down the hall, they paused when they saw a poster pinned up to the wall and went to see what it was about. 

"Halloween party? When was the last time we had one of those?" Sehun asked 
"It must have been our first year here" Baekhyun replied, checking the poster to see if there was anymore information about it 
"And it's fancy dress" he added to which Sehun rolled his eyes 
"Oh. How joyful" he said mockingly whilst Baekhyun nudged him. 

"You should go! We'll go together! You need to get out more and socialise anyway" he said 
"I socialise already" Sehun replied 
"Myself and your grandmother do not count as being a social person" Baekhyun said before an idea popped into his head 
"We could go out fancy dress shopping nearer the time" he said happily but Sehun shook his head. Parties, especially fancy parties, he didn't like. 

Whilst Baekhyun continued to ramble on about the party, Sehun rolled his eyes and began walking down the hall, Baekhyun following him and trying to convince him to go as well.

"Come on it'll be fun" Baekhyun whined, tugging on his arm 
"If I say I'll think about it will you leave me alone?" Sehun asked and Baekhyun nodded 
"Fine, I'll think about it" he said and with that Baekhyun let go of his arm whilst Sehun sighed in relief. 

"Sehun, can I have a word with you quickly?" his maths teacher asked, Sehun groaning as he walked into the classroom and Baekhyun stood outside waiting. 

"I see you two are speaking again" Chanyeol said and Baekhyun nodded 
"I'm just trying to convince him to go to the Halloween party now" Baekhyun replied and Chanyeol raised an eyebrow 
"You're thinking of going to that?" he asked and Baekhyun shrugged his shoulders.

"If I can get Sehun to come with me" he replied and Chanyeol smiled 
"If you don't you can always hang out with me and my friends" he said  
"R-really?" Baekhyun asked and Chanyeol nodded
"Luhan is in a mood right now... but he always is... Jongin is quite the flirt but he's not too bad and Minseok is just an adorable dork. You can balance them out" he replied, making Baekhyun smile. 

"And what, you're normal one in your group?" he asked and Chanyeol shook his head 
"Of course not, I'm just as bad as them" he replied and managed to make Baekhyun laugh as the door to the classroom opened and Sehun walked out, shutting it and making a face before turning to Baekhyun. 

"He pulled me in there to tell me I'm behind on three pieces of homework. Turns out he lost it and I have to do it all over again. That's fractions, decimals and sine, cos and tan... I didn't even get that the first time around" he exclaimed, failing to notice that Chanyeol was standing there. Meanwhile said guy was actually surprised, he'd never seen Sehun like this before. Usually he saw him with no expression on his face or just glaring at Luhan! 

"Chanyeol you gotta come see this, Minseok has just convinced Jongin to do a cutesy dance in front of the gates of the girls school" Luhan said, running over, his eyes momentarily landing on Sehun before he began dragging his friend away 
"Alright I'm going" Chanyeol said, turning to Baekhyun and waving goodbye 
"I'll see you around" he said and Baekhyun waved back before Chanyeol pulled Luhan off of him and went running to see what was going on. 

"What?" Baekhyun asked when he turned and saw Sehun smirking at him 
"So... did he ask you out?" Sehun asked and Baekhyun nudged him 
"Only in my dreams" he muttered and walked down the hall blushing whilst Sehun laughed and followed on after him. 

Despite his laughter though, Sehun couldn't help but feel envious of Baekhyun sometimes. Heck, he was probably envious of all the other boys in the school! 

"I envy you sometimes" he said, making Baekhyun frown 
"Really?" he asked 
"Yep. I envy the relationship you have with your dad... and that even though Chanyeol is completely clueless about the fact you like him... he still wants to be friends with you" he replied and opened his mouth to say more but decided against it instead.

"Well... if you say so" Baekhyun said and Sehun nodded 
'I also envy how you're cared for. I envy how comfortably you're able to speak to Chanyeol and have him probably invite you to his group whilst I'm too afriad to make more friends' he thought to himself as he turned and made his way to his room for the rest of the night. 

"I envy how you're considered a normal person whilst I'm bullied for being the 'freak' I am" he muttered to himself and sighed before decided to just go straight to bed and just wanting to clear his mind for the night. 


Hey guys!!

I finally managed to update tonight. Although I do think this chapter wasn't really done well :S

Next few will be Hunhan based and their current 'friendship' crisis... although it wasn't a friendship to begin with... 

Until the next chapter!!