The rooftop

I'm a nobody

"Will you just leave me alone" Sehun shouted, turning around to face Luhan who paused to catch his breath 
"Why are you even following me? Why do you care?" Sehun asked angrily
"Because I'm worried a-" Luhan began but Sehun interrupted him 
"Worried are we? Worried that I may go do something serious again such as standing on a roof?" he asked but this made Luhan confused. 

"What on earth are you talking about?" he asked 
"Well isn't that what you think? That I was going to jump from the roof that time. Everyone else seems to think so" Sehun asked 
"You were standing close to the edge. Anyone could have mistaken it for that" Luhan replied and Sehun scoffed 
"Just because I was standing on the edge of the roof does not mean I was intending to jump off of it" he said and turned to walk away, Luhan following him. 

For the most part, Sehun tried to ignore Luhan and hope that he would just give up and go away. But he didn't. Instead he kept following Sehun and kept his gaze to the floor, not really doing or saying anything and it drove Sehun mad. He just wanted to be left alone!

"Will you just leave me alone!" Sehun shouted, making Luhan jump 
"I don't need you following me. When are you going to get it into your head that I don't like you and don't want to around me?" he asked  
"I'm following you because I'm worried about you! People kind of look out for others when they're worried about whether the person likes them or not. It's called kndness" Luhan began.

"Also, I know you don't like me. You kind of hint at it everytime I'm with you and yet whenever I ask to see why I've angered you... you won't bloody well tell me!" he shouted 
"It's because you thought the wrong thing and went and told the headmaster " Sehun shouted back and Luhan frowned 
"I never told him anything" he exclaimed and Sehun laughed. 

"Oh really? That day you pulled me from the roof. You went and told the headmaster lies and now you're the reason why I'm wasting my time in these counselling sessions and why everyone at the school thinks I'm a freak!" he explained but Luhan just could not understand what the boy was on about. 

"You really don't know do you?" Sehun asked and Luhan shook his head
"No I don't, so just tell me!" he replied. 

*flashback* 

Tonight was actually a really nice night. Though dark, the sky was clear, the moon was out and there were a few stars in the sky. Not many people were out tonight, the wind has picked up quite a bit during the evening and unless you were mad like Luhan and his friends, you didn't really want to be going out tonight to play football. It was a stupid idea!

"Did you see the way Minseok hit the floor?" Chanyeol asked before he began laughing again and Minseok nudged him 
"Only because Luhan pushed me to get the ball" he replied and Luhan shrugged his shoulders 
"All's fair in love and war" was his reply and the group continued to joke around together as they made their way back into the school for the night. 

"It's so cold" Chanyeol muttered, shivering 
"Yeah, but the sky looks so pretty tonight" Luhan replied, looking up. It was there that he saw something on the roof of the school. Usually he would have dismissed it as being just a bird. But this something was larger than a bird and looked almost... human... what the heck? 

"Come on Luhan!" one of his friends called 
"I'll catch up with you guys" he replied and whilst they walked in one way, Luhan went the other, wanting to find out if someone was up there. 

~

"Hi mum" Sehun began, looking up to the school and falling silent for a few seconds, just stood there staring. He often came up to the roof. Sometimes by himself, sometimes with Baekhyun. It was his place to escape to whenever things became too much for him, tonight was one of those nights. 

"I've... I've been quite stupid really. For the past few months now I've just felt like I've been falling into a pit that I can't get out of... it's not as if I'm trying to get out anyway" he continued and shivered slightly as the wind whipped past him 
"I just feel like I don't belong here. It's like I've given up on trying to fit in. Yeah I have Baekhyun... but he'll probably get tired of me later on... I have gran, but she wont be here forever will she?" to which Sehun bit his lip and swallowed the lump in his throat. 

"People at this school... they call me weird because I don't talk much, becase I never tried to fit in, because I never show emotions. They always seem to find ways to bully me and whilst I show them that I don't care... it hurts and I often wonder on what it would be like if I never really existed" and laughed bitterly at the thought. 

"Do you think I would have turned out different if you were still alive?" he finished, staring at the stars before closing his eyes and breathing in the fresh air, staying where he was. 

~

Finally, Luhan was able to find a way onto the roof. It wasn't that hard to find really, he just walked down a few halls until he came to a cold patch and followed it up a flight of stairs until he reached a door that was left open. Walking out, he paused and could see someone standing near the edge of the roof... too close for his liking. 

Biting his lip, he slowly walked out, he didn't want to be here; roofs were high up and he hated heights. However he continued because he was worried that the person was going to do something. 

"If you came up here to look at the stars, you'll get just as good of a view down stars" he said, breaking Sehun from his trails of thoughts as he turned around and saw a boy with big eyes and a baby face staring at him. 
"Well I like it up here, it's much more peaceful" he replied and hoped the person would just go away and leave him alone. But of course he didn't. That would have been stupid of Luhan. 

"Why?" he asked and Sehun shrugged his shoulders 
"Place for me to escape" he replied and Luhan nodded his head... where does he go with this now? 

"What's your name?" he asked 
"What's it to you?" 
"I just want to know" and Sehun sighed... this kid was being just as difficult as Baekhyun is usually. 

"Oh Sehun" he replied, hoping that now he would leave him alone 
"Sehun... my name is Lu Han" Luhan replied 
"So your name is Han?" Sehun asked 
"Luhan" Luhan corrected but Sehun waved the comment away. 

"Whatever" he muttered and to Luhan's annoyance, was not stepping back! 

"Well Sehun, I know you must really like it up here... but it's late and getting cold and we don't want you catching a cold do we?" he asked, having to physically drag Sehun away and down the stairs 
"Hey" Sehun whined but Luhan didn't listen to him, only letting him go when the door to the roof was shut and Sehun was well away from it for his liking. 

~

"And you're sure he wasn't intending to jump from it?" the headmaster asked, he and the assisstant head looking at Luhan who shook his head 
"I'm not sure. He said he went up there to relax... I was just worried because he was standing so close to the edge" he replied and the headmaster nodded.

"Thank you Luhan, you can go now" he said and with a quick bow, Luhan left the office whilst the other two looked at each other worriedly before requesting that Sehun came to the office for a chat.

It was in the office that Sehun sat there trying to argue with the headmaster that he was perfectly fine. Whatever Luhan told them was a load of lies. He didn't need to see anyone!

"There is nothing wrong with me, the sky was clear and I wanted to go look at the stars" he exclaimed but nobody was buying it 
"Sehun-" 
"I'm not seeing anyone and you can't make me" Sehun interrupted whilst the headmaster sighed. 

"Sehun either you go see someone, just to get checked out, or I'll have to get your father involved" he said and Sehun open his mouth and closed it again. He didn't want his dad involved. Defeated, Sehun finally agreed to go. This was all Luhan's fault! He didn't have to come up onto that roof and now he did and told the headmaster a load of lies, or so he thought, everyone was going to think he was a nutcase!

*end of flashback* 

"Wait, you think I went and told the headmaster a load of lies to make you look bad?" Luhan asked and Sehun slowly applauded him 
"Finally he gets it" he said and Luhan gawked at him.

"I never said anything! I told him I found you on the roof close to the edge and I was worried about you because I thought you were going to do something stupid and hurt yourself" he explained 
"Well because you went and told him, I had to go see a freaking counsellor" Sehun said and Luhan shook his head.

"It's not because of me! It's because you were hardly eating in the days leading up to the event. You had scars on your arm Sehun that's enough to make anyone worry. Why don't you just admit it?" he asked 
"Because there is nothing wrong with me! If I go around agreeing with everyone else then it means I'm weak. It shows the bullies that they can break down my walls and... why am I even telling you this?" Sehun shouted, turning to walk away before he faced Luhan once again. 

"Don't follow me. Leave me alone. I don't like you, you most certainly don't like me now. We are partners for the project. We will never be friends. Just leave me alone and stay out of my life". 


Wow this chapter is long!! Bloomin' heck!! Look at it D: 

For anyone who's confused. Sehun basically doesn't like Luhan because he thinks Luhan told the headmaster he thought Sehun was planning to kill himself. The 'conversation' Sehun had with his mum, it's obvious Sehun has his demons and in order to understand, we need to go further back into his past which will be covered soon. Sehun deep down knows he has problems but won't admit it because, like he said, it shows he's weak and also, some people don't really like admitting front out they have problems. Maybe Sehun is scared or embarrassed to admit so. Does that make sense?

After the next chapter, we're going to lean away from Hunhan, just a bit, to get Baekyeol development and then we'll slowly go back to Hunhan. 

Until then!!