Ruining Christmas!

I'm a nobody

Christmas at the Oh household was never a peaceful nor civil affair. Nearly every year it would end with Sehun and his father arguing about something with Sehun's grandmother shouting at the two of them to stop. They were father and son and they shouldn't have to argue like they did! 

This year she was hoping for a Christmas miracle whereby the two could find it in them to get along. 

To begin with they did. It was mainly because they hardly spoke to each other and there was only small talk going on between them. Perfect. It meant that they could avoid the posibility of something offensive being said leading to potential arguments. Of course that wouldn't last forever though; nothing really stays perfect forever. There's bound to be trouble at one point. 

~

"Gran?" Sehun called out as he walked down the hall to try and find her. Having promised her he would only spend a few minutes on the phone with Baekhyun... those few minutes kind of turned into an hour. After Sehun had realised that he had spent too long chatting to his friend, he was now worried that his grandmother may have thought that Sehun was ignoring her. That he was deliberately spending a long time on the phone so he didn't have to be around her. 

Silly thing to worry about yes, but this is Sehun. He worries about a lot of things.

"Gran?" he said poking his head into her room to find her sat on her bed looking through an album 
"That conversation with Baekhyun went on for a while didn't it?" she asked 
"Yeah... sorry about that" Sehun replied watching as his grandmother smiled and patted the space next to her. 

"What are you looking at?" Sehun asked taking a peek at the album his grandmother was holding 
"I was going to show you these another time... but I think you can have a look at them now" his grandmother replied and handed the album over. When Sehun started to look through it, they were mostly pictures of a baby girl. He couldn't understand why his grandmother was showing these until it hit him.

"Is this mum?" he asked 
"I also have other albums of her growing up, first day at school, her wedding day and when she was pregnant on you" his grandmother replied and watched as Sehun's eyes lit up 
"Really?" he asked as his grandmother nodded.

"But I'll have to look for them another time. They're hidden in the attic somewhere" she said making Sehun frown 
"Why are they hidden?" but his grandmother didn't reply. Instead she just took the album and flicked through to her favorite pictures of Sehun's mum. There were pictures of her in dresses, pictures of her with big smiles on her face (which his grandmother drew numerous comparrisons to Sehun) oh, there were just so many of them!

Sehun had never seen pictures of his mum like this before. In fact he hadn't really seen any pictures of her. When he grew up living with his dad there were plenty of pictures of Sehun sitting on his mum's lap or being held by her. She was never in the picture though; her head either cut off or she was looking at Sehun and was never really properly seen in the picture. 

By knowing that his grandmother had these pictures of her he could finally see what his mum looked like. For years he had never been shown a proper picture and had to picture her. Now that he had access to these photographs he could finally see what his mum looked like and see if he really did look like her as other people pointed out!

"What are you doing?" Sehun's dad asked before his eyes landed on the album and he sighed 
"I thought we agreed that you weren't going to show him these pictures" he muttered 
"Why not?" Sehun asked. 

"Sehun go wait in the living room" his dad said but Sehun shook his head 
"How come gran has all these pictures of mum and you never once showed me growing up?" he asked 
"Sehun-" 
"Did you know she had these pictures all along?" Sehun interrupted and could feel himself begin to get angry. 

"Will you just do as your told for once!" his dad exclaimed but Sehun just stood there glaring at him. He may have been acting selfish but to him he had a good reason to. For his whole life he was never shown a single picture of his mum. All he could remember was vivid memories of her because she died when he was so young. Sehun's never use to show him a picture of her his whole life and this whole time his grandmother had them stashed away in her house? 

"Tell me then, why did you never show me a picture of her when I was younger?" Sehun asked 
"You were two when she died! Two! I thought that by never showing you pictures you would never ask questions. You would accept the fact she was dead, you didn't have a mum and it would make it easier for me to raise you up!" his dad replied making Sehun scoff. 

"And look at the great job you did. Just look where I am now" he replied 
"Can you two please stop?" his grandmother asked but neither of them were listening. 

"Sehun will you leave the two of us to talk" his dad said 
"What is there to talk about? She was showing me pictures of my mum. Something you failed to do growing up because you wanted me to forget her! Now you're going to shout at gran just because she was showing me a few pictures. What's wrong with you?" Sehun replied moodily. 

"Sehun you're not making any sense" his dad said 
"And you know that for a fact? Oh look at you suddenly playing the doting dad"
"I've been there every step of the way with you!" his dad exclaimed making Sehun scoff. 

"Right so you were there for every class assembly I took part in growing up. You were there for every injury I had to comfort me when I was crying. You were there when I was feeling lonely and that nobody wanted me, when I felt like a lost cause. You was there those times I would stand on the roof of the school thinking how better it would have been if you died instead of mum.. maybe my life would have been better. Work never got in the way and you most certainly didn't dump me on gran". 

"That is enough!" his grandmother exclaimed and Sehun failed to notice the hurt on his dad's face 
"You two are father and son! I am sick and tired of you arguing and not only that, you've officially ruined Christmas!" she continued 
"Now both of you will get a grip and stop fighting or I will not be afraid to ban both of you from stepping into this house again!". 

With that Sehun stormed out of the room and straight into his, slamming the door shut. He didn't want to speak to anyone right now he didn't want anyone to bother him. He couldn't really care if his words hurt his dad. It was about time his dad finally learnt how his son truely felt anyway. Whether it ruined the holiday or not... 


I am ssoooo sorry that I haven't updated for a while!! D: 

School was a pain and when I wanted to update my body was like "Nooo let me sleep!" Hopefully this chapter made sense because I wrote it on numerous days in states of hyperness and sleep deprivedness. All I'm going to say for future chapters is that Sehun should really be careful for what he wishes for... 

(If anyone is confused please say and I will explain) 

I don't know when I'll be able to update next. My exams are literally starting in two weeks so please bare with me. We're getting closer to a chapter all of you partly love me for. 

Until then!! 

And finally, because I rreeaalllyy want to;