Team

I'm a nobody

For a minute or two, Luhan just sat there staring at Sehun with the painkillers in his hand. Why was Sehun speaking to him all of a sudden? Why was he doing all the work when Luhan slept? Why was he suddenly being nice?

"What?" Sehun asked, looking up to see Luhan staring at him 
"Why are you being nice to me all of a sudden?" Luhan asked and Sehun shrugged his shoulders 
"Can't a guy just do a random act of kindness?" 
"Not when he's been silent with me for a few weeks now, blaming me for something I didn't even do" Luhan replied and Sehun sighed. 

"Look, I'm here now so take your tablets before your back gets worse and help me with the project" he said and got back to the work on the computer. Luhan sat there shaking his head before popping a painkiller or two down him and tried to lean over to collect some of the work Sehun had done, but winced when he did so. Stupid back. 

"You could have just asked me to hand this to you" Sehun muttered, sliding the work across for Luhan to take. This was strange for Luhan. Really strange. The boy who he was trying to get to speak to him normally for the past few months. The boy who constantly ignored him. The boy who always called him Han was just suddenly all friendly with him and was speaking to him like a normal person. He must have been dreaming. 

To test if this was true, Luhan pinched himself and hissed when he pinched himself too hard. He deffinitely was not dreaming!

"Why?" he asked, making Sehun frown 
"What do you mean?"
"Why are you being all nice and civil all of a sudden? Just a few days ago you hated me" Luhan said, making Sehun sigh.

"People can change" he said 
"Not when they were moody at me when I was only trying to help them" Luhan muttered and Sehun opened his mouth to apologise but stopped himself. Instead, opting to push some play dough over to Luhan with a sheet of paper. 

"What's this for?" Luhan asked 
"Seeing as you can't really do stuff because of your back, make yourself useful with play dough and try to create a model similar to the one on the sheet" Sehun replied 
"And why should I?" was Luhan really doing this right now? 

"Are you really doing this?" Sehun asked and sighed when Luhan said nothing 
"It's because we're partners... we're a team" 
"A team?" Luhan asked and Sehun nodded.

"Yeah, like the one you play in that sport of yours. We're a team so we need to help each other out and... rely on each other like a footballer would have to rely on his team mates to help him score the goal" he explained before pouting when Luhan began laughing. 

"What's so funny?" he asked 
"I never thought I'd see the day where you actually compared something to sports" Luhan replied, calming himself down before he got to making the model whilst Sehun sat there frowning at him before he got back to his work. Strange kid.

~

By the time dinner came around that evening, Baekhyun sat in his usualy spot, staring at Sehun who looked up when he felt Baekhyun's gaze on him, the two staring at each other until Sehun spoke up. 

"What?" he asked 
"Are you alright? Usually after a session you're sat here grumbling to yourself about how you hate it and that it's a waste of time" Baekhyun replied whilst Sehun shrugged his shoulders 
"My detentions are up so I have my Saturday's back" he said and Baekhyun's eyes widened. 

"Really?" he asked 
"Yep. And to make up for lost time we're going out to watch a film on Saturday and just waste a load of money on crap" Sehun replied 
"We can go shop early for the Halloween Party!" Baekhyun said excitedly whilst Sehun groaned. 

"Do we really have to go to that party?" he asked 
"Yes. Every party or event the school has thrown, you've never been to one" Baekhyun replied 
"I went to that book character dress up party" Sehun muttered 
"That was two years ago" Baekhyun said, ignoring the glare Sehun sent him. 

"But I don't want to go" Sehun said and Baekhyun sighed. He knew that Sehun hated anything that involved socialising with people, but the boy hadn't been to a single event the school threw in over two years! Instead he spent the evening cooped up in his room or going out by himself making him look like a complete loner unless Baekhyun tagged along with him. This was all going to change this year.

"I'll be there with you" Baekhyun said 
"Not unless Chanyeol comes to take you away" Sehun replied but Baekhyun shook his head 
"He'll be with his own friends, he might ask us to come join him" he said but Sehun shook his head.

"That'll mean socialising with others" to which Baekhyun rolled his eyes 
"And yet you want people to stop thinking you're a creep and start accepting you? Sehun come on! This is just one night, it's not like the school is going to do anything like this again" he said and Sehun opened his mouth to reject the idea but closed it again, remembering what his counsellor had told him. 

"Fine" he said and Baekhyun looked at him frowning 
"I'll go to that stupid party" he added and Baekhyun smiled before he hugged him 
"You will not regret this" he began as Sehun pulled him away 
"We'll go shopping next weekend and you'll have so much fun!" he exclaimed whilst Sehun slowly inched himself away from his friend. 

~

"You two got the case of the jealousy bug or something?" Jongin asked, looking over to see both Chanyeol and Luhan staring over at Baekhyun and Sehun's table. 

"No" Chanyeol quickly said, turning back around and quickly diverting his gaze to his food whilst Luhan reached over and nudged Jongin 
"Why would I be jealous?" he asked and Jongin shrugged his shoulders 
"Because you've always had your eye on him?" he replied before going back to his conversation with Minseok whilst Luhan sat there grumbling to himself. 

He didn't have anything to be jealous about... right? 


Hey guys!!

Gotta love strike days! Day off from school, longer time in bed and I was able to update earlier than I thought :D :D For anyone who doesn't know, in the UK today... or just England I'm not sure Wales, Northern Ireland, Scotland anyone from there? Was it the same for you? Anyway, a bunch of teachers went on strike today because of government laws and I basically had a day off, it's actually happened a few times before as well... boom shaka laka!!

Also, I have no idea on what the next chapter is going to consist of... wish me luck there!

Until then!!