Pressure

I'm a nobody

The reunion that Sehun was met with a few days later could be best explained two ways. 

Baekhyun felt excited, elated when he saw his friend standing there chatting to Luhan. After spending Christmas and New Year away from him and finding out what Sehun had said to his dad, Baekhyun was worried that Sehun was going to go and do something stupid. Really stupid. 

It came as a relief for him when he saw Sehun there. In fact he was that relieved he ran to his friend and nearly knocked him over with the force of his hug. 

As for Sehun? Of course he was happy to see his friend again. He had missed Baekhyun too over the holidays. He just didn't appreciate his friend nearly squeezing the life out of him with the hug. 

"Baekhyun, I'm happy to see you too... but I need to breathe as well you know" he managed to get out as Baekhyun finally released him and he let out a dramatic sigh whilst Baekhyun shook his head and nudged him. 

"Well I'm sorry, am I not allowed to miss my best friend?" he asked 
"Not when he plans to hug me to death" Sehun replied and with a huff of his cheeks did Baekhyun finally release him, turning to the slightly startled and confused Luhan who had been watching the whole scene since Baekhyun's arrival. 

"So how were your holidays Luhan?" he asked as Luhan slowly nodded his head and began to tell Baekhyun anything he could remember. Was the guy always this weird? 

Being the captain of a school's football team is pressure for anyone. There are expectations that by being the captain, that individual is good enough to lead the team in a way that helps them to succeed and not fail miserably. 

If that individual was like Luhan, there would always be a considerable amount of pressure on him. For the first time in a long time the school was actually doing well in the sport; in years previous they didn't fair as well and students would pretty much prefer to keep those years locked away rather than share it with the wide world. 

But now? Now the school had Luhan! With Luhan they had the perfect team. They were actually dominating for once and showing other schools what they were made of! 

Being the captain of the team is an honour. The captain should take great pride; being picked as the best and the one that everyone trusts to lead them forward. For Luhan, this only mounted the pressure onto him. Not only did he have pushy parents with high expectations to contend with, he also had a responsibility ed upon him. As the captain he was expected to set a good example, be a 'figurehead' to the younger boys at the school. If a team member of his got into a sticky situation Luhan was the one who was suppose to stick up for his teammates, whether they were the ones at fault or not. 

"Where are tweedle dee and tweedle dum at?" Jongin asked that evening, his eyes ocassionally wondering up towards the entrance of the lunch hall to see where Baekhyun and Chanyeol were at. 

"Leave them to it, they'll be here in a minute" Minseok replied 
'They better be' Sehun thought to himself, stabbing his dinner with his chopsticks and sighing to himself. It wasn't as if he hated the others. From the little interactions he had with them, well they seemed alright with him, but Sehun was more comfortable when Baekhyun was there with him. 

Baekhyun was able to bring him into conversations more, always remember to involve Sehun so he didn't feel left out. Sure Luhan also did that to some extent... but he was off in la la land right now thinking of other things. With those two options currently gone, Sehun just sat there sticking out like a sore thumb whilst Minseok and Jongin started their own conversation about how their holidays were going. 

"Oi you" came a voice making Sehun turn around to see a boy from the younger years running towards him. 

"You're that Baekhyun guy's friend, aren't you?" he asked 
"What's it to you?"
"I was told to come get you. There's a big crowd gathered around the hall, I think something's happened". 

Sehun didn't need to be told twice. With the boy not even finishing his setence he was up out of his seat and out of the hall, the others following in quick pursuit. 

~

Sure enough there was the crowd. All huddled in one area of the hall. Some were muttering things to their friends, others keeping a look out to see if anyone in particular was coming. Then there was the sound all to familiar with Sehun when it came to something happening to Baekhyun; laughter. 

As he approached the crowd, they dispersed immediately. From past experiences they all knew that it was never best to get in the way of Oh Sehun when he came charging forward like this. 

Upon finally breaking through the crowd, he could finally see why the kid had come to get him. There standing up were a group of guys, one of them Luhan recognised instantly; he was on the school's football team, they were all laughing and sniggering at the mess in front of them. On the floor, there was Baekhyun. Eyes down to the floor, holding his wrist with what Sehun hoped to God was just water that had numerous food colouring's added to it thrown on him. 

"I thought you were out waiting for Chanyeol?" was the first thing he asked, ignoring the others completely and crouching down to meet his friend at eye level. 

"The idiot is stuck in traffic. He told me he was going to arrive later than planned, so I was on my way to join you guys but..." and pointed to himself, wincing slightly when he moved his wrist 
"Are you alright though? Despite... this?" Sehun asked and there was a pause before Baekhyun shook his head. 

"No, no I'm not alright. For once I just want to get out of here and get away from everyone" he finally replied, tears threatening to fall from his eyes as Sehun stood up and started charging towards the guys who were laughing at his friend's demise. 

"What the hell is wrong with you?" he shouted angrily, shoving the person at the front as he laughed 
"Ooo what's this? Is Oh Sehun having a hissy fit?" he asked before laughing 
"Lighten up! We were only having a good old joke with Baekhyun there". 

"Lighten up? You poured stuff all over him, pushed him to the floor... he can't even move his wrist! What is it with everyone picking on him? He hasn't even done anything!" 
"Oh come on! He's just being a wuss and overdramatising things as usual". 

If it wasn't for Luhan getting in between the two of them, nothing would have stopped Sehun from charging over towards the guy. It was true though; why was everyone picking on Baekhyun? What had he done to deserve all of this hate? If anything it should have been Sehun who was getting this. He was the 'creep' of the school, not Baekhyun! 

"Sehun just leave it" Luhan said, placing a hand on Sehun's chest to stop him coming any further
"Yes Sehun leave it" the guy repeated 
"Seok, shut up!" Luhan snapped back as the guy rolled his eyes. 

"So now you're taking his side? Come on Lu, you're suppose to be the captain. You're suppose to be sticking up for me" he replied. Ah. This. He was going to try and place this card, try and make Luhan feel guilty. 

"What? Oh come on, you're seriously not going to stick up for him are you?" Sehun asked 
"Just go to Baekhyun" Luhan replied making Sehun scoff. He wasn't seriously sticking up for this guy was he? 

"Are you se-"
"Just. go." Luhan interrupted and with a shake of his head Sehun slowly walked back over to Baekhyun being helped up and taken away by Jongin. 

"Some friend you are" Luhan could hear Sehun mutter as he, Minseok and Jongin lead Baekhyun away and Luhan was left there alone to clear up the mess by himself.. 


*nervous laughter* 

H-hey guys...

I am so freaking sorry for not updating this in so long! 

I could make up a bunch of excuses as to why but none of them are good enough! D: I can't believe I didn't update this in so long! 

I promise that I will try to make updates more frequent. The chapters will be better I promise! Thank you to everyone who still continued to subscribe to this during the long updating time. I also know how frustrating it can be waiting for someone to update for a long period of time!

If this chapter is confusing, it'll run into the next one where things will be explained then. 

Again I apologise greatly!

Until the next chapter!