Thank you

I'm a nobody

Sehun got a right earful from Baekhyun upon his return to school. He honestly thought that at some point Baekhyun was going to kill him, that was how angry he was! 

But with a hug, and a promise that if Sehun did it again so help him, Baekhyun was quickly back to his chirpy old self. All remimnents of the guy who slapped Luhan across the face earlier in the day gone. It was as if nothing ever really happened!

"Oh, but you also need to go call your grandmother mister! She's just as worried as I was" Baekhyun added 
"Alright I'm doing it" Sehun muttered, borrowing Baekhyun's phone and walking away to somewhere private, giving Baekhyun the chance to pull Luhan aside and have a quick word with him. 

"Luhan can I speak to you for a second?" 

Oh boy 

Was Baekhyun going to attack him again? He couldn't handle another slap across the face!

"S-sure". Now he was mentally cursing himself for sounding like he was scared to even go just five metres away with Baekhyun (which in truth, maybe he was). 

Pulling Luhan aside, there was a pause in Baekhyun asking him for a quick word and actually speaking to him. In fact Baekhyun had to first take a deep breath in and actually collect his thoughts together before he spoke again. 

"I'm sorry" he finally said 
"For what?" Luhan asked and it takes him a moment to realise what Baekhyun had meant by the apology. 

"Oh, right" 

"Mhhm. Maybe I did go a bit to over the edge with slapping you across the face. I-it's just that with Sehun... I don't know I've become too protective over him. Maybe overprotective. I don't show it much, but I am and when I read about what happened to the two of you I just... I guess my emotions got the best of me" Baekhyun explained, running a hand through his hair and looking as guilty as ever. 

"Understandable, but I didn't exactly make the situation easy either you know" Luhan replied 
"But you found Sehun, you found him and brought him back to us. That just wipes all the bad things you've done away and put you straight back into my good books" managing to make the two of them laugh just a little. 

"Also, from reading his journal, I feel that you're about to become more than just a friend of Sehun's. Something much more, if you get my drift" Baekhyun said, suddenly turning serious 
"I-I'm not sure at the minute" Luhan replied and that was the truth. There was still much that he and Sehun had to table about, especially after the... well.. the incident at the park. 

"Well whatever happens, please, I am begging you, please don't hurt him. Do what you must but please don't ever hurt him or so help me I'll be sure to make the next slap across your face hard enough to knock you in a coma" Baekhyun said. 

"If you're going to threaten me like that, then of course I won't hurt him" Luhan said making Baekhyun smile a little 
"I'm being serious Luhan" 
"I know you are and I promise that no matter what happens I will not hurt him, you can trust me on that one". 

It was when they made their way back to the others that Luhan felt himself being pulled away. Casting a glance backwards and being met with Sehun staring back at him, he had a pretty sold idea of where he was being taken to. 

~

"You know we should really work on your fear of heights" 

How Sehun could happily sit there with his feet dangling over the roof was beyond Luhan. A false move and the boy could so easily fall over the edge and plummet to his death yet he didn't seem to have a care in the world! 

"I'd rather not face my fears and stay safe unlike the idiot with his feet dangling over the edge" Luhan replied making Sehun chuckle as he leant back and closed his eyes, savouring the moment. 

"We'll work on it. I'll take on rollercoasters, we'll go up cable cars to high places like Namsan Tower... and I believe that an airline has invented a plan with glass flooring" he said, laughing at Luhan's reaction. 

"I'd rather go on a rollercoaster fifty times than go on that plane!" he exclaimed 
"That can be arranged" Sehun replied, finally scooting himself closer to Luhan and away from the edge, to the other's delight. 

For a while the two of them sat there in silence. They had much to talk about, oh yes. But with the atmosphere around them so calm, and everything for once looking up for Sehun, neither of them wanted to ruin this moment by saying something stupid. 

"Thank you" was the first sentence that was uttered, Luhan turning to Sehun. 

"For what?" he asked as Sehun shrugged 
"I don't know, maybe for everything you said earlier in the park. It made a lot of sense and helped me realise that things could and would get better. I just had to keep up hope that's all" he replied, moving away and whining slightly when Luhan ruffled his hair. 

"I've never heard you whine like that before" he said 
"Well I don't like people playing with my hair" Sehun muttered and Luhan attempted to ruffle his hair again for the sake of it, but Sehun was quick to block him. 

"So what now?" Luhan asked, the conversation now turning serious 
"I don't know. I guess, when he gets better, I can go and try patch things up with dad. Perhaps get into less fights" Sehun replied making Luhan laugh. 

"And what about us?"
"Well at the park I asked you what we were and your reply was whatever I wanted it to be... I think you can stay around for a bit longer" making the two of hem laugh. 

Slowly, Luhan's hand reached out and took Sehun's in his. The two of them didn't say anything, the only noise that could be heard was the sound of Luhan's laughter upon seeing how shy Sehun had become. Was that a blush that he saw make its way across Sehun's cheeks? 


Be prepared guys, the next chapter is the last one! 

Until then!!