Paradox

I'm a nobody

"I thought you said it wasn't meant to rain today"
"Well do I look like a weather expert?" 

There were often times in which Luhan hated going to football practice. One of those times was where it happened to rain and the team were forced to take shelter inside and wait for the rain to pass. 

"If this doesn't stop we'll probably have to cancel this for today" Minseok said, leaning in a little so only Luhan could hear him
"I don't think the others would nag about it though would they?" Luhan replied as Minseok smirked and shook his head. At least he was talking to Luhan now. 

Deciding as to whether it would be best to call off practice for the day, Luhan's attention was turned towards the field where he could see someone running across, stopping to take shelter under a tree. What the heck were they doing? They were going to catch a cold if they remained out there. 

"Where are you going?" Minseok asked when he saw Luhan step outside 
"I think we forgot to bring in a piece of equipment. Stay there, I'll be back in a sec" and with that pulled up his hood before running over towards the tree. 

~

As Sehun ran, he found himself going a completely different way back to school. He found himself running through the feidl instead of going through the front entrance, not that he cared anway. However with the rain pelting down on him he knew he couldn't take much more of it, he was just going to have to seek shelter under a tree until the heaviest of the rain had passed. 

He was panting from the running, obviously, he hadn't stopped running since he left the hospital. Not even stopping to check to see if there were oncoming cars. He was shaking. Whether it was from being so col or because of how he had paniced when seeing his dad in the room. That much he was unsure of at that minute. 

"Sehun!" 

Looking up, Luhan was running towards him. What was he doing here? Heck, how did he even see Sehun run under? 

"You idiot! Why don't you have a coat? Look at you, you're soaked and freezing!" Luhan scolded as he took of his jacket and placed it around Sehun 
"I-I'm fine" Sehun said, trying to take the jacket off of him but Luhan refused to let him. As if that wasn't bad enough for Sehun, Luhan then wrapped his arms around him and began rubbing his back. What the hell was he doing? 

"What are you doing?" Sehun asked trying to push Luhan away from him 
"Trying to keep you warm so you don't catch pneumonia or something" Luhan replied. He wasn't a doctor or anything, so he wasn't sure if it was working or not. He once saw it on a film and thought it would help with Sehun. 

"P-please can you stop" Sehun said through chattering teeth as Luhan sighed and finally released him, looking out to see if the rain was going to die down sometime soon. 

"Hey Sehun, where did you run off to? I heard from Minseok that you were taken to the headmaster's office for something" he asked, trying to make a conversation 
"Hospital. My dad just got put in there" Sehun replied as Luhan turned to him with sad eyes. 

"Oh, Sehun, I'm sorry!" he said but Sehun shook his head. He didn't need his sympathy 
"We never really got along. So what difference does it make?" he replied shocking Luhan. 

"He's your dad Sehun! Regardless of whether you two get along or not" he said  
"That's the thing though. I've hated him for the majority of my life. Why should I care about him being in hospital? Then of course I go see him and suddenly I'm scared. How about that, eh? I'm scared that he may die" Sehun replied, laughing bitterly. 

"Sehun it's okay to feel that way" Luhan said gently but Sehun wasn't listening to him, he was getting lost in his own thoughts. 

"It's funny you know, I tend to think one thing and then I'm the complete opposite myself. A paradox if you think about it" he began as Luhan stood there and listened to him.

"I hate my dad and yet I'm afraid of losing him because I'm not ready to be an orphan yet. I want to make friends with people, I want to show people I'm not some weirdo but everytime someone approaches me I push them away because I prefer to be myself. I keep saying to people that I don't need help, that there's nothing wrong with me yet I know just as much as everyone else that something is up and yet I can't bring myself to accept the help in front of me. How stupid is that?". 

Luhan didn't know how to reply to this. This had been the first time he had seen Sehun so vulnerable, so honest. What could he say to him? Sehun wouldn't want his sympathy. At this point he should have just pulled Sehun inside so they were inside and away from the rain. He should have patted Sehun on the back or something like that to try and comfort him in some way. 

What he shouldn't have done was slowly move closer to Sehun and run his thumb across the guy's cheek
"W-what are you doing?" Sehun asked. 

What he shouldn't have done was slowly lean in and place his lips onto Sehun's. 

Sehun, understandably, didn't know how to react. He didn't expect Luhan to go kiss him like that. Sehun's never kissed someone before... he never thought his first kiss would be shared with a guy! 

When Luhan realised what he was doing, he ripped himself away from Sehun. The two of them stood there in silence, trying to make sense of what had just happened as Sehun bought his fingers up to trace over his lips where Luhan had just kissed him. 

"Why did you do that?" he asked watching Luhan run his hand through his hair 
"Oh God. Sehun I'm so sorry!" 
"Y-you still haven't answered my question though" Sehun muttered as Luhan sighed and tried to find the words to explain why he had done that, but he couldn't. 

Why the hell did he do that? 

"Sehun?" came a voice as Sehun looked up and saw Baekhyun peeking out of the door Luhna came from earlier. Noticing his friend, Baekhyun pulled his coat over his head and ran down to the tree, accompanied by Chanyeol, Minseok and Jongin behind him. 

"There you are! I got a call from your grandmother saying that you had ran back here after visiting your dad!" he said, taking in Sehun's appearance before pulling him in for a hug 
"Oh Sehun. You had all of us so worried! I was running around all over the place looking for you" he said but Sehun was unable to answer him. 

He wanted answers. Why did Luhan kiss him like that? What happened now? He wanted to pull Luhan aside and ask him what the hell was that all about, but instead he was being bombarded by the others and watching as Luhan slowly walked away and made his way back inside.


So uh yeah... 

Until the next chapter folks!