Seven

Fall For You

Shoes

Sehun quickly made his way to Chanri who stood still on her position. Chanri looked around and felt even more uncomfortable after knowing the truth.

Oh no...

She suddenly remembered about the gossip she heard.

I shouldn't have told him!

Chanri felt guilty for telling him that.

What if the

"Hi."

Chanri glanced up and saw Sehun in front of her. She didn't know if she should bow or not – he was Mr. CEO and she was his employee. Sehun tried to maintain his calm face when his mind worried like hell.

"You are the CEO." Chanri muttered in a low voice.

Sehun stood still. "Yes."

"Why didn't you tell me in the first place?"

"Let's go to somewhere quieter." Sehun took Chanri's hand unintentionally. Chanri wanted to resist but she followed him in the end.

What to do? Mr. Oh is holding my hand and is it inappropriate? What will the others think? Chanri kept her head down, in case there was someone from the company.

Sehun took her to the garden at the back of the house. It was full of flowers, so beautiful and romantic. Sehun sat down on a small bench and pulled Chanri down.

"I'm sorry." Sehun said. "I want to tell you but you are... different. You don't know me when everyone in city probably knows me and I find it's cute. You see me as Sehun not Mr. Oh or even Mr. CEO."

Chanri nodded. She was a bit confused rather than angry. She didn't understand which part of her was different in his eyes. She was just an average woman. There were thousands other women who much better than her in every angle.

"Don't get made at me." Sehun pleaded. "I'm sorry I lied."

"It's ok." Chanri replied.

Oh, wow. That's fast.

"I'm sorry for...umm...you know, the gossip that I told you the other day."

Sehun patted her head and showed a small smile.

This is so wrong. Chanri thought.

"Don't worry. I don't care about what the others think." Sehun said.

Chanri sighed and stood up. "I think I should go now, Sir. Thank you for the ride."

I don't belong here.

If Chanri could choose, she would rather be at her room right now than in this party. She didn't know anyone and it wasn't a good thing if someone in the company saw them together. People might think she used him to get a job or possibly, they might think she was a gold-digger.

Sehun quickly held her wrist. "Don't go."

Chanri looked at him with furrowed brows. Sehun stood up, still holding her wrist.

"Stay with me until finish."

"Se – Mr. Oh, I don't think it is an appropriate thing to see you with your own employee, intern to be worse, in this kind of occasion." Chanri sadly admitted what made her unease. He was still her boss.

Sehun frowned. So it's Mr. Oh now? "Fine. You're fired."

"What?" Chanri's eyes widened.

"You're fired." Sehun repeated. "So can we now go back inside and enjoy the party, please?"

Chanri's mouth dropped.

I just got fired and he expects me to enjoy the party? Is he being serious right now?

"Why? What did I do wrong?" Chanri was lost.

"You said it is an appropriate if people find me with my own employee in this party, right?" Sehun asked. He looked so serious and a bit annoyed. "I'm firing you. Now you're not my employee anymore and I can be with you."

Chanri was speechless. She couldn't believe that was the reason why. It doesn't work that way!

"Shall we go?" Sehun offered his hand.

Chanri bit her lips and sighed. "Mr. Oh, I – "

"Sehun."

"Hu?"

"I want you to call me Sehun, not Mr. Oh." Sehun stated. He gently took her hand. "It's cold here. Let's go inside."

"But – "

"Please?"

Chanri sighed. "Fine." she murmured.

 

Chanri stood beside Sehun all the time while he was talking with the other guests. She had to bear with the pain on her feet because of the heels and also with the glares of jealous women. Sehun was famous and attractive, no wonder if he was being chased by many women.

"Are you cold?" Sehun whispered. He protectively pulled her in.

"A little." Chanri admitted.

Sehun immediately took off his suit and placed it over Chanri's shoulder. "Better?"

Chanri blushed and nodded. "Thanks."

"He's such a gentleman."

"What a lucky lady! I wonder who she is."

"I want my man to be like him."

Both Chanri and Sehun could hear what the gossip old women talked. Sehun smiled secretly. He touched her back and slightly bent down. "I'll be right back."

Sehun moved away from her towards the drinking bar. He ordered two special drinks.

"Hey! Look at that hot girl in red dress." A man beside Sehun said to his friend.

"y." His friend commented.

Sehun knew whom they meant and he didn't like it at all. He quickly took the drinks and walked back to Chanri who was still standing.

"Here." Sehun gave the drink.

"Oh. Thank you." Chanri bowed a little.

He put his other hand on the back of Chanri and pulled her closer.

"What's wrong?" Chanri asked.

"Nothing. Those men over there are talking about you." Sehun glared at the two men at the bar.

Chanri followed Sehun's gaze. The two men were looking at them too. "I don't understand what the problem is."

"I don't like it when other men looking at you. You are my date and mine only." Sehun felt jealousy took over him.

"I'm not yours." Chanri said innocently.

"Well, you are now." Sehun winked at her.

 

Chanri bit her lips and tried to hold the pain on her feet. She wasn't used to wear high heels for a long time. Now, her feet ached and hurt. She moved uncomfortably while Sehun enjoyed his talk with some people around them.

"Mr – Sehun." Chanri poked his arm.

Sehun stopped talking to his father's friends. "Yes?"

"I want to go to outside first."

Sehun furrowed his brows. He turned facing her. "Why? Is something wrong?"

Chanri smiled. "No, I just want to get some fresh air."

"Ok. Let's go."

"I can go by myself. You don't need to accompany me. Give me ten minutes." Chanri said.

Sehun looked at her and nodded. "Ten minutes."

"Thanks." Chanri turned her heels and walked slowly.

"Wait!" Sehun held her elbow. "Promise me you won't go away."

Chanri nodded. "I promise." Sehun let go his hand. Chanri walked away from the crowd. She was sure she walked like a robot as she dragged her feet.

 

Chanri sat down on the bench and took off her heels immediately. Her feet fingers were red and bruised, and the palm felt numb. Chanri touched the red fingers carefully.

"Chanri."

She looked up and found Sehun standing in front of the door. He looked so worried with furrowed brows. Chanri quickly put her high heels on again and stood up. She didn't want him to see her red and painful feet. Sehun walked towards her and pushed her down so now she was sitting down. He kneeled down in front of her.

"Sehun?" She was shocked and took a step backward.

"Sit." Sehun's tone was rather calm.

"What? What are you doing?" Chanri stepped aside but Sehun grabbed her wrist and pulled her down on his position. Chanri sat down but still confused on what he was about to do.

Sehun took off her heels and stared at her bruised feet without saying a word. He didn't move for a moment as if he was thinking of something. He got up. "Wait here." Then he walked inside.

Where is he going? Is he mad? What should I do now? I shouldn't be here.

A few minutes later, Sehun was back with a box on his hand. Chanri was still barefoot because the pain won't go away.

Sehun got on his knees again and opened the box. It was red flat shoes. He silently put those on Chanri's feet and when he was done, he stood up.

"Thank you." Chanri said.

"Next time, tell me if you are hurt." Sehun told.

"Whose are these?" Chanri pointed out to the shoes.

"My mom's. Are they fit?" Sehun took her heels and put it on the box.

Chanri nodded.

"Let's go. My mom wants to meet you."

Chanri felt so much better not wearing the heels again. She felt weird and self-conscious though.

"Chanri!" Sehun's mother called and hugged her. "How are your feet? Are you ok now?"

"Um, yes. I'm ok now. Thank you for lending me the shoes, Mrs. Oh." Chanri bowed.

"You can keep the shoes, dear." Sehun's mom smiled. "Sehun was so worried and panicked about you. He told me that your feet were red and in pain because of the heels."

"Mom."

"You know, Chanri, Sehun even wanted to call a doctor." His mother giggled. Chanri turned and looked him in disbelief and shock.

"A doctor?" Chanri raised her brows. "You are exaggerating."

"What? No, I'm not." Sehun defended himself.

The two ladies chuckled.

"It's so nice to see my son caring about you, Chanri. You two look cute together."

"Thank you, Mrs. Oh."

 

By midnight, Sehun personally drove Chanri back to her apartment with one of his father's cars.

"Thank you for tonight." Chanri said before she went out from the car.

"No, I should be the one who thank you for joining me and sorry I lied." Sehun smiled. He wished the night wasn't over; he still wanted to be with her and talked with her.

"Umm, so... Am I still fired?"

"Yes. Unless you want to be my girlfriend." Sehun gave a mischievous smile.

"I hardly know you and I just found out that you are Mr. CEO."

"We can go through that stage while we're dating." Sehun looked at her with a persuading smile. "What do you think?"

"Give me back my job first."

I almost forget she's smart. "Then what?"

"Then I will do my work better."

"You're unbelievable, Chanri."

Chanri laughed. Even though she was laughing, she still felt wrong being with him. "Good night, Mr. CEO."

"Good night, babe."


[A.N] Here you go!! :) I don't want to keep you guys waiting for so long. In here, Chanri is a very insecure woman, she cares about what people think of her and she doesn't want anyone get the wrong idea of her. Meanwhile, Sehun is possessive and protective. He still has the 'cold' side eventhough he wasn't really showing it towards Chanri. 

Enjoy your weekend ;D I'll be waiting for your comments!

xoxo