Twenty Six

Fall For You

Scent

 

Chanri looked at her schedule for the next two weeks – her last two weeks as an intern before she went back to college to finish her last year. When she first applied for the job, Chanri never thought her life would change. She met someone who loved her and who treated her like a princess. It surely was something new to her. Meeting someone like Sehun was something beyond her imagination. He was like a prince in fairytale book. But everything always had an end, right? Chanri kept thinking what it would be if her internship was over; would her life change again–back to normal? Was she going to meet Sehun as often as now? What would happen to her relationship with Sehun later since they would be in a different place most of the time? Of course she still wanted to be with him but was it mutual with him? Did Sehun still want to be with her–the college girl from a small town?

"I'm going to miss you!" Eujin hugged Chanri.

Chanri smiled. "I will miss you too." I will miss everything. It saddened her heart that she would be living soon and going back studying for her final year.

"Has he called you yet?" Eujin asked while doing her work on the computer.

"Not yet." Chanri sighed. Sehun hadn't made a call or even a text for the last 48 hours. It made her worried of course, especially when he was out of the country. She had been trying to reach him but it always ended up to voicemails.

"When will he come back?"

"Tomorrow night." Chanri answered with a relief feeling. Just one more night.

•••

"Place it over there. No, don't! It's fragile! Be careful with that." Mrs. Park half shouted to the staffs. She had been moving around the set for few hours while Chanri and Eujin were assigned to check that every furnishings were there and in a perfect condition. "The lighting man, where is he? I need him!"

"I'll find him." Eujin volunteered and then walked out, leaving Chanri with many boxes which were still needed to be checked.

"Hello, beautiful." A man's voice greeted Chanri from her back. Chanri turned around with a surprised expression. She quickly bowed. "You still remember me, don't you?"

Chanri shyly nodded. How couldn't she forget her boyfriend's friends? They were all attractive and charming.

"No Sehun?" Kai raised his brows as he looked around. "He shouldn't leave his beautiful girlfriend alone." Kai muttered something but Chanri hardly could hear because of Mrs. Park's sudden shout.

"Ah! Mr. Kim!" Mrs. Park approached both of them. Kai smiled at Mrs. Park. They hugged shortly. "I don't know that you will be coming here. The set isn't ready yet. Sorry for the mess. Should we go somewhere else?"

Kai shook his head. "I'm fine in here. I just want to look at the set. This is Sehun's first ever project on this kind of type so..."

Mrs. Park let out a flirty giggle which surprised Chanri. She had never seen this side of her boss before. "You're a very good friend, Mr. Kim. Do you want to look around then?"

Kai smiled. He shifted to Chanri who stood awkwardly on his side. "Thank you for the offer but I will just take a quick look in here."

"Ok. Just call me if you need anything."

Kai nodded with a small smile.

"I don't know she can be that flirty." Chanri said in a low voice.

Kai chuckled at her comment. "She is like that to all Sehun's friends."

Chanri nodded a few times before continuing her work. Silently, Kai observed her attentively. He watched every movement of her, secretly admiring her. Yes, Kai had maybe a little affection towards her but he never intended to steal her.

"How are you and Sehun, by the way?" Kai followed her like a puppy.

Chanri just shrugged. "We're fine, I guess."

"You sound doubtful." He said. "Why? Did you fight with him?"

Chanri shook her head and tried to focus on what she was doing. She was so concerned and worried about her relationship with Sehun. The bond wasn't as strong as it used to be, as if it was slowly falling apart. There was one assumption that Chanri had been thinking for a while. No, Sehun isn't that type of guy. He isn't a cheater. Maybe he is just busy with work.

"Are you ok, Chanri?"

Chanri didn't realize that she was closing her eyes. "Yeah, yeah. I'm...fine."

Kai furrowed his brows. As much as he didn't want to admit, he actually cared for her – although they rarely communicated or met. She looked like a broken angel right now and it made him curious and worried. "Can I borrow your phone?"

Chanri stared at him.

"Please?"

She took out her phone and reluctantly handed in to him. It wasn't even five minutes and Kai gave the phone back to her. "I have saved my number in your phone so if you want to talk to someone or anything just… call me. We're friends, right?"

Chanri didn't know whether she should be aware of him or gave in. Clearly, he looked like a player but Kai wouldn't backstab his own friend, would he?

"Don't be afraid, angel. I will not steal my friend's girlfriend though you are so beautiful." Kai winked and patted her head as he walked away.

•••

Chanri massaged her left shoulder and closed the door with her leg. It was a hectic day and all she needed right now was a good and long sleep. She the lights and headed to her bedroom.

"Sehun."

Sehun was sitting down on her bed with a big smile on his face. He was holding a box on one hand and a bouquet of flowers on the other. Chanri was standing in a shock expression. She lost words to express her feeling.

"What... I mean... How... Here..."

Sehun chuckled and stood up. He left the box and the flowers on the bed, and hurriedly embraced her. "I miss you too."

Chanri wrapped her hands around his waist tightly. She missed his embrace; she missed his warmth; she missed his sweet talk. She missed everything about him more than anything else. If only she could stop the time right now...

Sehun gave light kisses on top of her head.

"I hate you." Chanri slightly pulled away. She looked up at him with pouty face.

Sehun chuckled. "I'm sorry."

"Why didn't you call me or text me?" Chanri released herself from the hug but their hands were intertwined with each other.

"I was so busy with work. I even had barely enough time to sleep." Sehun reasoned.

"You look horrible." Chanri commented as she checked on his face. “You have under eye bags. You look like an 80 year old grandpa.”

"You should see yourself too, girlfriend." Sehun kissed on top of her nose. "I missed you so much until I couldn't wait for another 24 hours to meet you."

"I can see that." Chanri smiled and kissed on his cheek.

Sehun blushed and then moved to take the box. "I have a gift for you."

"Another gift? You don't have to buy a gift or anything every time you're going somewhere." Chanri took the gift and opened it. "It's beautiful." She took out a small heart-shaped ruby ring and held it in front of her face. "It’s so beautiful. I love it! Thank you so much!"

"Here, let me." Sehun took the ring and placed it on Chanri's right ring finger.

"I feel like I'm just being proposed by you." Chanri jokingly said.

"Do you want to?" Sehun smirked.

"No! I mean not now."

"It suits you. Don't take it off, ok?" He warned.

Chanri nodded firmly. She hugged her boyfriend again and this time, she smelled something different. "Do you change your perfume or body soap, maybe?"

"No. Why?"

Chanri hummed and shook her head. "Nothing. You just smell differently."



{A/N}

I love reading your comments and how anticipated you are for the next chapter! <3 Thank you for the lovely comments! Happy reading!

P.S: I'm currently watching bride of the water god :) 

xoxo