Twenty Four

Fall For You

The Message

 

"So you're the owner of Oh's Corporations?"

"Yes, Sir."

Chanri's father sat back and looked stunned for a while. "So in other words, you are the youngest billionaire in the country?" He raised his brows, looking so curious, like his wife who sat right beside him.

Sehun shyly nodded. He didn't really like using that title very much. Actually, he wanted people noticed him for his great deal of business, not his amount of money.

"Oh. Wow." Chanri's father nodded several times and then continued eating his dinner. "You never mentioned that, Chanri."

"Why would I? It's not so important for me, anyway." Chanri murmured the second sentence in a low voice but Sehun could still hear it. It made him smile.

"We have a billionaire in our house and look what we have for dinner – it's very...low class." Her mother stated. She looked guilty somehow. “I’m sorry if my cooking skill is not as great as your cook and the food is very ordinary.” Her mother bowed.

"No, no. It's delicious, Mrs. Jung. I really love the food." Sehun quickly answered. He actually truly liked the food as he rarely ate homemade food.

Chanri's mother smiled. "Glad to hear that. Don't be shy, ok? If you want or need something, just tell us."

Sehun nodded and then looked at his side where Chanri ate her food while talking to her younger brother.

"Hyung, do you want to play basketball after this?" Roy, Chanri's brother, asked excitedly. He was just like any other teenage boys – very free, wild and active.

The moment Sehun met Roy, they became brothers in an instant. They spent mostly talking about sports, games, girls, and Chanri. Sehun enjoyed talking with him. They got along really well and had the same opinion about anything. Roy reminded him of his own brother. They used to play together when they were younger but as time passed, they were so busy with their own life and Sehun missed their time together.

"Roy." Chanri's tone was scolding as if he did something wrong.

"What? What did I do?" Roy looked at Chanri then Sehun then back at Chanri.

"You shouldn't play basketball after eating."

Roy rolled his eyes and put a spoonful of food into his mouth. He chewed the food and then swallowed it. "Relax, sis. We're men. We are strong."

Chanri looked at him with poker face. "He is a man and you are still a boy."

Sehun laughed, along with the parents. This was the side of Chanri that he'd never seen before. Sehun leaned back after he finished his dinner and put one hand around Chanri's chair.

"You're still annoying as ever, sis. I wonder why Sehun wants you to be his girlfriend? You are stubborn, annoying and not fun."

Chanri glared at her brother who showed his victorious smile. Sehun was laughing hard at the comment but stopped immediately as Chanri's glare changed to him.

"Don't talk about yourself, Roy." Chanri stood up and picked up her plates and Sehun's.

Sehun held her wrist. "Let me bring them." He took both plates from her hands and stood up. He brought the plates to the sink.

"So cute." The mother whispered to her husband.

•••

Sehun checked his phone quickly before he put it back on the bench. He let out a relief sigh as he found no miscalled or any message.

"Come on, Hyung!" Roy shouted across the court. He was dribbling the ball.

Sehun jogged to the center with a grin on his face. He was once a basketball player during his school days so he knew the tricks and basic steps. They were playing at the park near the house. No one was there except both of them since it was nighttime.

"Nice move." Roy complimented as Sehun scored. They played for about half an hour until Roy grew tired.

Sehun was tired too but he enjoyed playing with him. He had to admit that Roy was really good at basketball. "Do you always come here?"

Roy finished up his drink. "Not really, only when I want to play. It has been a while though since I came here."

Sehun nodded few times. There was a silence between them as if they were thinking what to talk.

"You know..." Roy broke the silence. "I never thought that my sister would have a boyfriend like you." Roy said. He spun around the ball on his hands.

Sehun turned to him. "Why do you think of that?"

Roy shrugged. "You have limitless amount of money in your account and you can have the most beautiful girl in the world. While my sister... She is...a very ordinary and small-town girl, to be honest."

Sehun smiled hearing his words. Of course he was aware of this kind of statement and question. Why her when he could actually get the perfect Miss Korea? "That's the reason why I chose her." He leaned back and turned to Roy who seemed confused. "I like her because she isn't the most beautiful girl in the world yet she is the most beautiful and perfect girl in my eyes." Sehun said sincerely and without a single doubt. "Let's go back. It's getting late."

•••

Sehun felt bad about this. He wasn't planning of staying at her house because he just thought maybe Chanri would like some private time with her family, without him being around her 24/7 – although he wanted to. However Sehun couldn't refuse and reject the offer from Chanri's parents to stay in. Her mother persuaded Sehun to stay for the night, saying that it was very late at night and the hotel was quite far from the house.

"Thank you, Mrs. Jung." He bowed politely.

"You're most welcome, dear. Just tell me if you need anything else. I hope it's enough to keep you warm." Mrs. Jung smiled and came out from the guest room where Sehun'd be sleeping.

The room was different and smaller than his room in his house. There was only a frame of painting as the decoration on the wall. Sehun sat down on the bed and looked around. The room was on the second floor and he could see the beach clearly from its window.

Sehun turned his head to the door as he heard someone knocking.

"Can I come in?" Chanri's head poked in.

Sehun stood up. "It's your house."

Chanri smiled and came in. "Sorry if the room isn't that big."

Sehun shook his head and came closer to her. "I like it here. Don't worry. Your mom is...well, she provides everything more than I need, actually." He turned and pointed to the two blankets on the bed. "Look! One is enough, I think."

Chanri giggled. "That's my mom. But I think you really need those. It can be pretty cold at night and there's no heater anyway."

Sehun smiled mischievously. He intertwined his fingers with hers. "Then why don't you just sleep here, with me and make me warm?"

"Funny, Sehun." She let her fingers off. "I'm going to bed now. Sleep tight."

"Which bed?" Sehun teased.

Chanri shook her head and left the room.

Sehun was all alone again. He unpacked his clothes and put it on the wardrobe. After that, he took a shower and changed into his sleeping clothes. Sehun checked his phone. One message and one miscalled.

From: Luhan

Dude! Where are you? I've got something to tell.

What it can be? I’m out of town and will be back in two days. Sehun texted him back. He checked the miscalled and it was from Luhan too.

•••

Chanri smiled brightly as she saw her boyfriend helping out her dad and brother washing the car outside. It was unusual seeing Sehun working like that – he was a billionaire, after all.

"He's a good man."

Chanri turned to side. Her mother was standing beside her, her eyes were directed to the three men outside.

"I'm happy you found him. He's not like other rich men who always shows off their possessions, power, and money." Her mom continued.

Chanri nodded. "Yeah, he's definitely not that kind of person."

Her mother gave a relief sigh. "Come on, let's prepare the breakfast for our boys."

"Our boys." Chanri giggled. She took a last glance at Sehun who was showering the car. He seemed happy and enjoyed it. At first, Chanri was scared that he would dislike her family because they weren't rich and very normal. But she was wrong. Sehun grew close with her brother quickly. Her parents also trusted him and treated him as if he was their son.

"Is that your phone?" Her mother asked while heating up the food.

Chanri looked around and saw Sehun's phone vibrating on the small table beside the couch. Without much thinking, she reached up and checked it.

Her brows twitched and curiosity, jealousy, and fear attacked her. It wasn't like fear of heights or fear of failing... It was more like fear of losing someone. Chanri had a bad feeling the second she saw the name that sent the text to Sehun and also what was the text about – it was shown on the screen.

From: Sera

I need you. I need to talk to you. Where are you?

She knew what she did was wrong. She didn't mean to sneak into his privacy as she thought it was someone from the company or someone important who was contacting him. It was a coincidence.

Chanri put the phone back on the exact place and tried to clear negative thoughts out from her head. I trust him. She kept repeating the sentence over and over again as if it would make her forget about what she just found out.

I trust him. I trust Sehun.



{A/N}

Whop whop! It's getting hot in here. What is Sera up to? Why is she looking for Sehun? Hmm... 

xoxo