Thirty One

Fall For You

Sera

 

Sera paced back and forth at her room with a phone pressed against her ear. She felt very anxious and worried about Sehun's well being because he hadn't called or texted her ever since he went to Daegu. "Where is he?" Sera dialed his number once again and waited until it went to voicemail.

She had tried everything she could to know Sehun's condition and position from calling his secretary to calling every five stars hotel in Daegu but none of them knew. The weirdest thing she found was there was no guest under the name Sehun in those hotels and Sera knew Sehun would always choose the best hotel in town to stay in. However she didn't want to invest too much thinking of nonsense things.

"Miss? Dinner's ready." A maid called behind the closed door.

Sera put her phone inside her pocket and made her way downstairs to the dining room. Her parents were already sitting down nicely and about to eat the food. Sera sat down across her mother while her dad at the head of the table.

"How was your day, Sera?" Her mother asked.

Sera kept her head down and cut her meat on the plate. "It was normal. Sehun hadn't text or call me yet."

"Maybe he's still busy with work." her mother commented. "I'm sure he will call you once he'd finished."

During her stay, her parents never mentioned anything about Changmin as if they were being careful not to make her sad. She wasn't completely free of Changmin since most of her clothes and stuffs were still in his house. At least she was glad now she had Sehun.

"Sera," her father suddenly called. "I want to ask you something." He put down his fork and knife.

Sera looked up while chewing.

"What's your relationship with Sehun really? Is he the one who encouraged you to ended your engagement?" It was a bold choice for his father to bring this up on the dining table.

"We are very close and he takes a really good care of me. Sehun is a great man for me and I'm happy to be able to get back with him again after years apart." she explained in a odd way as if she had been practicing the statement over and over again before. "Don't you think Sehun will be a great man for me, dad? Mom?"

The parents exchanged looks. "He is a good kid and so is Changmin." Her father was very fond of Changmin and admired his work ethics while her mother liked his manner: sweet, polite, and gentle.

"Sera, dear, as your parents we just want you to think ahead first before deciding on everything. We don't want you to make temporary decision for life-long experience, like marriage." this time her mother spoke up as well. "Changmin seems a really polite and great man. He treated you with love and care. Besides, why did you want to end the engagement? You never told us the truth."

Sera put down the utensils abruptly. "Enough. I don't want to talk about this anymore." She stood up and walked back to her room while ignoring her father's shouting.

•••

"Hey."

"Where have you been? Why didn't you reply any of my texts and calls? Are you back yet? Where are you now?" Sera's high pitch tone sounded so angry and annoyed. "Sehun, where are you? I want to meet you now. I missed you."

Sehun closed his eyes and let out a breath. He scanned a card key to the censor plate on the door. A tiny green light shone and the door opened slightly. Sehun slowly walked in to the suite room. There was too many thoughts coming to his mind right now and all he wanted to do was rest and mulled over all of the information. But he had promised Sera that he would tell her if he got back. As for the moment, Sehun didn't want to go home yet since he knew Sera could visit him. He just wanted to be alone and escape from all of this mess—if he could.

"Sehun? Sehun? Are you still there?" This time she sounded worried.

"Sera," he called in a weak voice. "This isn't a good time to talk. I'm really tired right now."

"Are you sick? You sound sick." Her voice started to irritate Sehun.

"I'm fine. I just got back so I'll see you soon, alright?" Sehun talked faster, wishing she didn't ask any further question.

Sera sighed. "Okay."

Sehun ended the call without waiting for her to speak again. He entered the bedroom and placed his stuffs on the nearest table. There is no way Changmin made this all up. The video proved his words. Sehun took a sleeping pill that he had for a while and drank it with water. It helped him to sleep peacefully these past few days. The last thought he had before falling asleep was Chanri.

•••

The constant buzzing sound of Sehun's phone disturbed his peace while sleeping. "What?" He answered the phone without looking at the caller.

"I'm at outside of your house." Sera replied.

Sehun growled in a low voice. He checked the time and it was almost 8 a.m. What he meant by 'soon' was not this morning or even today. "I'm not home." it was a quick and spontaneous response in which he regretted after saying it. Sehun was waiting for a long chain of questions from Sera with her exagerrated high pitch voice.

"What? What do you mean? You said you were back."

"I didn't come home last night." Then he quickly added, "I stayed at a hotel. I just didn't feel like going home yesterday."

On the other side of the line, Sera furrowed her brows. She was obviously confused and angry for not being told in details by him. Relax, Sera. He's almost yours. Just stay patience and be the sweet and caring Sera he loves. "Let's go eat breakfast together. I'll text you the address. Be there in 30minutes?" Sera pouted inside her car that was parked in front of Sehun's house gate.

"Ok."

Sera noticed the unusual behavior of Sehun lately. He became more distant and annoyed by her because of her clingy-ness so she tried to give him the distance he wanted but still made sure he was still an arm length from her. Of course she also kept a check on Chanri every once a day and from what she observed was she didn't go out much since that incident and Sehun didn't visit her either.

•••

Sehun used the same clothes he wore yesterday after taking a shower. His phone rang while he was buttoning his shirt. Can't she wait? he thought. When he saw his phone screen, it wasn't from Sera. It was from Changmin.

"Hello?" Sehun greeted.

"Hello, Sehun." Changmin greeted back. "I have the files. When do you want to meet?"

"Today. I have a breakfast with Sera and then I'll go straight to your office."

•••

Sera was sitting down impatiently inside the restaurant. Everytime someone walked in, she looked up and sighed when it wasn't Sehun. She occupied herself with her phone and social media.

"Hey!" Sehun said without any excitement.

Sera smiled brightly and stood up to hug him. "You look like a mess. What happened?"

He shrugged and called the waitress without looking at the menu first. Sera just stared at him with so much confusion. He never acted like this: cold and ignorant. It scared her seeing his behavior because she didn't want to lose him and make him mad.

"Good morning. What can I get for you today?" the female waitress smiled at both of them but gave Sehun an extra flirtatious gaze. Sera noticed and gave the waitress a death glare.

"I'll just get a cup of black coffee. Thanks." Sehun replied.

Sera stared at him for a second. "I'll just get a tuna salad and water."

The waitress nodded and took a last look at Sehun in a hope he would return the same gaze but Sehun ignored her and looked at his phone. Sera felt victorious and joyful seeing other girl being ignored by Sehun.

Sehun was doing nothing with his phone. He clicked on anything just to make him look busy in front of Sera. Sehun suddenly remembered what Changmin said to him: 'just act normal and we'll figure everything out later. If she finds out that we know now, she'll probably run away and never get the proper help.' It was so hard for him to act normal without being suspicious and observant. His mind then traced back to where Luhan asked if Sera was faking all of this. His thought was back to reality when Sera called him a few times.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing. Just some stuffs I need to work on later." He forced a smile. "How were your bruises?"

Sera felt agitated. "Better, I guess."

Sehun nodded while looking at Sera carefully.

The rest of their breakfast went casually with Sera talked about girls stuffs and Sehun pretending to listen and care about them. In fact, he wanted to get over the breakfast as soon as possible.

"Have fun!" Sehun smiled as Sera entered her car. He waited until Sera's car far enough and then dialed Changmin. "I'm on my way."

•••

Sehun didn't know why he felt nervous while waiting Changmin to come. The cold air from the air condition also didn't help ease his anxiety. He was the one who asked for the complete videos but now he wasn't ready to see them. Was it because he wasn't ready to see them? Or because he wasn’t ready to accept the truth?

"Sorry for the wait." Changmin bowed a little. He closed the blind and door behind him. He placed a laptop in front of Sehun. "Are you ready?"

A nod was Sehun's answer. Here we go.

The first few minutes of one of the videos looked normal. It showed an empty garage. Half of Sera's red car could be seen in that surveillance video. After a while, Sera entered the garage. She looked very careful with checking every corner of the place then she searched for something inside the drawers in the garage. Sehun observed attentively even though he already saw a clip of it yesterday. Sera pulled out a baseball bat from one of the drawers and stared at it. He still couldn't believe his own eyes seeing Sera hit her arm with a baseball bat, not once or twice but a few times until she whimpered in pain. She finally stopped hitting after her arm turned bluish-purple color. Sehun closed his eyes and cursed inside his head.

The video stopped after Sera went back inside. Changmin who stood behind Sehun all along came forward. "Still want to watch the second one?"

"Yes." Sehun replied without any hesitation.

Changmin clicked on the second video and this time the setting was different. It looked like a storage room. Sehun hadn't seen the second video yet so he anticipated seeing what was next.

The first few minutes were the same like the last footage: nothing happened. Sera came in later and she made her way to the backside of the room. She seemed like she knew the place whatever she was looking for. Sehun couldn't see what she was doing because her back was facing the camera. However, it shocked Sehun when she turned around with a rope wrapped tightly around her wrists. She left them for a couple of minutes and although Sera was undeniably in pain, she held it very well. She then untied the rope one by one. Her hands were bright red and trembling. There were marks around her wrists from the rope.

Sehun moved his chair back slightly. He didn't want to see it any longer. It made him sick and disgusted. "Why did she do that to herself?"

"I have no idea." Changmin took a seat beside Sehun who was lost of words. "I didn't believe it either at first. My camera specialist was the one who found these footages a few weeks ago and ever since I saw them, I tried to get an explanation from Sera but she was always with you. I also wanted to tell you privately but you were always out or with her until the night at the club."

Sehun didn't answer. He was still shocked as if he just saw a ghost. Changmin knew the feeling because he was too reacting that way. "Did you notice any odd behavior from her?"

Changmin thought for a while. "There was one time when she met you and your girlfriend together for the first time. Sera became moody and secretive all of a sudden. I also caught her a few times checking on your social media and your girlfriend's but I tried to be positive and thought she was just looking out for you as a friend." He explained.

"What was her reason for those bruises?" Sehun folded his hands and leaned back.

"She just said she fell when getting out from the shower." Changmin paused to see Sehun's reaction but he stayed still. "You know, when she ended our engagement I was heart broken and devastated. Then when I found out she was with you, I really wanted to blame you and get a revenge on you but I didn't. I thought if she was happy with you then I'll try to let her go. Stealing someone's happiness doesn't make me happy at all." his words seemed so sincere that made Sehun felt guiltier. Changmin and Chanri were the real victims in this chaos.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know..."

"It's fine. At least you know the real her before anything gets more serious. How about your girlfriend?"

Sehun sighed. "We... just broke up."

"Oh. I'm sorry."

"What about her family's financial problem? I once checked and thought you were going to married purely because of money."

Changmin laughed. "Her family had money problem but they solved it without my help."

•••

His assumption was wrong and it was good that someone besides Sehun actually cared about Sera. "I have an idea." Sehun informed. "Why don't we gather around together tonight? You, me, Sera, and Sera's parents. We'll talk about this and get it done once and for all."

"How?"

"I'll invite them for dinner at my place and you'll be there with the videos." Sehun suggested. "She definitely needs help from professionals. She's out of line this time."

Changmin nodded. "Yes and don't forget about her obsession with you."

Sehun rolled his eyes. "Tonight, 7pm."

"I'll be there."

•••

Sera hugged Sehun tightly as soon as she saw her. Her parents just awkwardly smiled behind her at Sehun. Sehun bowed and let them in. Then he brought them to the dining room where the table was all organized and set with five plates. Sera frowned and kept counting inside if it was really five. "Who's the other guest?"

Sehun smiled. "You'll see later."

Sera was hoping so badly it wasn't Chanri. If it was, she didn't know what she would be so angry. Is it possible if Sehun wants to propose me right now? And the extra plate is for either one of his parents.

"Please take a seat wherever you like." Sehun waited until the others sat then he took a seat besides Sera. He hid his cold hands under the table. Sehun was nervous for confronting Sera because he didn't want to hurt her but Sehun had to choose this option. Sera had partly runied his relationship with Chanri and Kai, and she also broke Changmin's heart. Sehun was waiting impatiently while answering questions from Sera. She held Sehun's hand while being very energetic and cheerful.

A door bell rang before the first meal was served. Sehun's nervousness became more obvious when he heard the door opened. Sera and her parents looked confused of who was the other guest.

"Changmin!" Sera's mother called. Sehun looked at his guests and they looked surprised to see who was the other guest. Sera froze in her seat and didn't dare to turn around. Sehun let go Sera's hand gently and stood up to shake Changmin's hand. There was a tablet on his hand. Changmin bowed to the parents and glanced at Sera who still refused to look.

"Hello, Sera." Changmin sat two seats beside her.

Sera kept her gaze to the front. What is he doing here? And why Sehun invited him!"

Sera's parents seemed delighted to see Changmin as they chatted. Sehun sat in between Sera and Changmin. He gave a nod as a signal that it was time.

"I actually invited all of you not to have dinner," Sehun started. "but to talk about Sera."

Sera turned to Sehun immediately. Changmin smiled at Sera when their eyes met briefly. "Me?! What do you mean?"

Sehun looked at Sera. "Do you want to tell the truth about your scars or should we?"

Sera's mouth was opened. She was surprised and terrified at the same time.

"What truth? You fell, right?" her mother asked worriedly.

"Sera. What truth? Where did you get the scar? Did you lie to your own parents?" her father spoke.

Sera felt cornered and didn't know where to go. "I..."

"Just tell us the truth!" her father was getting annoyed. All eyes were on Sera but it wasn't the attention she liked. Her father turned to Sehun. "Tell me, Sehun."

Changmin set up the video on his tablet and handed it over to the elders. They had the same reactions while watching the video. The mother almost cried seeing them. Sera knew exactly what they were watching. After seeing the videos, the parents stared at Sera, who was sat in silent like a terrified little kid, with disappointment.

"Why?"

Sera didn't answer.

"Why did you do it, Sera?" Changmin asked.

Again, no answer.

"Tell us." It was more like an order from Sehun rather than a request.

"Fine! I'll tell you why." Sera adjusted her seat. "It's because of you, Sehun. I saw you with that peasant girl and I just realized that you don't belong with her or any other girl. You belong with me. I could see in your eyes that you still have feelings for me. I wanted you back. I pretended to be nice to Chanri all this time." Her face turned red slowly. "I want to be with you again, Sehun. I fell for you all over again." Tears started to build up in her eyes.

Sehun closed his eyes and sighed.

"I wanted to end my engagement so that I could be with you and the only way was to pretend that I was hurt. I knew you wouldn't just let me be. I knew you would help me and during that time, I tried to make you loved me again. As for your date and Chanri, I didn't do anything. You were the one who forgot the date and hurt her." She wiped the tears from her cheek.

"So you'd rather to be pitied than loved?" Sehun asked.

Sera looked at Sehun with her red eyes and nose. Her cheek was wet because of the tears. "If that's what it takes to be with you, yes."

"I can't believe this Chanri. Why would you do that to yourself? If you don't want to be with Changmin, you could just say tell him the truth. You lied to him and made him look like the bad guy." Sehun shook his head in disbelief.

"Don't act like you're innocent. You are no better than me. You lied to your girlfriend and hurt her too." Sera snapped.

"That's enough!" her father slammed his hand on the table. "You are almost 30 years old but you act like a 13 years old girl! Your mother and I are so disappointed in you, Sera."

"This behavior is not healthy for you, Sera." Changmin said with a calm voice. "You cannot always get everything you want."

"Changmin is right." Sehun agreed. "Go to therapy or something. We talk about this because we care about you and want to help you to be a better person."

Sera pouted and bit her lips. She felt ashamed and embarrassed of herself. She stood up and went to the bathroom.

"Changmin, Sehun, I'm sorry for all the trouble my daughter caused." Sera's mother said.

"It's fine." Changmin said with a smile.

"Don't worry. I'll make sure she will not cause you any trouble anymore. She needs a long and deep therapy session." her father told and then made a call.

 

"I'm sorry for all the mess." Sera bowed in front of Changmin and Sehun. "Both of you are a great guy. You deserve someone who is much better than me."

Changmin pulled Sera into a hug. "If you need anything, you can always count on me." He kissed her in forehead.

"I'm really sorry, Sehun." she said as she turned to Sehun.

Sehun smiled and hugged her. "I know you are a good person. Get better soon and don't be shy to call me anytime."

Sehun and Changmin bid goodbye to Sera and her parents. Sehun felt relieved and sad at the same time. Of course Sera would always have a special place in both of the guys' heart.

"Thanks." Sehun shook Changmin's hand. "For telling me."

"No worries. Thank you too." Changmin smiled. "For not punching me in the club the other day."

Sehun laughed.

•••

It felt like a huge pile of burdens was lifted up from Sehun's shoulder. However, there were still two things he needed to take care of: Chanri and Kai. He wanted to apologize to both of them. Sehun needed to explain to them and he knew it wouldn’t be easy, especially with Chanri.



{A/N}

FINALLY! You guys know what's happening behind all the mess. I'm sorry if this chapter isn't the way you expected to be because I was rushing to get this chapter done so I could write my new story. :) If you have any questions, leave it in the comment and I'll answer it as soon as possible. Chapter 32 is still in progress so hopefully I can finish it ASAP. 

Speaking of my new story, chapter one is up!! Subscribe it to keep updated <3

Then There's You

xoxo