Twenty

Fall For You

The Party

 

"How do I look?"

Sehun and Eujin glanced up and saw Chanri with a body-tight black dress. There was a smile on Eujin's face but Sehun furrowed his brows and frowned.

"Yes!"

"No."

They said at the same time. Sehun and Eujin exchanged a look.

"No!" Sehun repeated. "Too tight. No."

Eujin rolled their eyes while Chanri stared at her reflection in the mirror besides her. “Hm, I don’t think it’s too tight though. I kind of like the dress and how it makes me look skinnier.”

"I thought guys like seeing girls wearing tight and y clothes." Eujin asked.

"I like it." He blushed. "But I don't want other guys to check on her." Eujin and Chanri looked at each other for a second.

"So no for me. Go find something else to wear. It's just an engagement party and I don't feel like staying there for so long."

Chanri went to her closet and changed into another dress. Eujin still felt uncomfortable and awkward being alone with Sehun – the CEO – although Sehun had told her to act casually and relax.

"You're not playing with her right?" Eujin suddenly asked, giving him a don’t-mess-up-with-my-girlfriend glare.

Sehun turned to her. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, you're dead serious about being her boyfriend, right? You're not going to cheat on her or dump her, are you?"

Sehun slightly smiled which made Eujin more doubtful.

"Look. She's still new to relationship and boyfriend thing. I just don't want her to experience what I’ve experienced with my past boyfriends and I care about her – like sisterly care– so I want to make sure you will not hurt her emotionally or physically." Eujin continued.

"I give you my words that I will not cheat on her or dump her or do whatever that will make her sad." Sehun raised his hand as a vow.

Eujin narrowed her eyes. "I'll remember that." She said. "I don't care if you're a multi-billionaire person or even my boss, just remember if you break her heart, I won't hesitate to beat you in front of the clients."

Sehun smiled, again. He never knew Eujin could be full of threat and dangerous.

"How about this?" Chanri stepped out from the room. "Why you two look so serious?"

Eujin shook her head and smiled. "You look..."

"Beautiful. As ever." Sehun cut. He stood up and approached her. "Let's go."

"Wait! I haven't put on the make up." Chanri rushed into her room again, followed by Eujin. Sehun was back sitting on the couch.

After several minutes, they left the apartment and headed to the venue. From the outside, it could be seen that there were many people coming in and there were even more on the inside. Sehun spotted his friends on the drink section, their usual spot.

"Hey!!" Tao excitedly waved his hand up in the air. "You look gorgeous, Chanri."

Chanri bowed to them and smiled. Sehun pulled her closer.

"She's my girlfriend now." Sehun reminded.

"Where's Sera?" Chanri asked.

They looked at sea of people around them. "There!" Kris pointed out. "At the front."

"Let's go congratulate them." Chanri said.

Sehun followed her from behind. He recognized several people in there – some were his old friends and some were his clients – but he didn't have a chance to stop and greet them because Chanri kept walking. Sehun had difficulties moving between a lot of people whereas Chanri, even though wearing high heels, seemed easier to move. Sehun was impressed by how she quickly moved with those heels.

"Sera." Chanri tapped Sera's bare shoulder. She looked very stunning with the broken white dress wrapped on her slender body.

"Oh, Chanri!"

The ladies hugged each other as if they had known each other for years. Changmin, Sera's fiancé, shook hands with Sehun.

"Congratulations." Sehun said politely.

"Thank you." Changmin smiled and nodded at him.

"Thank you for coming." Sera said with a huge smile on her face. "Your table is over there." Sera pointed to the table on the second row from the stage. Sera's eyes then moved to Sehun. They looked at each other for a moment.

"Congrats." Sehun extended his hand and shook hands with her.

"Thank you." Sera smiled at him.

That smile. Sehun mentally said. It was definitely not a joyful or satisfied smile. Sehun felt something wrong but he could not tell or guess what it was.

•••

After seating down, they were served with three fancy meals. Sehun's close friends, Sehun and Chanri were sitting on the same table. A few minutes later, the host began to speak, opening the party. He then called Sera and Changmin to join him on the stage. They looked perfectly fit together, Chanri thought.

"What's Changmin's job?" Tao, who was sitting beside Sehun, asked to Kai who sat beside him.

Kai shrugged. Tao asked again, this time to everyone on the table.

"I don't know." Kris replied. He took a sip on his drink.

"I never hear his name until Sera introduced him." Luhan told.

"Mysterious guy." Chanyeol commented.

Sehun remembered the incident at the alley. It wasn't like he cared about her or wanted to interfere their life but Sehun had an intuition that Changmin wasn't a very nice guy.

"Sehun?"

"Hu? What?"

"What are you thinking?" Chanri looked worried.

Sehun shook his head and smiled. "Nothing."

"I want to go to bathroom." Chanri stood up. Sehun was about to stand up when Chanri said, "No need to accompany me. I'll be right back."

"Five minutes. If you're not coming back in five minutes, I'll break into the ladies room." Sehun said jokingly.

Chanri rolled her eyes and went away.

"Hey, Sehunnie." Chanyeol called while Changmin told a story of how he met Sera for the first time.

Sehun turned his head to him, looking uninterested.

"Do you still have feeling for her? Even it is only a tiny feeling. Do you have it?"

What the hell? "No." Sehun's answer was bold, straight, and simple.

"Really? Not even a really tiny one?"

"None." Sehun said.

Kai snorted. "It took you two years to confess and a few years to forget her."

Sehun ignored him. His mind recalled his time with her. They were young and ignorant. They didn't care about anything else except for each other. For Sehun, there were only the two of them and the rest was a blur.

"Do you regret being his boyfriend?" Tao innocently asked. Kris snorted quietly.

Sehun could not answer for a moment. He was happy with her, to be honest. She was his first love, first kiss and first heartbreak. It was a bittersweet memory for him. "No." Sehun softly answered but his friends could catch the answer very clear.

They made a mocking sound to him. Sehun let out a sigh and stood up. "I'm going to get my girlfriend." Sehun emphasized the word girlfriend.

Sehun smiled at the people whom he knew while making a way to the restroom.

"Chanri? Are you there?" Sehun knocked the restroom’s door and tried to hear the sound. "Chanri?"

The door was opened and Chanri came out. She stumbled back a little as she saw Sehun in front of the door. "Sehun! What are you doing?"

"I'm looking for you. I thought you were passed out or something."

"It's not even five minutes yet."

Sehun smiled. "I know and I miss you already." He put his hand on her back and pushed her gently. "Let's go back."

•••

"Hello, everyone!"

Everyone turned around. Sera was standing in there with a smile. She took a step forward and joined in the circle.

"Congratulations again, Sera." Luhan said. He raised his glass up. "Let's make a toss for our dearest friend Sera."

Everyone raised their glass, including Sehun and Chanri. They tossed their glass with each other. “For Sera and Changmin!”

"Don't drink too much." Sehun whispered as Chanri took a sip of her champagne.

"It's you who aren't supposed to drink too much. You still have to drive." Chanri scolded back.

Sehun smirked and he drank all his drink in one shot. "I have a high tolerance of alcohol, Miss Jung." He planted a quick kiss on her head.

Sera was secretly watching the couple and felt jealous.

"Chanri?" Sera moved closer to Chanri and touched Chanri's arm gently. Chanri turned around.

"May I borrow Sehun for a moment, please? I need to talk about something with him."

Chanri looked at Sehun who looked unsure. Her gaze back at Sera who seemed like she was begging. "Yeah, sure. Take your time." She didn't want to allow it actually because she was worried that Sera might steal him back. No, she’s engaged! To a handsome and high profile man, even!

"I don't want."

"Go. I'll be fine here with your friends." Chanri persuaded Sehun.

"I can't leave you with them, especially with Kai and Tao." Kai and Tao rolled their eyes.

"They will not harm me. Now go. You don't want to make the lady of the night upset right?" Chanri forced smiling at him.

this. "Fine." Sehun kissed Chanri's forehead before moving out from the circle along with Sera.

Chanri saw them walking away. She felt curious and anxious. What is she going to talk about? What happen if Sehun falls in love with her again? What happen if she brainwashes Sehun so he will break up with me?

"Don't worry." Luhan noticed her worriedness. "Nothing will happen between them."

Chanri nodded. But still.

•••

"What?" Sehun coldly asked. They were at the quietest room in there where no one would pass by it.

Sera stared at Sehun with sad and hurt feeling. Sehun tried to avoid her eye contact. He didn't want to do anything involving her in his life anymore. Their relationship was over long time ago.

"I miss you, Sehunnie."



{A/N}

Hello! First of all, I am sorry for kept you all waiting for years! I was so lost and felt unmotivated to write until the last two days ago. I was just wanted to check on the site and my profile. I did not expect to have many subscribers and viewers fo this story especially. Additionally, I felt bad for keeping you guys hanging like that and waiting for SO LONG! I am truly sorry again. I do not know if you guys are still willingly to re-read my story again after so many years but I hope you will :) 

Hopefully, I will keep update this story until it is completed! Enjoy reading and don't forget to leave a comment so that I know what are your thoughts :D

 

xoxo