Thirty Two

Fall For You

The Closure

Kai changed his position while calmly listening to Sehun’s explanation. His facial expression was the same for the entire time which made Sehun became more nervous.

“So, that’s it.” Sehun said. “That’s the entire story.”

No response.

“I’m sorry.” Sehun looked straight to Kai’s eyes, as if begging for forgiveness and help.

Kai sighed. “I doubt she’ll forgive you that easily.”

“I know.”

“Look, we have been friends for years now and this isn’t the first time you did something stupid. I know you are a good man but not the smartest one.” Sehun and Kai chuckled together. “I don’t need your sorry. I need you to explain what you have just told me to her and ask for her forgiveness, beg if you should. It may not be easy, though, but I’m sure she’ll listen.”

Sehun nodded. “Thank you. The problem is I don’t know how I’ll make her see me again. I’m probably the guy she hates the most in the entire universe.”

Kai smiled. “True. I’ll help you with that. Just don’t mess it up this time.”

•••

Chanri drank her fifth cup of coffee and it was ten o’clock in the evening. She refreshed her email one more time, waiting for a new email for whichever companies that she applied work for. She knew that there won’t be any new emails coming in during night time but it was better than watching TV or doing anything else. She didn’t want to sleep either because she would have nightmares.

Her phone was ringing and she didn’t pick it up right away. Scared. Chanri waited until it went off but it rang again the next second. She took a deep breath and looked at her phone’s screen. Deep inside her heart, she was hoping to see Sehun’s name but she knew if he called, she wouldn’t answer him. Kai?

“Chanri?” Kai said on the other side.

“Hello.”

“Did I wake you up?”

“Uh, no. What’s wrong?” Kai rarely called her at night but he had been checking up on her since the break up with Sehun. Chanri was glad that she had Kai but it never came across her mind that she and Kai would ever became more than friends.

“Are you busy this Saturday?”

Chanri opened up her calendar on her laptop. “No. Why?”

“Good. Let’s have dinner. There’s this new restaurant in downtown and I’m dying to try it.”

“Umm.”

“Come on, Chanri! You haven’t been out for weeks and it’s not healthy, you know. You need some fresh air.” Kai persuaded.

Chanri sighed. “Ok, fine.”

“Great! I’ll pick you up at six, then.”

•••

Should I just cancel it? But if I cancel it, Kai will be sad and disappointed. Ugh. It was half past five and Chanri hadn’t changed yet. She kept having a second thought about going out. She wasn’t ready to go out but she knew she needed to someday. She wouldn’t want to be locked up in her tiny apartment and be miserable about a breakup. Finally, Chanri decided to pick a dress out and got ready. She realized something when she looked herself on the mirror. She looked miserable as if it wasn’t her on the reflection. Chanri hated herself for being like an angst teenager.

“Ok, Chanri. From now on, you will not cry or be sad about some guy who broke your heart. He’s not worth it. Right now, you will go out from this apartment and be the happy Chanri you used to be. You will have a good night and dinner. You are a strong woman, Chanri!” Chanri said to herself.

•••

“You look nice.” Kai smiled as Chanri approached him, leaning on his car. Chanri smiled and hugged him. Kai opened up the door for her.

Kai kept the conversation lightly during the ride. Chanri didn’t talk much for the first few minutes but it got better when they almost arrived. Chanri looked out from the window and saw a quite long line outside a restaurant.

“Is that the new restaurant?” Chanri pointed.

“Yes.” Kai made the left turn to the valet service.

“Are you sure we’re going to get a table? It’s a long line.”

Kai unbuckled his seat belt and laughed. “You are funny, Chanri. Come on, let’s go!”

A valet opened Chanri’s door while Kai gave his car key and some money to another valet. As they walked past the line, Chanri could feel the jealousy stares from people in line.

“Apparently, I am a good friend of the owner. So, why wait in line when you can just call the owner and ask for a table.” Kai winked. “Oh!”

Chanri looked at Kai. “What? Why?”

“I forgot my wallet in the car.” Kai said. “Go ahead first while I’m going back to get my wallet. The reservation is under my name.”

“But…” Kai had jogged away before Chanri could finish the sentence. Chanri stood still for a few seconds, then went inside the restaurant. It was a fancy restaurant and every staff was busy serving the people. “Reservation for Kai, please.” The lady took a quick glanced at Chanri and checked her tablet.

“This way please.” She escorted her to another room that Chanri assumed it was the VIP room. “Enjoy your dinner, Miss.” The lady closed the door as Chanri stepped in.

Chanri quickly froze as if it was her natural instinct when she saw Sehun sitting down in the VIP room. Her heart began to beat faster and her fingers clutched her purse so tightly. She stared at Sehun without blinking. As Sehun stood up, Chanri took a step back.

“Chanri.”

Honestly, Chanri missed that soothing voice of his. The way he called her name was as if he begged her for something. Chanri almost took her guard off but then realized Sehun was making another move.

“Don’t go.” Sehun said. “Please.”

“What do you want?”

Sehun took a small step at a time.

“Don’t you dare take another step forward.”

He stopped and stood still. They spent five minutes staring at each other without speaking. For a second, Chanri regretted agreeing with Kai. She should’ve known that Kai was up to something when calling her that night. He never called her that late. She felt so stupid and gullible.

“I’m sorry for showing up this way. Don’t blame Kai. I was the one who asked for his help.”

“What do you want?”

“I want to talk with you. I want to explain everything to you.”

“No.” Chanri turned around to face the door and her hand reached the handle.

“Wait.”

Chanri didn’t move.

“You don’t need to eat with me or even sit down but please hear my explanation.” Sehun begged. “Please, Chanri. I need to tell you the truth. After that, it’s up to you. If you want me gone, I’ll be gone and you will not see me ever again. You can do whatever you want and I will follow your wish. Just please hear me out first.”

Chanri hesitantly let go of her hand from the handle and turned around. Sehun’s face was full of guilt. “Fine.” She head to the chair and took a sit. Sehun felt relief and sat down across her.

•••

Sehun started from the start, leaving nothing but the truths. He stopped a few times when he felt it was becoming a little bit too much for Chanri, then continued again. Sehun looked at Chanri the entire time but she sometimes kept her head down while listening.

“When I first saw her again, all the feelings that I used to have for her was coming back slowly. She was my first love and when she told me all the lies, I was blind and dumb for trusting her all over again. I took my time to think of everything, especially about my feelings. Then I realized that I didn’t love her. I was once madly in love with her but that was a long time ago. I just loved the idea of her and I being together because I never really had that. I also realized that she and I were never going to work out.” Sehun paused. “Chanri, I know I am a jerk for hurting you like this. I will understand if you cannot forgive me. I know my explanation of my feeling but I just want you to know that it isn’t her that I love. It’s you, Chanri. I love you and I’m truly sorry.” He paused again. Chanri didn’t look up; her gaze was kept down.

Chanri didn’t say anything for a while. She couldn’t even think properly. All the information she just received was too much. “You hurt me so badly.”

Sehun closed his eyes. “I’m sorry.”

Chanri wanted to speak up but it was no use. She didn’t want to be the victim forever and let him pity her. She didn’t need to explain what he had caused because that wouldn’t change anything. She also had made a promise to herself that she wouldn’t cry anymore and be a happy and strong woman. Chanri intended to keep that promise. Yes, he hurt me like hell but I don’t want him to carry the guilt and watch him sad forever. I love him too much that all I want is him to be happy. Chanri glanced up and said, “I forgive you.”

Sehun was surprised.

“I forgive you.” Chanri repeated.

“Thank you.” He couldn’t hide his relief and happiness.

“But we can’t be together for now, at least.” Sehun’s expression was changed completely. Chanri leaned her body forward and held Sehun’s hands. His hands were cold and a little bit shaky. “I can’t. I need to move on with my life. I don’t want to be broken, sad, and miserable for the rest of my life and right now when I look at you, all I see is the pain that you caused me. I need time and you do as well. I am not ready to jump into a relationship with you again and forget about everything right away. It’s not easy for me. I love you, Sehun. I really do but we can’t be together right now. We both are too broken now.”

Sehun tried his best not to cry. He held Chanri’s hand so tightly and kissed it. “I’ll wait. I’ll wait for you, until you are ready.”

Chanri shook her head. “Don’t wait because we don’t know how long it’s going to take.”

Sehun forced a smile. “I will wait for you. We know when the right time comes.”

Chanri smiled back at him.

“I love you, Chanri.”



{A/N}

IT'S NOT DONE YET!!! the next chapter will be the last one though. I hope you are ready to end this long story :) 

Btw, I'm back! Finallyyy!!! Sorry it took SOOOOO long guys! *bow*

I decided to put my other story down (then there's you) and I got a new story! It's Luhan's turn now. So, go subscribe to keep updated! It's a one shot story.

Don't forget to subscribe and upvote! :)

The Night He Falls In Love