Sixteen

Fall For You

Taken care

"No."

Sehun glared at Chanri for a while. He leaned back to his chair while Chanri sitting on the edge of the bed. He crossed his hands and let out a long sigh. "You haven't fully recovered and I'm staying here."

Chanri pouted. Surely she felt much better this morning but Sehun was too stubborn to let her go to work.

"Mr. Oh is right, Chanri." Eujin, who was leaning against the wall, agreed. "You should have more bed rest. I don't want you to get sick again. It's not fun at work without you." She moved closer.

Chanri sighed and looked at the clock beside her bed. "Aren't you supposed to be at work?"

Eujin and Sehun checked the clock.

"Oh, right!" Eujin hurriedly went out. "Get well soon, Chanri!" She grabbed her bag and gave a polite nod to Sehun. "Mr. Oh."

Sehun nodded back. Chanri stared at Sehun with confused look. "What?"

"Why are you still here?"

Sehun raised a brow. "What do you mean? You want me to go?"

"No, I mean... You have many business to be dealt with so..." Chanri shrugged. Sehun only left her about two hours or so yesterday night after Eujin came and then he stayed over night in her apartment, sleeping on the couch. She felt bad for keeping him like that.

"Don't worry. I have everything under control." Sehun smiled. "I don't want to leave you alone. Call today as my special day off."

"I feel so much better right now, Sehun. You don't have to be worried about me that much." Chanri ensured him. "Go to work and do your job. I'll be fine."

Sehun narrowed his eyes and shook his head.

"Please. I'll feel really bad if I keep you like this." Chanri pouted.

Sehun sighed. "Fine." Chanri smiled widely. "I'll go to work. Three hours only." Sehun stood up and again he saw the invitation. "Keep your phone close with you. Call me if you need anything. Not Miss Ahn but me."

Chanri nodded.

"One more thing," Sehun added. "I have something to discuss with you later. Take some rest. See you soon."

Chanri twitched her brows. What can it be? "Bye."

•••

"How are you?" Sehun put one hand in his pocket. He gazed at the outside view from the window glass.

"Sehun, you call me every ten minutes and asking the same thing." Chanri sounded annoyed.

"Well, anything can happen within ten minutes. How do you feel?"

"I'm perfectly fine." Chanri replied.

"Is everything ok?"

Chanri hummed. "Not really."

Sehun turned around and ready to rush out from his office. "What? What happened?"

"My neighbor's cat just died." Chanri said in a flat tone and then came her laughter.

"Gosh, Chanri!" Sehun took a deep breath.

Chanri kept laughing. She slowly stopped laughing when there was no sound on the other line. Chanri looked at the phone screen, making sure whether it was still connected or not. "Sehun? Are you mad?"

"Why do you stop?" Sehun asked back.

"Stop what?"

"Laughing." Sehun said. "I love hearing your laugh. You never laugh like that before."

"Oh." Chanri blushed. She didn't say anything for a second. "How's everything in the company?"

Sehun sat down on his chair. "Under control but I'm sure Mrs. Park is missing you. You're her new favorite person."

Chanri giggled. "What did she say?"

"She told me how good your work is and how hard-working you are. She said nice things about you and I think maybe I will promote you to a higher level."

"Promote me?" Chanri seemed surprised.

"Hmm." Sehun nodded. "You can be my new assistant."

Chanri gasped. "What about your current assistant?"

"I'll think about her later."

"No." Chanri said. "I'm just an intern for three months and still inexperience."

"I will recruit you again." Sehun smiled victoriously. "You belong here, in my place, with me."

There were knocks on the door which interrupted Sehun. Sehun looked up and saw Jandi, his assistant, came in.

"Sir, your eleven thirty meeting is here." She informed.

Sehun looked at his watch. "Chanri?"

"Hm? You have a meeting right?" Chanri wished she had more time talking with her. She felt a bit closer with him every minute.

"Yes. It is my last meeting for today and then I'm going to meet you." Sehun stood up. He gestured Jandi to go without him. "I miss you, Chanri. Take care."

Chanri felt her heart skipped a beat. She pursed her lips and gathered all her courage. "I miss you too."

Sehun could feel his body tensed. He tried to absorb what just she said. Did she just say...? She misses...me? Is this for real? "I’ll see you very soon.”

•••

Sehun shook his hand with the entrepreneurs. He fixed his suit before leaving the meeting room. "Good day, ladies and gentlemen." Sehun greeted with a polite nod. He hurriedly grabbed his things and headed to the basement where he parked his car. He looked at the clock and it was 1pm.

! The meeting took longer time than he expected. It's only about a fundraising, why they had to talk about so many unrelated things? Sehun liked working and having a new business deal but this time wasn't the right time. His main priority was Chanri right now.

About ten minutes later, Sehun arrived at her apartment. He walked quickly to her flat. He knocked on the door few times. Chanri opened the door and in one swift motion, Sehun embraced her tightly. Chanri stumbled back which made Sehun moved forward.

"I miss you." Sehun whispered.

Chanri couldn't move her body even for one centimeter. She was locked between his strong and muscular arms. She could smell his significant fragrance – manly and strong.

Sehun squeezed her one more time before pulled away. He rested his hands on her back. Sehun stared at her face. "You look paler. Have you eaten your lunch?"

"Not yet. I'm...kind of waiting for you." Chanri blushed and looked down. Her hair fell down and covered her face partly.

Sehun smiled blissfully. He lifted her head and moved her hair away from her face. "Thank you." He said. "Do you mind if we just order in some food? You are not in a good condition so I think it’s better to stay and eat in here."

Chanri shook her head.

"What do you want to eat?"

"Anything will do."

Sehun took out his phone and made a call to one restaurant and ordered some food whereas Chanri walked and rested on the couch. She didn't feel tired anymore. She felt happy and relaxed now.

Sehun joined her and sat beside her. He placed a hand on her forehead. "Do you take your medicine regularly?" 

"Yes, Mom."

Sehun nodded. "Good."

"So..." Chanri played with her own fingers. "What do you want to talk about?"

Sehun turned to her. "I want to talk about the invitation."

Chanri furrowed her brows. "Which invitation?" Sehun didn't reply. "Oh! You mean Sera's engagement party?"

"Yeah, that one." Sehun answered bitterly.

"What about it?"

"Are you going to come?"

Chanri shrugged. "Maybe. Why? You're coming too right?"

"If you're coming, I will come with you too but I hope you change your mind." Sehun told. He even forgot where he put the letter. He won't let her come to a party alone.

"Why?" Chanri titled her head. She knew about their past relationship but it wasn't the full story. "You don't like her? She's a nice woman and beautiful."

Sehun scoffed. "You are much more beautiful and nicer than her. Believe me."

Chanri rolled her eyes.

"One more thing." Sehun said. He seemed so serious and concerned. "I booked you a flight."

"I don't understand, Sehun. What flight?" Chanri looked confused yet surprised.

"A plane flight to your birth city." Sehun calmly said.

"What? Why?"

The doorbell rang before Sehun could reply. "Ah, it must be the food." Sehun stood up and Chanri followed. "Sit down. I'll get it." Sehun opened the door. The deliveryman placed the food on the dining table. There were many dishes which made Chanri stared at Sehun in disbelief. Sehun paid the bill and closed the door.

"Why did you book me a flight?" Chanri asked again while Sehun made his way to the dining table. Chanri sat across him. "Why?"

"I just thought you probably miss them – your family, and I'm sure you haven't seen them for a while." Sehun explained.

"I still don't get it." Chanri sat back.

Sehun sighed. "You talked in your sleep yesterday when I came. You called your mother and dad several times."

"I did? What did I say?"

Sehun moved to the kitchen and took two plates and chopsticks. He gave one to Chanri. "Something I didn't understand. It doesn't matter. You will be visiting them next week during the national holiday."

"How much?" Chanri began to eat. Sehun glanced up with a raised brow. "The flight cost? I want to return your money."

Sehun chuckled. "It doesn't cost a penny, Chanri. We'll be taking a private jet."

"You mean your private jet?"

Sehun shrugged and smiled mischievously.

"You're just too much. You don't have to waste so much money for me, Sehun." Chanri complained.

"If that is the cost for me to make you mine, I'll pay any amount." Sehun smiled innocently.

Chanri blushed but shook it off. "Are you coming with me?"

"Of course!" Sehun said. "Now let's eat."

"Thank you."

Sehun smiled.

•••

"You're at her house again?" Luhan asked over the phone.

"Yes." Sehun answered. He took a look at Chanri who was watching a TV show comfortably, from the balcony.

"If you moved in with her, I'll buy your house." Tao said. Sehun was having a conference call with his friends. He missed having fun with his friends.

"Over my dead body, Huang." Sehun coldly answered.

"Ya! Come to the club now!" Kai, who was on the phone too, told. "Bring your pretty girl with you too."

"She's not fully recovered yet and I will not bring Chanri there. Not with you guys."

"Bring me where?" Chanri suddenly appeared behind Sehun.

Sehun startled. "Uh, umm..." Then his friends began to shout greetings to her, loud enough until she could hear.

"Who is that?" Chanri asked in a low voice.

"My dumb friends."

His friends shouted a protest. Chanri giggled. "I'm hanging up now."

"Ya, ya, ya! Come here now!" Chanyeol said.

"Oh Sehun, get your here." Kris spoke with his infamous cool voice.

Sehun hung up before they threw shouts again.

"Are you going somewhere?" Chanri asked.

"No. What are you doing in here? It's cold in here." Sehun held her hand and brought her in.

"Bring me where, Sehun?"

"To our usual hang out place. They want me to go there."

"Then you should go."

"With you." Sehun continued.

"Oh."

Sehun shook his head. He wouldn't bring her to the club with any condition because the last time he was there, he was half drunk. Sehun moved closer to her and cupped her face with his both hands. "I don't want to risk anything, especially when it comes to you."


[A.N]

What will happen on the next chapter is what you have been waiting for :) 

xoxo