Four

Fall For You

Date

"Hello."

"Sehun!"

"Hi, Mom." Sehun excused himself out from the restaurant, near the company. "What's wrong?"

"You will join the party this weekend, right? I just want to make sure." His mother asked.

Party? Oh right!

"Don't tell me you forget your own father's birthday, Sehun." She sighed.

"No, no. I remember it, Mom. I just... I don't think..."

"No." Her mother snapped at him. "You will come. I don't want to hear your excuse. You missed his birthday last year and my birthday as well, so no more excuses, young man. Come or I will drag you by myself in front of your employees."

Again with the dragging threats?

Sehun groaned in a low voice. He hated when his mother started threatening him.

Saturday? What day is today? Sehun checked his watch. Thursday. "Fine. I will come." He sounded helpless. "What time?"

Sehun could sense his mother smiling on the other line. "That's my boy. The party starts at 6, come early. I miss you."

"I miss you too, Mom." Sehun admitted.

His mother talked again about something but his concentration was blurred when a young woman caught his attention. She was just across the street, walking and chatting with her friend. She looked so fresh and beautiful.

"Chanri..." Sehun accidentally muttered her name.

"What is that, Sehun? I can't hear you. Speak louder, dear."

.

"Ugh, nothing."

"Hmm..." His mother hummed. "Don't forget, Sehun! 6pm, Saturday. I have talked to your assistant to cancel all your appointments."

"You don't have to do that, Mom." Sehun complained. "Don't worry, Mom. I will be there."

After exchange goodbyes, Sehun hung up. He truly missed his family. It had been a while since he met them. His mother was a caring, concerned and gentle lady whereas his father was a fun, understanding, and protective man. He very looked up to his father the most. His brother was one of his biggest inspirations too. Sehun wouldn't be as successful as now if it weren’t because of his brother. He was the one who encouraged him to start build his own business and today was the result.

Sehun took a glimpse at Chanri who was already entered the building before went back. Then an idea came up to his brain.

 

 

From: xxxxxxxxxx

Please come to the basement after work.

Sehun.

Chanri stared at her phone for a minute.

How does he know my number?

Chanri replied with an 'OK' without questioning any questions. She continued with her working for another few hours until the sky was dark enough to go home.

She bid a goodbye to Eujin and headed to basement directly. The basement made her a bit scared for no reason.

"Hi."

Chanri startled. "You scare me."

"Sorry." Sehun smiled at her expression.

"It's ok. So...what's wrong?"

Sehun seemed nervous and shy all of a sudden. It wasn't like him at all. "Can – "

"Wait." She stopped him. "How do you know my number?"

I know she will ask this.

"I have an important and quite high position in here so...I know how to get your number." Sehun fluently said his reason. He had thought about his reason before he texted her.

"I see..." Chanri nodded innocently. "Are you working as a spy?"

Sehun laughed at her statement. "A spy?" He couldn't stop laughing.

"Are you?"

"No, Chanri. Why would I be?" Sehun shook his head and chuckled. "Anyway, can I drive you home again?"

Chanri tilted her head. "Why?"

Sehun shrugged. "I want to."

"But my house is far from here."

"I have time." Sehun grabbed her wrist gently. "Come on."

Chanri wanted to reject the offer but said no word. Sehun opened the door and let her in.

"Seatbelt, please." Sehun reminded.

Chanri put the seatbelt on. She still felt awkward being with him alone. Chanri wasn't used to be alone with a boy, except with her father and her little brother who was still ten years old.

"How was your day?" Sehun started the conversation.

"Busy and fun. You?"

"Busy and boring." Sehun replied. He drove a bit slower than the last time. He wanted to spend more time with her, hopefully she didn't notice. "Have you had your dinner?"

Chanri shook her head.

"Let's have a dinner first then. I know a good place to eat." Sehun made a U turn and increased the speed.

 

The restaurant was a fine dining restaurant, which looked so fancy. Chanri felt shy just by looking all the rich people inside. They were dressed formally whereas Chanri...she didn't wear anything fancy.

"Mr. Sehun, this way please." The waiter led the way to somewhere more private place.

"Thank you." Chanri bowed a little to the waitress who helped her sitting down.

The waitress gave them the menu.

"What do you want to have?"

Chanri looked at every food on the menu carefully.

The price! Do I have the money? Chanri gasped. The price was not reasonable and rational to her opinion.

"Don't think about the prices. Just order what you like. My treat." Sehun told her.

"But...it's too...expensive."

"The bill is on me. Don't worry."

Chanri pursed her lips. After looking through every page again and again, Chanri ordered the cheapest meal. Even the cheapest is still expensive.

"Do you often eat in here?" Chanri asked.

"Not really."

"Is this one of Mr. CEO's properties?"

Mr. CEO? It sounded funny and weird for Sehun. He held his chuckle. "Yes. How do you know?"

Chanri shrugged. "Lucky guess, I think. I know though, that he owns many properties."

She knows a lot.

"Tell me about yourself, Chanri."

Chanri bit her lips, uncertain. "Well, there's nothing special about me. I'm a careless and a bit clumsy girl. I can be very annoying sometimes and moody."

Sehun smiled a little. "How about your family?"

"My parents and my brother live in Busan. They are my everything." Chanri gave him a long smile. "How about you?"

The waitress poured the drink on both glasses. Sehun took a sip. "What do you want to know?"

"You. Describe yourself."

"I'm 25 years old. I can be a stubborn and persuasive man. Like you, my family live separately from me and my brother, and I love them."

25?! He looks so young!

"How old are you, Chanri?"

"21."

"You look more like a sixteen year-old teenager." Sehun chuckled.

"I take that as a compliment. Thank you."

Two waitresses came in and brought the food. They ate while talking more about their daily life and routines. Sehun carefully not to talk about his real identity – he didn't want to reveal himself now. He liked when someone treated him as Sehun not Mr. Oh.

At first, Chanri hesitated talking about her life and childhood but in the end something made her talked. Sehun felt a pure enjoyment listening to her stories. He paid so much attention to every word that came out from .

"Can I ask a question?" Sehun asked.

Chanri took a teaspoonful of her ice cream. "Sure."

"Are you with someone right now? You know...like in a special relationship." Sehun felt unease asking such question.

Chanri giggled. "You mean a boyfriend?"

"Umm, yeah...something like that."

Chanri smiled and shook her head. "I don't have."

He secretly smiled.

She ate another spoon of ice cream while Sehun left his dessert untouched. "Sehun, your ice cream will melt if you don't eat it sooner."

Sehun was more interested watching her eating the ice cream. "You want mine?"

"No, thanks. It's yours."

"You can have it if you want." Sehun shoved the small plate towards her.

Chanri shook her head. "I'm full already." She pushed back the plate. "How about you? I bet you have a girlfriend."

Sehun twitched his eyebrows. "What makes you think that way?"

She shrugged. "You are a gentleman, kind, polite, and attractive. You seem like a rich guy – I don't know."

"So you think I'm a gentleman, kind, polite and attractive?" Sehun gave a playful smile.

Chanri blushed and kept her head down. She felt so embarrassed talking so blunt in front of him.

I should buy a filter!

"I don't have a girlfriend but thanks for your sweet compliments." Sehun was never been into a relationship after breaking up with Sera – his first love. He shut his heart since then but not until he met Chanri.

Chanri took a peek and saw a smiling Sehun that made her blushed even more. Sehun checked his watch and it was very late. As much as he hated going home and being away from her, Sehun had a responsibility to take her home.

"Let's go!" Sehun stood up and fixed his suit.

"Your ice cream?"

Sehun stared at the ice cream. "It's ok. Just leave it."

She just stayed quiet and stood up. That was the most expensive ice cream Chanri ever ate but not to Sehun. It cost like a penny for him.

"The bill, Sehun?" Chanri reminded him.

Smart girl. "I'll take care of it. Don't worry." Sehun had to admit that Chanri was an observant and a detailed person. She observed everything around her and without doubt, she could describe it specifically.

 

"If I want to take you for a date – dinner, I mean – this Saturday, what do you think?" Sehun nervously asked.

Chanri played with her fingers on her lap. "I think it is a very nice of you."

He turned to her. "So you will go out with me?"

"Maybe. I don't have any plans this weekend."

"Great." Sehun couldn't wait to introduce her to his family.

"But..."

No.

"I don't have a formal outfit. I felt like a beggar in that restaurant with this kind of outfit." Chanri mocked herself.

Oh! Sehun took a quick glance of her. "Don't say that. You look fine."

Chanri bit her lips. "Am I allowed to go home early tomorrow? I want to visit some clothing stores first."

"Of course you are allowed." Sehun confidently said.

"Really? Or do I need to ask for Mr. CEO's permission first?"

I am Mr. CEO. Sehun thought for a while. "I have a better idea. Meet me in the basement tomorrow noon. Ok?"

"Where will you take me?"

"My friend's clothing store. He is a great fashion designer. I'll contact him." Sehun explained.

"Uh, is that...ok? I mean, you have so many work and so have I. I don't want to cause a trouble." Chanri seemed concerned. "Especially with Mrs. Park and Mr. CEO. We can lose our job."

Sehun held his laugh at her innocence and naïve. "You worry too much, Chanri. Just trust me, ok?"

Chanri hesitated but nodded. 


[A.N]

Hi! I hope you like this one :) :) Please, don't be a silent reader :( Your comments motivate me to update sooner! I really want to know what do you think of this story. Thank you so much for upvoting and subscribing and commenting! :D

xoxo