Looking Back

Destined

Two months ago, Autumn in New York

"I'm leaving the car." handing the key over to one of her favorite assistants John who looked very concerned. "I decided to walk, its been a while since I walked in the streets of New York." Giving him a warm smile.

"You're Dad might get worried, especially at this time you know what has been going on." he looked around as if making sure that no one hears them.

"Oh Cmon John! You and I both know I can take care of myself. And besides its Dad that I'm seeing so a few minutes walk won't hurt at all." she squeezed his shoulder.

"Be careful, and I'll still be watching." he said, she nodded in response and started walking. The Pharmaceutical Company was just 4 blocks away from her home and since this is her last day in New York after making that big decision, she decided to enjoy every single minute of it. Looking at the busy streets, the hongking of the vehicles here and there, the stores, her favorite coffee shop right across the street she knows that she's gonna miss this place that has been her home for the last 5 years.

She decided to go back to Asia in order to focus on what she always loved doing which is Music, after working for her father's company as a doctor/researcher for the last 8 years. She made sure that everything that was needed from her was finished before making this decision and thinking that it is about time to finally focus on her own happiness. She has been very accomplished as well in the Music industry as a stage director and choreographer. Anonymously, running her very own company which has been working with quite a few stars in the US and Europe. But now after years of so many offers in Asia she finally accepted an irresistable one and now her Dad is very concerned because this is the first time that she will be living far away from him. Its not like she's 18 years old that he's just playing an overprotective dad, but with what and who she is there are a million reasons why her Dad is worried sick at the moment.

She reached his office, seeing him behind his table seated, with the back of his chair facing her while he was looking at a picture hanging on the wall....It was a picture of them when she graduated in college. She cleared to break the silence "Is it just me, or are we being overly dramatic over this job offer that I accepted?"  she teased.

"This is no laughing matter Han." He snapped as he turned to look at her. "I know you are in more than the right age to decide for yourself, and I have to be very thankful that you never left our side even if you had to go through hell, but you could have at least discussed with me this sudden change that you would like to undertake."  her dad stated with a face full of worry.

"Dad, its not like I'm getting married, and I was not expecting for you to react this way when we both know that you almost shoved me all the way to Korea 2 years ago." rolling her eyes "And this is not a sudden change, I have been working in the Music industry for quite some time I just wanted to explore and achieve more that's it." she declared helplessly

"Achievement?! So working with Usher and Rihanna is not yet an achievement for you which is why you considered taking on K-pop right now? I just don't get it to be honest, but fine, I guess in the end I always need to give in, but in one condition...You should finally meet him." he replied looking at her straight into the eye.

"I knew this was coming, Look Dad, if we will meet then we surely will, I won't make any extra effort to do so, and I won't go barging into his life telling him that  Hey you're meant to be like this and blah blah, I won't do any of that. Just like what you said before, we were DESTINED right?! so things should happen on its own?" she replied almost laughing at the thought as if it was a big joke.

Her Dad's face turned into a very sad expression as he asked "Are you giving up on what you truly are? Was everything so painful for you that you can't find it in your heart the importance of your existence not only for me but for everyone else.?" 

"No Dad, I know very well what and who I am, and that's exactly why I'm doing this so that I won't live my life in regret." she answered back without even opening . In his mind, He heard her well and all he can do was close his eyes in defeat. She approached her father and gave him a warm Hug "I'll be fine, please trust me on this. I love you Dad." as he reciprocated the hug that she gave him.

------------------------------------------------------------

"That was delicious!!" Khun exclaimed holding his tummy in satisfaction. "I've always loved home-cooked meals and this is one of the best." he continued praising the food that was served.

"Alright enough patronizing." as she blushed with the non-ending compliment from this beautiful creature sitting beside her. He really looked like an Angel, his soft handsome features is very captivating, "No wonder he has millions of fans out there." she thought to herself.

"So where are you going next?" Khun asked. "Its just that, ummm I really don't have company and I'd love to spend more time with the kids, if its alright?" he asked avoiding her eyes.

"I'm actually bringing them back to the hospital because they have medications to take and I bet they are also tired with all that playing and walking that they did. We will be going on a trip to the crocodile farm tomorrow, would you like to join?." she asked

"Sure!" He answered immediately with excitement in his voice, "What time will that be?" as he then again flashed his beautiful smile.

"We need to be at the meet-up point at around 8am, Here, let me give you the address ." reaching inside her bag for a pen and paper.

Khun continued to stare at every move that she made, as he thought to himself, "This is really weird, I dunno what is it, but there is this certain type of attraction that I have for her, the feeling is unexplainable." Trying to snap out of his thoughts looking more confused.

She paused for a while, trying her best not to smile, at the same time feeling her heartbeat going faster as she read his thoughts. Then she handed out the piece of paper to him as she stood up from the wooden table. "Thank you for spending time with us today, See you tomorrow!" she smiled at him extending her hand for a handshake.

He shook her hand as if not wanting to let go. "Can't wait to see you again tomorrow, I mean you and the kids." he said correcting himself, looking embarrassed.

"Bye Bye Cutie Khunnie!." Lisa calls out. Khun approached her giving her a tight hug and continued doing it with the rest of the kids. As they started walking towards their vehicle waving their goodbyes to him, she gave him one last glance only to be entrapped again in a stare that seem to last for eternity, as the vehicle started to move putting it to an end.

Khun didn't know how he felt after she left. He was totally stuck at where he was standing for like 5 minutes as if he got paralyzed or something. One thing is for sure, he felt that sudden bolt of energy when they held each others' hand earlier. He felt that need of seeing her again. As if longing to feel the touch of her hand once more. He never felt this way before that's why he can't seem to move an inch with the experience that he had today. Snapping out of it. he realized that his heart was suddenly filled with so much joy that he felt he can do lots of cart wheels at that moment. 

Khun started to walk towards his hotel which is not that far from the beach, approaching the concierge he asked for the directions going to the meet-up place tomorrow. He is just so excited if only he can pull the hands of time. Reaching his doorstep, the door across his room opened, seeing his manager still rubbing sleep off his eyes . "Where have you been? I'm hungry and was waiting for you to come back, let's have lunch." he said in a sleepy voice "And what's with that weird smile on your face?" he asked

Khun gave a small laugh " Hyung, I've already eaten, I'm sorry." giving him an apologetic look " I was out with a group of kids and a girl, I had lots of fun at the beach, I can accompany you if you like?" Khun offered

"Kids and a Girl? Hmmmm your weaknesses, no wonder you look that way." he said laughing "It's fine I can eat on my own, go and take a rest, your skin is a bit burnt though, we should've brought someone to take care of your skin." he continued looking at his arm and neck.

"I will just apply the lotion for sunburn and it will eventually go back to normal, don't worry about it. And Thank you for letting me enjoy this vacation on my own. I feel a bit guilty leaving you all by yourself though." he gave a light squeeze on his manager's shoulder.

"Our forever sensitive Nichkhun, I'm a grown man so don't worry about me, just take advantage of this time 'coz you dunno when or if it will ever come again. Just make sure you stay out of trouble." he reminded as he turned around heading back into his room. "By the way, you look good today, continue whatever exercise you're doing OK? he continued talking while closing his door.

"I promise to be a good boy. See you later." as Khun entered his room as well. He locked the door,feeling a bit odd on his Manager's last words "What the hell was he talking about? he asked himself as he slowly removed his shirt, since it got all sweaty because of the enormous heat and walking, passing by the full-length mirror, he noticed something strange, he rubbed his eyes then took a second glance at his reflection.

"Woooaaahhh." he said in outmost shock, his body never looked this good since he trained for Men's Health, but now, it was like a complete duplicate of the body that he once had. Touching his chest, then down to his abs, he was actually shaking as his hand began to feel his arms. "Ok, I'm day dreaming, so this is what I get for having weird thoughts on a girl, not good." he muttered to himself as he went to take a quick shower.The cold water seem to have given the cue for his muscles to feel tensed, making it more noticeable. Ignoring everything that he felt while touching his body, he went straight into bed after dresiing-up in his usual sleeping shirt which seem tighter at that time in order to take a nap. "I'm sleeping this off." and in a matter of minutes he's already in a deep slumber.