Chosen

Destined

"Thank you Venice for coming over. I'm sorry that we had to go through so much trouble just to bring you here, but I have to make sure that nobody will be able to follow you." Dr. Rice explained asking Venice to take he seat.

"You don't have to explain, I perfectly understand, and I have been meaning to talk to you about some things as well. But first I just want to confirm to you Han's current condition." Venice said as she held both her hands together on her lap.

"Your team is right, she is experiencing the first stage of a turn. And I would be very honest, I am very confused, because based on the myth, if Han is considered as the Destined one together with Khun, and Aaron is the Dark Prince, she would've died the moment Aaron bit her. I don't know what you did, but it stopped the poison from killing her, however, we never thought that Aaron's venom would be so strong to be able to turn someone with one bite. Have you ran tests already and found out anything?" Venice asked Dr. Rice

"Yes we did, and what's weird is we cannot distinguish where the venom is at this point. The moment I drained her arm and even went as far as scraping off the wound, I'm pretty much sure that we got rid of it so this is why all these came as a surprise to me. Maybe I expected too much from what I did or more of we really don't know the extent of what Aaron's venom can do to her." Dr. Rice explained, as he flipped through the test results that were handed to him.

"With vampires, we really can't tell the extent of our powers, age, bloodline and etc can be factors on how strong or weak a vampire is. Almost the same as super humans. But we have already determined that super humans would only experience temporary vampirism when bitten by a powerful vampire with venom just like what happened to Taecyeon. By the way, how's his condition?" Venice asked thoughtfully.

"He's doing better, since he never got into a fight or anything that hypes him up, we never saw him turn into a vampire again. But with Taec he never craved for blood. Han's is different she craves for it. She's becoming weaker and experiences so much pain, so I tried to do blood transfusion which gives her temporary relief, should I let her drink blood instead?" Dr. Rice asked.

"NO! Please don't do that. Originally, humans that are to be turned should feed on their maker to turn them completely, but as we both agreed, we are not sure about the effect of Aaron's powers. And drinking or feeding on blood is a way of accepting that you are to become a vampire, so don't ever let her do that and with how I see it, I think even Han won't do it as well. She'd rather die of hunger than feed on blood. Though we all know that could put an end on all the pain that she is going through right now. Worst case scenario, if she can't endure this anymore, she might really die, at that point what do you intend to do?" Venice explained now looking straight at Dr. Rice's eyes.

"As Han's father I will do anything just to keep her alive, but as a superhuman I would have to go with Han's decision because it is her life, I already feel bad for bringing so much burden to her in the past and I wouldn't want her to spend the rest of her life in misery. For now, I really don't know how to answer your question Venice. I love my daughter too much." Dr. Rice was near tears while saying those words.

------------------------------------------------------

Eversince they arrived, he can't help but stare at how beautiful she is. Long black hair with soft and fair skin. Her lips was so red even without a lipstick. She looked as though she stepped out from some fairy-tale book.

"Hyung stop drooling over her." Wooyoung teased Taec as they both continued to look at the beautiful lady that was sitting outside the room where Dr. Rice and Venice was talking.

"Yeah, you should man, she's a vampire so its just normal that she'd be drop-dead gorgeous." Minjun chimed in.

"No she's different, I just feel that she's different." Taec murmured, as he continued to stare at her and finally caught her eye. They were locked in each others gaze for a few seconds when he decided to look-away.

"She's not different, she still blood. I am gonna go check on Han." Khun snapped, stood up and left the group.

"I think we should rest before we leave. Aren't you coming with us Taec-hyung?" Junho asked.

"You guys go ahead I'll just follow in a few." Taec said as all the others went to their resting quarters.

Taec gathered all his confidence as he started to move towards the pretty girl. "Hi! I'm Taec." he offered a handshake and flashed a beautiful smile.

"I'm Helena, its nice to meet you." she answered giving a faint smile. "Is there anything I can do for you?" she asked.

"Oh, nothing really, I was just wanting to meet you." Taec continued to look at her with twinkling eyes.

"I appreciate your friendliness but I am not a people person, I guess its quite obvious as to why I'm not." she said with a straight face.

"So does that mean being a vampire prohibits you from making friends?" Taec asked teasingly which managed to make her smile.

"Alright, what do you really want?" she asked again, trying hard to avoid Taec's eyes.

"I just really wanted to get to know you." Taec said softly, sitting beside Helena. And they started to talk casually about themselves, the getting-to-know each other questions.

"I heard you are still experiencing vampirism, I hope you'll get better soon." Helena said with all sincerity.

"You talk like being a vampire is a disease. I'm all good, I rarely feel it. Ot maybe that's the reason why I have this urge to make friends with you, vampiric senses?" Taec asked with a cute smile.

"Yeah, it is a dreadful disease." Helena's expression dimmed "I hope you can also tell your friend to stop his merciless killing of vampires." she now looked at Taec straight into his eyes.

"What do you mean?" Taec asked, now confused.

"You don't know that the destined one, Nichkhun, has been hunting us down, in search of  Aaron. He doesn't even care if the vampire that he's killing is an enemy or not." Helena explained.

"How do we know if a vampire is not an enemy? I am totally confused I'm sorry, because I'm fairly new to this." Taec asked now all ears with what Helena is about to say.

"For one, vampires like us, who wish to co-exist with human, will never fight you guys. Second we don't feed ravagely on streets or public places,we normally have blood supplies from the blood bank and some of us doesn't even feed on humans, you can compare those vampires with what you call vegetarians, where they feed on animal blood." Helena poured out all the information that Taec needed.

"Now I understand. Look, I apologize for Khun's actions, among us, he is the last person to use too much violence but I guess, he just have so much hatred on Aaron and his men that's why he's like this. I'll talk to him don't worry." Taec said earnestly.

"Thank you very much, I feel that Venice is about to go out of the room, we'll be leaving soon." Helena stood up getting ready.

"Can I see you again." Taec asked almost reluctantly. Helena looked at him for a long time as if examining his whole being.

"Don't worry you'll see me again." Helena said softly as the door opened with Venice and Dr. Rice coming into view.

"Taec, you're here, Venice this is Taec, Taec this is Venice, leader of one of our trusted vampire covens." Dr. Rice made the introductions as they both shook hands.

"Hello,its nice to meet you and glad that you were able to at least have a conversation with our Helena, you must be really special for her to talk to you." Venice said smiling sweetly.

Despite being a vampire, Helena clearly blushed on Venice's teasing, and decided to fix her eyes to the ground while they all talked.

"Don't worry Venice, I will talk to Khun, this is partly my fault since I haven't trained them yet on how to distinguish enemies from allies. Khun is a kind person, he's just going through so much right now." Dr. Rice explained.

"Sir, don't worry I will see to it that Khun will not go beyond reason anymore. We will bring his old self back." Taec offered.

"Thank You Taec, you're certainly leaving good impressions today. We shall take our leave now." Venice said with a light nod to both men.

"It was really nice to meet you Helena, I'll see you soon." Taec gave Helena a dazzling smile. As Helena gave him a shy smile in response.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"I hope everything is well understood. It might be a bit difficult for you guys, but you will definitely get used to it. We don't want to cause trouble with the vampires that we have already worked with for over centuries just because of what happened to Han. If she was here, she will say the same thing." Dr. Rice said looking at all 6 men sitting in front of him.

They all nodded except for Khun who just sat there with a frown on his face. "I just don't know how I can make myself trust any of them anymore. But I'll try my best. I won't promise." he said casually.

Taking a deep breath Dr. Rice continued "Also, I might need you guys to do something for me soon once your schedule gets cleared. We will be having an annual conference with all superhumans, leaders from different countries and our allies. There are 5 vampire covens that we aim to join the union, however they've been avoiding everyone that we sent to talk to them, 2 leaders are in Korea, I will give you details on how to present everything to them, and with your stature I believe it will not be hard to approach them since they are ladies." Dr. Rice smiled sheepishly while Junho and Wooyoung looked very excited to take on the mission.

"Thank you for trusting us sir, we will do our best. We still have another 2 weeks of activities, we will have more time after. I do have a concern, since we are meant to save people, and we are ummm popular, how do we hide our identities now that Han is not around?"  Minjun asked.

"Good question, as of now, you have no choice but to refrain from using your powers and let the other superhumans handle everything first. But in case you really encounter something that is unavoidable, then you would have to find a way to cover up for the situation. Don't worry, we have an equipment that works like Han's power to make people forget what they saw, but with Han she can cover a wide area on one go, with this equipment you have to use it one person at a time, but don't worry we will help you out, we have prepared everything that you need." Dr. Rice explained as he pointed on 6 black pouches that has several gadgets inside.

"This is so cool! I feel like a real super hero now." Chansung exclaimed, very ecstatic to see the contents of the pouch. Dr. Rice smiled because he felt that their family has now became bigger and stronger, however his smile immediately fainted with thoughts of Han's condition began to flood his mind.

Khun saw it, so he immediately approached Dr. Rice giving him a tight squeeze on his shoulder. "We are here for you sir. I will never let anything or anyone harm Han again." he said sincerely.

"I know Khun, Thank you! I am so happy that Han have you in her life. I've always believed that both of you are really destined for each other, even if she says otherwise." Dr. Rice gave Khun an appreciative smile.

"Destined? how do you know that? Is that something that you feel sir?" Khun asked quizically.

"You mean, Han never told you anything about you guys being destined for each other?" Dr. Rice asked obviously shocked.

"No she never did, we never talked about our relationship too, it just happened so quickly and everything we do together just came naturally." Khun told him. 

"I dunno her reasons why she kept this from you, but I think what's important now is what both of you feel for each other at present right?" Dr. Rice asked.

"I agree, but thinking that she never really believed in us before, makes me feel worried, with the situation that she is in right now. I'm sorry if I feel so threatened about her past with Aaron. " Khun said sadly.

"You don't have to be threatened, trust me." Dr. Rice gave Khun a reassuring smile.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"I saw it Helena, there's no use in hiding it." Venice said while they sat side by side inside the car. "How did it happen?" she asked.

"I apologize for not telling you this Venice, I never thought that this would happen." Helena replied clasping her hands. " Remember the time that you had me follow Marcus and Tao around and ended up knowing about all their plans during the first battle, that's when I first saw Taec." Helena started her story.

"I think I already know what you're getting at, so that's why his vampirism won't go away fast, you and Tao bit him and it could be because you imprinted on him as well" Venice declared in disbelief. "So that's why you're always been away, I should've noticed all these. I'm so sorry for being insensitive."  Venice gives Helena a hug.

"I apologize for what I did Venice but the moment I saw him I just can't resist the feeling that I have, I dunno what has gotten into me that day. Don't worry I will do my best to control all this." Helena replied sadly.

"You don't have to do that, do what you have to do, but unfortunately he can never be one of us, I dunno how he will accept all these but you can at least try to explain to him." Venice said thoughtfully.

"Maybe, I would, if the right time comes." Helena answered back now looking outside of the window her thoughts filled with Taec's beautiful face.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He was hiding in the dark, counting how many they are in the vicinity. There were 2 of them, and they seem strong. They were lurking at the back door of a factory they seem to be waiting for someone. He thought that now is the perfect time to make his move. Putting on his hoodie and face mask he made his way towards the 2 vampires.

"Waiting for someone?" Khun asked with a smirk. The 2 vampires hissed but did not make a move. Khun initiated the attack but the 2 kept dodging. 

"Please stop." one of them said while avoiding Khun's punch. 

"Why should I? and Why are you even here?!" Khun barked.

"Yah! Khunnie!" Taec called him out he was with Chansung. They rushed towards Khun. "Can't you see that they are not fighting back? Why do you keep on attacking them?" Taec asked with an annoyed tone.

"Stay out of this Taec." Khun said gritting his teeth. Chansung grabbed Khun's arm to stop him from launching another attack.

"Fine, let him go Chansung, let's watch him as he continue to ruin his life with hatred!" Taec spatted removing Chansung's hand from Khun's arm. "Go! kill them like what you did with everyone else these past 2 weeks. How many more do you need to kill before you get satisfied so we can keep count. We'll wait for the day that you're done with being miserable so we can have our brother back." Taec continued looking straight at Khun's eyes searching for the Nichkhun that they know.

Khun was taken aback by what Taec said. The 2 vampires were about to leave when the door opened, with Helena and 2 more ladies coming out. She looked at all 3 men and said, "You do keep your word Taec, Thank you.!" Helena smiled at him, and shifted her gaze to Khun. "I know Han, she wouldn't love a violent person like you, that's why she chose to sacrifice her love for Aaron because she knew what kind of monster he has become, but with how you are right now, I don't see any difference between the two of you." she told Khun with a very cold tone as they took their leave. She swiftly placed something inside Taec's hand which he immediately tucked inside his pocket, knowing that she didn't want anyone to notice what she did.

"I'm sorry. Please help me. All I want is to make sure that Han will never get hurt again. With Aaron still alive, she will always be in danger, I can't afford to lose her." Khun said softly tears b on his eyes.

"Hyung, let's all sit down and talk about this. I'm sure there will be other ways to find him other than taking revenge on his people. Please give us a chance to help you." Chansung replied hugging Khun tightly as Taec placed his hand on Khun's shoulder squeezing it tightly. Seeing that both Khun and Chansung are still in a very emotional state. he carefully checked on the piece of paper that Helena gave him:

"Forgive me Taec for choosing you......#27241125"

Taec now deep in thoughts as he looked at Chansung who continued to comfort Khun. In his mind he asked. "Who are you Helena and what did you choose me for?"