The Beginning pt.2

Destined

"Is this how you welcome an old friend?" Aaron said smiling at them. 

Kathy was the first to approach Aaron giving him a hug, Dawn followed reluctantly while Sam reached out his hand for a handshake. Aaron took Sam's hand then yanked him forward giving him a brotherly hug. Sam did not know how to feel, Aaron was really close to him and seeing him now that he's a vampire truly breaks his heart, especially seeing him act as the brother that he used to have.

"I'm so glad you came, Thank you so much Aaron. You can join them at this table, since it was really reserved for you guys." Kathy offered

"It's my pleasure to be here, though it really took me some time to come in, I didn't mean to be late, I just didn't want to distract Han since I knew she was..." he stopped because everyone was eyeing on him.

"So you knew she had a surprise for Kathy, I dunno what's worst, you turning into what you are right now or you being a stalker. Or does it really go together?" Dawn smirked.

Kathy hushed Dawn "You haven't changed Dawn, you always loved bullying me. But don't worry I haven't changed much, I guess." Aaron laughed.

They all tried to be as casual as they could, though its really hard for Sam and Dawn, considering that their instincts are killing them because Aaron's kind will always be considered as danger. Aaron then looked at Han's direction seeing her totally drowned in Khun's gaze made him flinch.

"Han seem happy." he said under his breath.

"I think so too." Sam answered looking straight at Aaron "I hope we can leave it that way bro, this past 2 years has been tough for her, I think you're aware of that." still maintaining eye contact with him.

"I understand what you're getting at Sam, I'm not here to cause any trouble, don't worry." Aaron answered with a weak smile.

The music ended and the host said that the program will continue after the next song. Khun and Han decided to rest so Khun took her hand and was leading her back to their table when Han stopped dead in her tracks, looking straight at the handsome young man seated at their table,. He had black hair, pale white skin, his deep-set black eyes shining together with his dazzling smile. Han began to tremble, she was fighting the tears that was beginning to build up in her eyes, she turned her back and began pulling Khun towards the direction of the bar. 

"Is that..." he paused. He stopped Han holding on to her shoulders so she could face him. He saw how much Han was struggling with the emotions that she is feeling right now and Khun seemed to feel every ounce of pain, confusion, anger that is boiling inside her. She touched her cheek softly "Han, talk to me, I am here for you ok, what do you want me to do to take all these pain away." he said looking straight into her eyes.

"He's Aaron, he's my ex-boyfriend. We ended up hurting each other with our decisions so that's why we avoided each other for 2 years." Han replied sitting on a stool in front of the bar. "I thought I was ready to face him, but I guess not." she continued taking a sip from the Margarita that was placed by the bartender in front of her.

Taking a seat as well, Khun continued to look at Han full of concern "Maybe you still Love him, that's why." he blurted out hesitantly. "I'm sorry, what I meant was maybe you really need to at least talk to him to put closure on everything. That way you would stop feeling all this hurt that you had to endure for the last 2 years."

"Maybe you're right Khun, I don't think I will ever forget the Love that I felt for him but it does not necessarily mean that I still love him. And I think its about time to put an end on all the pain, You're right." Han answered, taking a final sip on the Margarita, she decided to go back to their table. "Can you promise me one thing, if anything happens, please hold on to me and never let go of my hand?" Han pleaded, she also didn't know why she asked Khun to do that, but it just came out of her unexpectedly.

Khun's face softened and took him in his arms. "I promise, I won't let go." he whispered to her fervently.

--------------------------------------------------

"Are you positive?" he asked for the second time, making sure that he heard them right.

"Yes Dr. Rice, we even went back and checked what was written. You can even try to go through the images that we kept in our brains. It clearly said there, the Union of the Warrior and Protector is the key towards Peace. " one of his research team members explained.

Taking a deep breath, Dr. Rice stood up, turned the projector on to show them what seem like a list of families related by blood which goes back even Before Christ. And at the very bottom, there were 2 names that matches the identity of each bloodline. "The accuracy of the reports are already close to 80% since these files were kept by families of our kind eversince they have discovered that in each generation there will be at least one in each family that would carry these special powers to serve the purpose of saving the world. Finding the right people was never easy, but thanks to Science and people like you now we have a database of everyone that could possibly carry these special skills." he said as he tried to click on the drop down arrows on each family name. "As you can see we have here 2 that we have been focusing on, and because these families was said to have sacred encounters with the Gods. We know that we don't just live by belief or if these are mere coincidence, but these two people [pointing at Han and Khun], as you can see came from the family of Itus and Enyo, God of Protection and Goddess of War." Dr. Rice turned to face his research team. "So what do you think? Are we to believe the Myth or not?" he asked as s buzzing sound from everyone's whispers filled the room.

"Dr. Rice, we have an emergency, a large group of vampires has been spotted at an island...in Asia."  one of his staff came bursting into the conference room.

"How many are we looking at?" Dr. Rice asked in a stern tone.

"Possibly a hundred, or even more." the staff member replied his voice trembling.

Dr. Rice started dialing a number "Toni, you need to go to Han, NOW! They're in trouble. Bring everyone with you." he said ending the call.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Hi Aaron, It's been a long time." Han greeted with a smile putting so much effort in sounding cheerful as Khun continued to hold her right hand tightly.

Aaron stood up smiling at Han as his eyes fell on their hands that were intertwined. "Hi Han! I'm so happy to see you." he was not able to control himself and gave Han a hug which yanked her hand free from Khun's. She stood frozen by the sudden display of affection by Aaron but she can't seem to make herself move.

Realizing what he did, Aaron slowly freed Han from his embrace, which brought awkward silence among the group. Clearing his throat he introduced himself to Khun. "Hello, I'm Aaron." offering a handshake.

Khun accepted the handshake, however he felt like something had hit his head. Making it throb so bad, he shook his head and closed his eyes, then focused back on Aaron. "I'm Khun it's nice to meet you." he replied

Han was just standing still until she saw how Khun reacted on the handshake, she then took his hand again, she needed to help him control his senses coz by now she knew that at the back of Khun's head its like his hearing emergency sirens everywhere. She started using her powers making him feel calm, she then felt that whatever power Khun has inside him is steaming up like a volcano that's about to erupt. Sam now noticed how Khun is struggling so hard seeing beads of sweat starting to form on his forehead, looking agitated.

"This is not good, I need help." Han spoke to Sam and Dawn using her mind. They both nodded.

"I think we should talk outside Aaron." Han said looking at the direction of the tent's opening facing the seashore. "I'll be right back Khun, Remember to keep your promise." she whispered to him.

Khun nodded and never took his eyes away from Han as she walked with Aaron towards the open air. "Are you alright Khun?" Dawn asked touching his hand. "Ouch, what was that?" checking her hand that touched his. " You're hot, I mean extremely hot.!" Dawn stated with a worried tone. Sam started feeling his forehead. 

"Khun I think we should bring you to the nearest cottage you look sick man." Sam declared as he stood up from the table.

"I can't leave Han, I promised that I will be waiting for her." Khun replied now feeling a bit groggy while Sam shot a glance at Han and Aaron who were deep in their conversation. Sam and Dawn suddenly stared at  each other "What the!!..." Sam's voice trailed off

------------------------------------------

"Look Han, I'm sorry if coming here made you feel uncomfortable. I'm not staying long don't worry." Aaron said as he looked carefully on Han's blank expression. 

"You don't have to apologize, It's fine. I'm happy that we finally saw each other after what happened. Thank you for going by my wishes, I know it was difficult and I know you were always around but I appreciate that you did your best in keeping your distance." Han took a deep breath before looking straight into Aaron's eyes. "I am very thankful that you became a part of my life and I know you will always be, from this moment on let's continue living our lives as it is right now, separately." Han said softly as she touched Aaron's cheek feeling how cold his soft skin was, and her heart twitched knowing how much she used to love the warmth of his body.

Aaron felt like he was stabbed a million times right through his heart but he knew Han so well, with one look in her eyes, he knew that her mind was already made up and this is not the proper venue to end up with an arguement. "I will still do my best, but I can't promise that I will stop loving of you because I know I'd still do even from afar." Aaron replied with a sigh of defeat. Han finally gave him a hug, knowing that this might be the last time she will have him in her arms, as tears began rolling down her cheeks, she pulled away then gave him a soft kiss on his cheek. Aaron just stood there with his eyes closed, trying his best to hold back his tears and frustration knowing that the girl he loved the most has already put an end on everything between them.

He was about to stop her from walking when they both felt it. Looking at each other, their eyes grew big as they saw torches from the mountains leading to the beach. There were so many of them, that Han's heart began to beat rapidly, not out of fear but more of worry, taking a quick glance on the number people inside the tent who are unaware of what's about to happen.

"What's this Aaron?!" she asked gritting her teeth.

"Han believe me, I don't know what the hell are they doing here.!" Aaron answered with panic in his voice.

Han's eyes now looking directly at Sam's "Khun needs help." He told Han in his thoughts, she saw how bad Khun looked its as if he's gonna faint anytime now, his human side cannot contain whatever powers he has in him anymore. Now she doesn't know what to do first, they need to protect the people, at the same time they need to fight and she needs to help Khun. 

"Talk to your people Aaron, if they will cause trouble, I'm sorry but I would have no choice but to get rid of them all." Han said firmly as she ran towards the table.

Dawn went to Kathy, so that the host can possibly do something to keep the guests busy and told her to keep calm because they will try their best to control things as quietly as they could. As much as she wanted to take Dawn's word for it, Kathy was still shaken knowing what could happen, as she took a peak of the torches that she's seeing from afar. 

"Khun, speak to me." Han took both his hands squeezing them tightly. He tried to open his eyes but he can only see blurred figures in front of him. Han knew that she needs to take action is case his powers gets unleashed anytime. She didn't have much of a choice but to do it, she needs to bind him with her powers so that she can help him with his.

"We need to move him now. I will try to do it as fast as I could, please hold them off. I already placed protection over the tent but it might not be that strong because I'll be using much of my powers once I start the process with Khun." Han told Sam frantically, as he started lifting Khun by his shoulder making it seem like he just got drunk while Han took his other arm. They went to the dressing room.

"Don't worry, I know Aaron will help, and I was sent a message that the Elites are coming. Just do what you have to do." Sam squeezed Han's shoulder then left.

"Khun, I'm sorry,I know everything will change starting this very moment but I have to do this to protect you as well. Don't worry, from this day on I will never leave you.Even if I'm afar I'd still be with you" Han whispered, she knew that Khun can probably hear her but with his enhanced senses out of control he is totally disoriented at this time. She started the process,only Han has the ability to help other super humans in controlling their powers. She has that extreme power of the mind which has been known amongst their kind. A sudden surge of electricity started emitting from Han's body making a connection with Khun. He started to open his eyes, now locking it with Han's as the binding began. 

----------------------------------

Aaron landed in front of the large group of vampires that were trooping down the mountain which made them halt, he cannot see Marcus or even Tao which made him wonder as to who was leading them. "I need to speak to your leader. Why are you here?" Aaron shouted for everyone to hear.

"We are not lead by anyone today, but we were told that the destined ones are here and we need to destroy them before they kill all of us." One of older vampires replied.

Aaron sighed exasperated "Whoever told you that was definitely mistaken, there is no such thing as destined ones, no one in that tent is going to hurt any of us not unless we ourselves will start to hurt them." 

A young man went forward to face Aaron. "Why are we supposed to believe in what you're saying when you can't even stand up for your kind as our Prince." the young man replied looking at Aaron with his eyes full of hatred.

Aaron was taken aback, he knew that he had hurt his people by not taking his responsibility, but he also needed to make them understand that humans and vampires can co-exist without hurting one another. "I am not here to take sides, I'm here to tell all of you that there is no need to start this war. We have lost a lot of our people already, and I myself can't afford losing more. I may not be your Prince now, but I can definitely find a way to make everything peaceful for both ends." he said calmly.

"You're a Coward! How can you be the chosen one! You have accepted our defeat when we haven't even started. You don't deserve our allegiance! Everyone move!" the young man spatted trying to move forward.

Gathering all his energy, Aaron raised his hand making the frontliners numb, they cannot move an inch. "I apologize, but I can't let you do this, you would have to go through me first." Aaron growled, glaring at the young man. 5 of his allies already stood behind Aaron, ready for battle. From afar he could see that a stealth aircraft have just arrived. He started to feel relief knowing that the Elites are here.

---------------------------------------------------

"We're so glad you came." Dawn said running towards Toni to give her a hug. 

"There's only 3 of us." Toni answered her face full of concern. They also launched an attack up North, and we needed to send 5 of our people out there.

Sam was thinking so hard, he felt severe tension in the air, looking at the protection that Han built for the tent, he started to worry because it looked as if its not gonna last for long. He knew that Aaron was trying his best to hold back his people but God knows for how long he can do that since they are out-numbered as well. Trying to sound confident he said. " I think we can handle this, hopefully Han will not be drained by the binding so we can have her as our back-up just in case.

The 5 supers started to prepare for battle, " We can do this!" Toni exclaimed as the 4 all nodded in agreement. There was eerie silence when all of a sudden they felt something. All of them clutched their chests as if their hearts were being ripped off.

Thousands of miles away, Dr. Rice also felt the same way and whispered "My Child...." as tears started to brim his eyes.

 

**I Apologize, I know there are a lot of fictional characters involved, but I am about to put up all the pieces soon because I am gonna be using all 2PM members as well in the story, they also play a vital role in this fanfic. Thanks for reading and bearing with me =] **