Confused

Destined

She entered her room dazed. "I can't believe that this is really happening." she told herself. She can now clearly remember what happened 2 years ago. Her father's voice seem to echo inside her head. 

"This is what you are meant to do, Han. There is no way we can change it. If we want to save the world  then you need to do this." her father said earnestly.

"You gotta be kidding me, not that I don't believe in the things that your team has done dad, but its manipulating the future. I am not to be binded to anyone without love!  We are not God!" she answered back, clenching her fist.

"Let's not talk about religion here, because it was clearly not stated in any religion all the things that we are doing right now. And I would like to believe that what we have, these gifts, are given by God for a purpose. We serve as protectors of mankind without them knowing much of our existence. As far as I know we have been doing an excellent job. If its wrong to foresee what is to happen in the future then so be it. I won't risk people's lives not even yours just because we can't accept what the future holds for us." her father stated now raising his voice.

He turned to face Han, then took a step closer to her, seeing the tears that's about to well out from her eyes, and feeling the anger building up inside her heart. "I am sorry that you are the chosen one, I know that it has become a burden for you, but I know in your heart, you would do anything to make this world a better place to live in. I'm sorry that you have to sacrifice everything even your heart just to make sure that everything will fall in the right place." her father hugs her tightly.

She didn't say a word, but in her thoughts she told her father. " I don't know how to accept all these anymore, I already lost everything...my parents, my dreams, my love..." as she cried silently in her father's arms.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Khun was awaken by the beeping of his phone. It was a message from his manager saying that he already went out for dinner. Then he looked at the clock it was already 9 p.m. He slept for like 5 hours. He sat up staring blankly at the wall, then he remembered what happened before he slept. For him it was really embarassing but rather than looking at himself again in the mirror he started feeling himself instead. There was no denying that now, though the muscles were not as big as earlier, his body became very defined, as if he just came from a 3-day work out. He sighed heavily, because now he doesn't know whether this is something that he should be happy about or what. 

Khun slumped back into bed, thinking at what has been happening over the past few months. He's been having nightmares of people running after him almost everyday. There will be times that he was very short-tempered and paranoid which was never his personality. Moments that he felt he has been pushing himself to his limits but still able to pull through with no problems. He hid all these thoughts at the deepest corner of his mind, because he's scared to know what exactly is the reason behind all these. Though sometimes, even s would be freaking out because he has changed in some ways, thinking that he was just stressed out, that's why he felt that it was time for him to take a break.

"I think I'm worrying too much." he told himself . Standing up, he felt his stomach complaining because its already way past dinnertime. "Oh well its never late when it comes to food." he sighs. With that he fixed himself quickly, wearing a cardigan over his shirt, then he went down to grab a bite at the hotel's restaurant.

After dinner, he decided to take walk, It was almost 11 p.m. then. He did not plan to go far, just a short walk near the beach to have a breath of fresh air. It was quiet, no one else was around as he walked along the stone path leading to the beach. The sky was so clear that each star seemed to sparkle more than it should. Finally he found peace, as he stopped savoring every second of it. The sound of the waves were like music to his ears, how he longed for this moment, when all of a sudden he heard someone yelling for help. He looked around but saw no one,he closed his eyes to focus as to where the sound is coming from. He began walking, as if his feet has a mind of its own, it was bringing him towards the direction of an old lifeguard post on the other side of the beach. 

Khun suddenly felt a certain sense of urgency so he began to run. Approaching the post he can now clearly hear that it was a girl's voice crying and pleading for mercy, but at the moment it seemed like there's no more energy left in her, as the sound became weaker. He was forcing the door open but it was locked. There was continuous slapping and beating from the other side of the door and the sound of laughter as if coming from the devil.

"Please! stop. Noooooo!" he heard her trying to scream with all her might. And that did it, Khun's heart started to pound so hard as his whole body tensed, he shut his eyes tight feeling every nerve in his body trembling, with his hands clenched on both sides. He took a deep breath, with absolute fury as he opened his eyes, he gave the door a strong punch, as his arms went smashing though the wooden door, several pieces of wood went flying in all directions. Unlocking the door from the inside, he then pulled his arm as if the splinters that hung on his arm didn't hurt, he went inside and saw two men hovering over a girl that is sprawled over the floor already half . With one of them already on top of the girl, the other immediately came over to welcome Khun with a punch. Khun avoided it and gave him a left jab that landed solid on the man's jaw which sent him flying at the other end of the room unconscious. The other man now stood up taking the wooden log lying on the floor and took the opportunity to hit Khun while he was still busy looking at the other guy. 

The log landed on Khun's back which could've broken his shoulder, but instead,it was the log that got broken in half as Khun turned to face him. His whole body now filled with anger,he was breathing heavily like a wild animal about to attack his prey. He took the man by the neck using his right hand,shoving him towards the wall as he slowly lifted him up. Khun was unaware that the man's feet already left the ground, and began gasping for air as life is slowly being choked out from his body. It was like Khun had gone mad that he was just watching the man carefully, losing consciousness on his own hand. Another minute would have meant the end for that bastard, when he heard the girl calling out for help with a faint voice, she was in pain. That made Khun snap out from whatever took over his body, letting go of the man's neck which sent him crashing to the ground.

Khun rushed beside the girl, the unusual glint in his eye earlier while dealing with the 2 men is now gone, which was replaced by a look full of concern. Peeling off his cardigan to cover her exposed upper body because her shirt was ripped open.  He can see blood trickling from her forehead and also from the bruises that she got out of the battering that those two rapists had done to her. He took his phone out from his pocket and called the hotel for help. He did not move the girl worried that she might have broken something so he just held her hand for comfort. "It's gonna be fine, I will not leave you, help is coming." he said softly. 

"Are you an angel sent from heaven?" The girl asked with her voice still trembling. " Thank you for saving my life. " she continued on. Khun gave her a warm smile in reply as they began hearing the sound of sirens and footsteps rushing towards their direction.

A couple of meters away, someone started to place a phone call. "He definitely is a Natural sir, I thought he would still need my aid, but he was able to handle it like a piece of cake. He can easily be triggered by even the smallest things, which makes me worry but I find very impressive, considering the fact that he is still in his early stages." the man reported

" I guess everything that was told about him is true, that's why we need to guide him, we wouldn't want him to go into the wrong hands. Please stay with him, make sure that he's always safe." The man on the other line commanded as the line went dead.

 

** Would appreciate comments or suggestions**